PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Racing > Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
Legiion

skhter's Gamercard
Achievement Guide and Road Map

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
-Offline: 20 (200)
-Online: 0 (0)
-Approximate time to 200: 6 hours+ (Depends on Skill)
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (Level Select)
-Missable Achievements: None
-Glitched Achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats
-Extra equipment needed? No extra equipment needed
-Does difficulty affect achievements? No

Welcome the achievement guide for NFS: Hot Pursuit! NFS: Hot Pursuit is second Need for Speed game on the Windows Phone market. The game has two different careers with a separate achievement list for each of the two. All in all, it's probably the best racing game for the Windows Phone. So, if you enjoy racing games, do not hesitate to pick it up!

The game has a level-up system for the cars. Everytime you win/get a set number of stars you'll earn bounty. This will level you up, and you will get better cars as you level up more.

Tips and hints:
-Get used to not obtaining three stars on a race the first time you try. Most of the time you'll have to keep playing it or get a better car
-I consider the racing career to be the hardest, so I suggest that you start with the police career to get a feel for the game
-Many people are going to struggle with 3-staring the final race in the racer career, "the duel". To 3-star it you need to complete the race with 20 seconds or more left on the clock. I did this with the Koenigsegg CCX. Use overdrive whenever it's available, and all the nitro you have on the straight sections. This may require several attempts and can be quite hard, so just keep at it.
-All achievements pop at the end of the events

As of said, the two careers have different achievements tied to them.

Cop Achievements:

Training Wheels1 Finish the tutorial.
When you first start the career for the first time, you will be asked if you want to play a tutorial. Accept it and complete it, then this will pop. You can also find the tutorial in the options.

A Real Badge5 Get 3 Stars on all events in Tier 1
See "Chest Full of Medals"

Working For The Man10 Get 3 Stars on all events in Tier 2

Third Time's A Charm15 Get 3 Stars on all events in Tier 3

Chest Full Of Medals20 Get 3 Stars on all events in Tier 4
This requires you to get 3 stars on all the events in the four different tiers. The different events vary in both type and difficulty. Some races you can 3 star the first time you play it, other races you may only get 1 or 2 stars the first time around. If you see that you are far away from the target time or targets, you may want to advance in the career to get better cars. Most of the events in the cop career are fairly easy and with enough practice and time, you will get this.

Porcupine10 Cause 50 opponents to hit Spike Strips
If you do not have this after the end of the campaign, this can easily be grinded out on the level "Aggression Check" in tier 2. I used the Koenigsegg CCX, and on this level the cars are quite slow so they are easy to hit. Right before deploying the spike strips, you'll notice a meter at the bottom of the screen. When this turns green, you are almost guaranteed to hit. Do this a cumulative total of 50 times and this achievement will be yours.

Blockade10 Get 100 Roadblock hits
If you do not have this after the end of the campaign, this can be grinded out on the level "Just Rampage" in tier 1. I also did this with the Koenigsegg CCX. In this event the cars are not that fast and seems to hit the roadblock more often. Doing this 100 times will net you this one.

Coming Through10 Nudge 200 cars
To nudge a car you need to hit another car with a bit of force and about 100 mph. You know you have succeeded when "Nudge!" appears on the screen. This is cumulative and after doing this 200 times, this will pop.

Last edited by Legiion; 01-19-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Legiion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
Legiion

skhter's Gamercard
Nice and Tidy13 Drive without colliding for a total of 15mi (20km)
I am still not sure as to what the game means with colliding, but I got this on the level "Performance Review". I tried to drive as carefully as possible, but I still hit things here and there. This popped the fourth time I did it.

Globe Trotter6 Drive 60mi (100km)
This is cumulative and will come through natural play. I got this while playing through tier 2.

Racer Achievements:

Breaking The Law10 Take down 100 Cops
This is cumulative and may be a bit of a grind. I did it on the event "Escape Artist" on tier 1 and I averaged about 3 takedowns per time. Also, I higly recommend completing the race with a star or two, to make sure your progress is saved. After 100 takedowns, this will pop.

Eat My Dust5 Get 3 Stars on all events in Tier 1
See "Leader of the Pack"

Grinding The Grid10 Get 3 Stars on all events in Tier 2
See "Leader of the Pack"

The Magic Number15 Get 3 Stars on all events in Tier 3
See "Leader of the Pack"

Leader Of The Pack20 Get 3 Stars on all events in Tier 4
This requires you to get 3 stars on all events in the different tiers. As for the cop ones, be prepared to return to previous races with better cars to get those three stars. Especially the final race in tier 4 is extra hard. To 3-star it, you need to finish the race with 20 or more seconds left on the clock. Use all your powerups when they are available, especially overdrive. I also suggest using nitro on straight sections or if the police car is just about to overtake you. This may require several attempts, so good luck!

G Force10 Reach 250Mph (400 Km/h)
I was able to get this with the Koenigsegg CCX. I used a combination of overdrive and nitro. So, find an event with overdrive and keep driving until you come to a long straight section. Use both the nitro and the overdrive, and you should be able to top 250 mph and obtain this achievement

Sidewinder10 Drift for a total of 250 seconds
This is cumulative and will most likely come through natural play. I got this while going for cop takedowns as I was drifting all over the place to slow myself down. Just keep drifting as much as possible and this will pop eventually.

Close Call10 Get 50 Near Misses
This is also cumulative. A near miss is when you come very close to a car, but you just don't hit it. Doing this 50 times will net you this one.

Cunning Stunt Driver5 Do 10 Handbrake 180s
I did this on the very first event. A handbrake 180 is when you swipe down whilst quickly turning left or right. You need a bit of speed for this, and around 100 mph should suffice. Do this ten times, then finish the race. As soon as you've finished this will pop.

Nitrous Fiend5 Use Nitrous for a total of 1000 seconds
This is also cumulative. To activate nitro, just swipe up on your screen. I got this during the fourth tier. This will come through natural play.

Also, this is my first guide, so any feedback/tips is much appreciated!

Last edited by Legiion; 01-19-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Legiion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #3
Kairi
Moderator / Spam Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member DEG23 and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (WP) Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Watch me fault her. You're living like a disaster. She said "Kill me faster with strawberry gashes all over"
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote