PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Reviewers?

Wow, a LOT of you have been playing this game really early. So far none of you have actually put up a review yet. Or at least, you haven't cared to share your site/youtube channel with your review. I mean, what's the point of you getting the review copy if you aren't actually going to review it!? Can you guys post your links for your reviews here please?
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 03-02-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #2
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
You know this thread is only going to cause arguements don't you?

Old 03-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #3
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
He's a mod though. You never mess or argue with a mod. Ever.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
Old 03-02-2013, 03:30 AM   #4
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
It's just a point I'm proving. People got comfortable posting videos/sharing tips very quickly as if this site is a safe haven for it. BillyBob got banned because he started posting a guide for the collectibles for Geras of War Judgement...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=424960

I am trying to be fair about it. Yes some people get legit copies. What worries me are comments like this:

"I can assure you when I started on this game, nobody was on the leaderboards but testers and devs. The highest dev was 27 and I was above him."

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-02-2013, 03:52 AM   #5
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Don't get me wrong Tyger, I bought up the same question in another thread on here. I just feel this thread may get some flak.

There are people here who get legitimate copies early and I, like many, have no problem at all with that. Hell, my copy was shipped yesterday so should be with me soon.

BTW, Billybob was banned here ages ago on his original username. It was Swaggers from Swearingatvideogames. Really disappointed he went the piracy route. Sadly, this is what the pursuit of money does to gamers now. The first person to pop a collectable guide up on Youtube gets the most monetisation from their videos. It is truly quite sad.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I've actually been thinking about this a fair bit since the Gears of War thread and leak that happened.

As someone who was in consistent contact with Steven Kunz who would happen to be the guy in charge of review copies, I can assure you that it is quite hard to get your hands on a promotional copy of this game. I was in the grid, but was told that my 150,000 youtube views/month was not enough for me to get an early copy, and I would only be considered for a copy next week. Considering the people who have been claiming "review copies", it's quite amazing to see accounts with a couple thousand views, no associated websites, and no type of content that would encourage developers to send you copies and take presidence over others. I wonder how you got them...

Brings me to my next point, I feel like it should become common courtesy for people posting content early, that they provide some sort of a picture to prove that they have a physical review copy, or have been sold an early copy from retailers. Obviously, any achievements unlocked in your videos should be opened and shown with an online timestamp. I do it, why can't you? I already have my eyes on a few people who seem to be repeat offenders on the site, only a matter of time before you make a mistake. There are 2 people especially.

I've been all for the promotion of those who take the proper route when creating content for the website, although have never brought it up in any serous way as I know it wouldn't be taken seriously because of the conflict of interest. Unfortunately, people are making videos WAY early, posting them at midnight on launch day, not showing timestamps, and then getting all the forum views, leading to better search results on YouTube, also in the end making them more profit.

Of course, there will be some people who are able to get legitimate copies early on a regular basis because of some outside factor. Make yourselves known, and show some form of proof.

Last edited by Maka; 03-02-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

http://www.gamepur.com/news/10478-to...l-release.html

Not good...especially when considering threads dates.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
It's just a point I'm proving. People got comfortable posting videos/sharing tips very quickly as if this site is a safe haven for it. BillyBob got banned because he started posting a guide for the collectibles for Geras of War Judgement...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=424960

I am trying to be fair about it. Yes some people get legit copies. What worries me are comments like this:

"I can assure you when I started on this game, nobody was on the leaderboards but testers and devs. The highest dev was 27 and I was above him."
I don't know the point of it but I was messaged about being quoted about what I said. Yes I said that. Is there something wrong with what I said?

I don't review games and I don't have YouTube or anything else. I didn't post the info for notoriety. I posted it to be helpful to the community. I didn't think it was a problem posting info early. As I have recently seen some others do a whole guide, I posted a tip.

Some people are legit some are not. I'm a grown man. I'm not gonna jump through a bunch of hoops so somebody can feel justified about my disc. Ive had early access to games since 08. I don't try and be number 1, I'm not better than anyone else. Hell half the time I don't say anything about games. Yet this time I found something I thought the community should or would want to know.

Now as far as Tomb Raider its funny people claim its not being sold early but even people in Europe have and are getting their copies.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE BOI View Post
I don't know the point of it but I was messaged about being quoted about what I said. Yes I said that. Is there something wrong with what I said?

I don't review games and I don't have YouTube or anything else. I didn't post the info for notoriety. I posted it to be helpful to the community. I didn't think it was a problem posting info early. As I have recently seen some others do a whole guide, I posted a tip.

Some people are legit some are not. I'm a grown man. I'm not gonna jump through a bunch of hoops so somebody can feel justified about my disc. Ive had early access to games since 08. I don't try and be number 1, I'm not better than anyone else. Hell half the time I don't say anything about games. Yet this time I found something I thought the community should or would want to know.

Now as far as Tomb Raider its funny people claim its not being sold early but even people in Europe have and are getting their copies.
The problem with the comment was that you said the only people on the leaderboards were devs and testers, yet you are neither. I'm not going to ask or quiz you on why you were the only other person on the leaderboards besides them. I get the point, you wanted to let people know that your method was fast. I'm not saying people (including me) don't appreciate posts like yours that save time, especially when we have jobs/families etc like you do. What concerns me is someone gets banned for posting something early (Gears of War Judgement) and days later Tomb Raider gets leaked and people are talking about it. Just posting it on release day may have been a better choice. As of now, the only people you could possibly be helping are people downloading the game and a couple here and there that have legit copies.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
blfire

Avoids's Gamercard
Stores get there copies 2 weeks early (around here at least) i get every game early.

Last edited by blfire; 03-02-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #11
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
The problem with the comment was that you said the only people on the leaderboards were devs and testers, yet you are neither. I'm not going to ask or quiz you on why you were the only other person on the leaderboards besides them. I get the point, you wanted to let people know that your method was fast. I'm not saying people (including me) don't appreciate posts like yours that save time, especially when we have jobs/families etc like you do. What concerns me is someone gets banned for posting something early (Gears of War Judgement) and days later Tomb Raider gets leaked and people are talking about it. Just posting it on release day may have been a better choice. As of now, the only people you could possibly be helping are people downloading the game and a couple here and there that have legit copies.
You had your guide of Dead Space 3 up early. Me and others said keep it up but when someone else does the same don't complain.

As far as GoWJ and TR. I'm not thinking or caring who got banned for Gears. Because I'm legit and when you legit you don't care about people getting banned for something you don't do. Now as far as TR I posted it when I did. Was it before or after a leak? Im not sure or care. Every game gets leaked, so should we not put up guides or tips for fear it may coincide with a leak date?

People in Europe. Get their games on Friday. Yet I know and seen people from the UK state they got there copies yesterday or earlier. That's more than a week.

Now I could list several stores that sell games early but that would get them in trouble.

Also my quote was referring to the multiplayer. So there was other people who had it, they just wasn't playing online.

There are people on here and other sites that know my story. I have posted it here before when someone asked/accused. I'm not going to repeat my case every time someone feels some type of way because I'm playing somet hing early.

Last edited by DOPE BOI; 03-02-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
You had your guide of Dead Space 3 up early. Me and others said keep it up but when someone else does the same don't complain.

As far as GoWJ and TR. I'm not thinking or caring who got banned for Gears. Because I'm legit and when you legit you don't care about people getting banned for something you don't do. Now as far as TR I posted it when I did. Was it before or after a leak? Im not sure or care. Every game gets leaked, so should we not put up guides or tips for fear it may coincide with a leak date?

People in Europe. Get their games on Friday. Yet I know and seen people from the UK state they got there copies yesterday or earlier. That's more than a week.

Now I could list several stores that sell games early but that would get them in trouble.

Also my quote was referring to the multiplayer. So there was other people who had it, they just wasn't playing online.

There are people on here and other sites that know my story. I have posted it here before when someone asked/accused. I'm not going to repeat my case every time someone feels some type of way because I'm playing somet hing early.
Dead Space 3 was early because of the Demo. I was able to add a lot of information based off of it. I did not get help from anyone, was purely based off of that alone. I also did not have achievements unlocked in it (early).

You posted your TR info on like the exact day it leaked I believe. Poor timing I guess to post your stuff.

There have been posts on the Complaints Board. Should I have ignored them?

Think of it this way. I arrive at a car wreck. You tell me it's not your fault. The other person is dead. There is damage to the front of your car and to the other car's driver side. I start asking questions about it and you get all pissed off because you think I don't believe you. You tell me you're a great driver with a perfect record and that you don't need to explain it. You're defensive and automatically assume I think you're the cause of the accident. All I have said was that I was concerned with the way the incident "looks". Maybe he ran a red light when yours was green. Do I believe it? I don't have an opinion at the moment. All I have seen was the wreck. I have not looked at anything else. I happen to be a cop, entrusted by the city to investigate these matters. Don't take it personal, it's just a part of the job.

Comparative real life scenario is finished, sorry. To sum it up: Don't get too defensive yet. I am voicing concern about many people, yours just happens to be an example I used.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #13
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well, he maybe modder who create game disc, buy ill copy from his friend (my ex friend last few years did same he bought ill copy from friend and his friend is modder who make copy disc so I blocked him and he just xbox live friend. I don't like people do like that) or stupid store that have game copies hold but decide give him early either.

He is silly to not follow rule here.

He maybe make new account here but it is time he face to face that not release guide so early and important follow rule here and publishers.

I enjoyed some of his guides. He is naughty little boy hehehehe
Old 03-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
I got defensive because I was quoted. That's a direct reference to me without mentioning my name.

I was playing the game before is got released. I posted the method later.

In order for games to get leaked someones selling early. So if I play it before it gets leaked and then it does I get grouped in. If I get my copy early but after it gets leaked I get grouped in. So I'm supposed to not take advantage of my situation and wait for release day? How bout we all wait until everyone has their copy before we start.

For the people complaining. I don't get it. How does me getting to play a game early ruin it for others? I'm not posting spoilers. Your achievements will still unlock, you can still make guides and or post tips. As I said I rarely post. Nobody would've known if I didn't post a helpful tip. So yeah No good deed goes unpunished.

I'm aware you did the DS3 guide off off the demo but that game was leaked early too. So maybe you should have waited because only pirates and a legit few was finding it helpful at the time.

I assume this whole uproar is about peoples self accolades. They want to be first one done, number 1 on a leaderboard, 1st to post guides/tips and or hints. All things I'm not. Y'all can have them and keep them. I'm not even a completionist. The only reason I kept grinding for 40-50hrs was so I could post valid info for the community. I thought people was appreciating it by all the nice messages but complaints was filed.

I wouldn't have even cared if you kept it at a general message of you think people are playing a pirated copy. You quoted me as a example and even though you left my name off, people knew who you were talking about as I got a message. As a mod, grown man and intelligent person you know you cant go around indirectly accusing someone.

I'm done. I just wanted to defend myself. I wont post anymore tips. Hell I'm not going to post at all.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #15
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Quote:

I'm done. I just wanted to defend myself. I wont post anymore tips. Hell I'm not going to post at all.
Too bad to read this. I think I can speak for the most of the community tho that we appreciate your time and effort with the tips you gave tho. Why would that topic be read thousands of times? I completely understand that you won't be helping out anymore because you get only shit back for it from some no-lifers who can't stand you got the game before them. People need to stop complaining about it and a mod needs to do something about those cry baby's instead of accusing people with things that they can't proof. Instead the community/mods should back up the community helpers!
I suggest that we should take the guide and your tips off the site. Does everyone wants that?

This topic is derailed anyway. Can I complain about that?

(Englisch is not my foreign language in case I have some crybabys complaining about that......)
Old 03-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #16
Mr Magic

mr blackmagik's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I get the whole robin hood thing that your stealing games(most likely) and giving away tips for everyone early, but the fact is your stealing regardless. I called this guy out when he was playing Spec Ops The Line early, and it was the same old shit then. People who want to prove that they are innocent do just that, prove it. Post a pic of your legit copy of the game, a receipt, the store that sold it to you, something. If not then your a modder. I could see a store getting some games early, not ALL. I want to see him play a game early that doesn't get leaked.

All that aside, I never listen to shit people say BEFORE THE GAME IS RELEASED. For all we know the game will get a day 1 patch and change/fix everything you say. I see it way to many times that a bunch of modders are complaining on the forum about glitched achievements before the game is even out.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #17
lethal.b

eG I LETHAL's Gamercard
Why you heft to me mad? Its just a game.

Quite honestly i dont care if someone got a game early. Whether it was though legal or illegal means. That is for MS and the game devs to deal with as they have embargoes on the release of vids before set dates so they can get rid of peoples early vids if they want to. Personally I like having videos and guides early. I always get my games 1-3 days early and its nice to find a guide already on the site instead of having to wait. Nobody on the site should be banned for it as they are just helping out.

If people are mad just because they couldn't make a video or guide before someone else because the other person got the game early then just deal with it. In the UK our release date for games is normally Fridays while in the US its normally Tuesday. So if everyone stuck to release dates the US guide makers will already have all their stuff posted while the UK people don't even have the game. I imagine other regions get their games on other days/dates as well. Life is unfair. deal with it. Even the big companies like roosterteeth get legal copies and make video guides before release then just post them all when the game has released (because of embargo). This one ups the regular joe who cant get the game early.

If its an issue with wanting to 1k the game before anyone else then you probably still wont be the first even if everyone in the world started at the same time as some modder will just cheat.

Also to the guy above its hard to prove that you have a legit copy of a game early. My mate owns a small video game shop and he sells games early to people he knows for a lil bit extra cash but he doesn't give receipts because he would get in trouble. If people post just pics of their game then people say they have just printed covers, discs fronts or manuals off.

Last edited by lethal.b; 03-02-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #18
Mr Magic

mr blackmagik's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
It's as simple as this: If your modding, get the fuck out.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #19
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
I'm sorry to say this but...why are you being so dramatic? Tyger was simply asking and quoting a simple concern and you're acting as though it's the biggest dilemma ever.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #20
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
I wonder why there are so many less people who get review copies for arcade games when companies ship out their codes to the same people...
Old 03-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #21
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I'm sorry to say this but...why are you being so dramatic? Tyger was simply asking and quoting a simple concern and you're acting as though it's the biggest dilemma ever.
You right, Tyger started this and as a mod he should know better. Read the 2nd post. Everyone was warned. Dope Boi did not nothing wrong and if I was him I would as well defend my case to make a point because he was just trying to HELP.

Mr Majic: You seriously got issues, why do you care? You got facts? No? Then YOU should be the one who needs to GTFO!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #22
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
If you don't want people to question the legality of your gameplay, the very least you can do is link your GT to your site profile. Less suspicion would fall on people if they did at least one of the things listed, including linking. To avoid doing all of those things at once is always going to invite suspicion. This site has a strict rule against any members using modded consoles, so the mods have every right to question someone if they seem to meet the criteria (getting games VERY early on a regular basis, not providing proof, not linking their GT to their site profile, etc.).

I am not throwing any accusations at Dope Boi, just making a general clarification for people that don't get Tyger's motives. A few days early is one thing, however, when people are getting the games weeks in advance, people are going to take notice.

All I know, is if it were me, I would be covering my ass so that I wouldn't have to deal with the suspicion/accusations. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to do the same if they were legit. Link your GT, make it public, and keep a copy of your receipt handy.....then you can avoid the drama. Simple.

And just for the record, the person that got banned for posting the Gears: Judgement guide early, basically admitted to piracy in his OP before editing it just before getting banned. He was also unlocking all of his achievements offline and didn't link his GT to his profile as well. He didn't get banned for simply posting a guide early.

Last edited by ColdSpider72; 03-02-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #23
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Chickgun View Post
You right, Tyger started this and as a mod he should know better. Read the 2nd post. Everyone was warned. Dope Boi did not nothing wrong and if I was him I would as well defend my case to make a point because he was just trying to HELP.

Mr Majic: You seriously got issues, why do you care? You got facts? No? Then YOU should be the one who needs to GTFO!
No...My quote was directed at Dope Boy. He's the one being dramatic...not Tyger. Way to completely misinterpret what I said.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #24
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal.b View Post
Also to the guy above its hard to prove that you have a legit copy of a game early. My mate owns a small video game shop and he sells games early to people he knows for a lil bit extra cash but he doesn't give receipts because he would get in trouble. If people post just pics of their game then people say they have just printed covers, discs fronts or manuals off.
This is so far from legal, it is ridiculous.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #25
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
No...My quote was directed at Dope Boy. He's the one being dramatic...not Tyger. Way to completely misinterpret what I said.
Ever heard of sarcasm?

BTW: most of the people posting here really don't get the REAL point. Its about helping out THIS community and the only thing you get back is buckets of shit about a totally DIFFERENT subject. Anyway I rest my case. I guess if this post is not clear enough what I mean then I don't know what to do/think about this community. Only thing what I do know is this: I will NEVER contribute to tips/guides for this site. Because the only thing you get back is negative feedback.... BAH!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #26
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSpider72 View Post
If you don't want people to question the legality of your gameplay, the very least you can do is link your GT to your site profile. Less suspicion would fall on people if they did at least one of the things listed, including linking. To avoid doing all of those things at once is always going to invite suspicion. This site has a strict rule against any members using modded consoles, so the mods have every right to question someone if they seem to meet the criteria (getting games VERY early on a regular basis, not providing proof, not linking their GT to their site profile, etc.).

I am not throwing any accusations at Dope Boi, just making a general clarification for people that don't get Tyger's motives. A few days early is one thing, however, when people are getting the games weeks in advance, people are going to take notice.

All I know, is if it were me, I would be covering my ass so that I wouldn't have to deal with the suspicion/accusations. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to do the same if they were legit. Link your GT, make it public, and keep a copy of your receipt handy.....then you can avoid the drama. Simple.

And just for the record, the person that got banned for posting the Gears: Judgement guide early, basically admitted to piracy in his OP before editing it just before getting banned. He was also unlocking all of his achievements offline and didn't link his GT to his profile as well. He didn't get banned for simply posting a guide early.
I agree with every point in your post. Makes complete sense. I agree that out of common courtesy, gamertag linking should always be available so that people can look through your profile, which will also help avoid banned members making new accounts just to start posting again.

There's honestly no reason why people should be playing the game offline at the moment, if they are able to regularly log onto the site and post. If your copy is legit, the practice wouldn't make sense.

I also think that if and when I ever get an actual promotional copy, I'll be the first to prove to everyone that it's legit. There's a reason Webb will publicly play games weeks early and not have to sweat it. He receives the games in a nice little envelope addressed straight from the developers. There are no illegal practices, and there's nothing to worry about for a reason.

Personally, I'm against posting receipts, they hold personal information on them that many would not be comfortable sharing, but having the manual, case and disc should be pretty straight forward. The review copy markings would also be clearly visible.

Quote:
Ever heard of sarcasm?

BTW: most of the people posting here really don't get the REAL point. Its about helping out THIS community and the only thing you get back is buckets of shit about a totally DIFFERENT subject. Anyway I rest my case. I guess if this post is not clear enough what I mean then I don't know what to do/think about this community. Only thing what I do know is this: I will NEVER contribute to tips/guides for this site. Because the only thing you get back is negative feedback.... BAH!
The site works very hard to make sure they stay on good terms with Microsoft, and follow all rules set by them in the Terms of Use for Xbox 360 owners. It is in their best interest, and in the interest of the site to keep their relationship. One of the necessary precautions is that they don't encourage any type of game piracy, and try their best to keep any talk of it off the forums, and have site policies and rules.

Yes, the goal is to help the community. But we must reach that goal by following the rules.

Last edited by Maka; 03-02-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #27
x_Silxx_x

x Silxx x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
This is so far from legal, it is ridiculous.
It's ridiculous, but it doesn't just happen in small shops. My friend works for GAME and he's allowed to buy games from them as soon as they come in, so long as it's not a big title like COD, Halo, etc.

It's not a surprise really.

-- YouTube --
Main Channel
- Personal Channel
Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #28
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_Silxx_x View Post
It's ridiculous, but it doesn't just happen in small shops. My friend works for GAME and he's allowed to buy games from them as soon as they come in, so long as it's not a big title like COD, Halo, etc.

It's not a surprise really.
Yes, but the bigger stores usually will provide a receipt and not charge EXTRA for the game just so the person selling it can pocket some extra cash.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #29
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Years back, I got called a pirate for playing Fairytale Fights early as the shop I ordered from sent it nearly a week early. I spent 2 minutes snapping a picture of the game, case and disc alongside my gamertag. No effort at all and I had the satisfaction of sticking two fingers up to the accusers. Trust me, it feels good.

People are pissed cause piracy is just totally fucking rife on the 360 right now and it hurts the industry like you wouldn't believe. Also, most people work their tits off to afford the latest games whilst some asscrack just downloads, burns and plays. That makes me feel physically ill.

To be honest, I don't think this thread is the best place to discuss this, but I do think it's healthy to be able to discuss this rising problem, as usually, these threads are closed mega fast.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #30
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Ever heard of sarcasm?
You have an awful way of expressing it, sadly.

I'm with Maka. If you can't contribute by following the rules, then get outta here. You won't be respected and you won't get any thanks.

Closed Thread