PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > DmC: Devil May Cry
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
A COMPLEX CHUG

A COMPLEX CHUG's Gamercard
SSS Ranks on Nephilm Tips?

Hey guys , currently trying to do the Jackpot! achievement (SSS rank every mission on Nephilm). However i'm struggling with it and cant seem to get a SSS rank to save my life; only SS's.
I'm switching weapons as much as i can.

I was hoping someone could give me tips.
Cheers.
A COMPLEX CHUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
STARINFLAMES21

STARINFLAMES21's Gamercard
Demon Dodge then use Trinity Smash level 2. I got SSS on everything under 3:30 hours just doing that.

STARINFLAMES21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARINFLAMES21 View Post
Demon Dodge then use Trinity Smash level 2. I got SSS on everything under 3:30 hours just doing that.
if you get an SSS rank in combat early on can you then just leg it through the rest of a level without trying to get anymore SSS ranks?
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
No you need a certain amount of points. However like he said Demon dodge and trinity smash is very good. Gets you a instant SSS. I start hitting them with Aquila then wait a dodge then Trinity smash ( RT+Y Y Pause Y) Goes up too SSS very easy.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
TEAJUNKIES

TEAJUNKIES's Gamercard
I'm struggling with this too. Can't seem to get demon dodge nailed yet. Love the game tho so going to keep at it :-)
TEAJUNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
No you need a certain amount of points. However like he said Demon dodge and trinity smash is very good. Gets you a instant SSS. I start hitting them with Aquila then wait a dodge then Trinity smash ( RT+Y Y Pause Y) Goes up too SSS very easy.
ah i see, is there a list anywhere of points needed for each level?

i wish it was possible to just do the style points in a level first then go back and go for the time, it would make it easier for me.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #7
Harry94

pear of justice's Gamercard
I managed to SSS everything without demon evade, too random for me that move. I used buy in with Aquila, then threw the blades at them. As they are all grouped, I just used trinity smash on the group and got instant SSS

Harry94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:34 AM   #8
A COMPLEX CHUG

Thanks so much for all your tips, everyone. i appreciate it. I am currently using the Demon Evade and Trinity Smash its working really well. So far done 12 missions

Another question: im aware that if you use health stars or whatever they are called, you get a deduction in your score and rank but what if you use Demon Trigger Stars; curious

Cheers
Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #9
AzTIcA

Xx AzTIcA xX's Gamercard
I believe those will also deduct from your score. I'm not 100% sure as I've never used any items so far, but I'm just going by the fact that it says "Items Used" at the end of a mission, and it technically is an item

Also, just like to share my combo that I used to get SSS in almost every battle on Nephilim difficulty (excluding bosses of course):

Double Jump > RT+X > (Rebellion) Y,Y...Y > LT+X > (Aquila) LT+Y,Y...Y > LT+Y > (Revenant) X > RT+X > (Eryx) RT+Y > RT+B (fully charged)

Pretty much guaranteed an SSS against crowds of weaker monsters thanks to being invincible in the air and Dante's defiance of gravity. Upgrading Eryx's two attacks (RT+Y and RT+B in the air) help deal out massive damage as well
AzTIcA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A COMPLEX CHUG View Post
Thanks so much for all your tips, everyone. i appreciate it. I am currently using the Demon Evade and Trinity Smash its working really well. So far done 12 missions

Another question: im aware that if you use health stars or whatever they are called, you get a deduction in your score and rank but what if you use Demon Trigger Stars; curious

Cheers
-10k per item which really isn't alot, if you have trouble with a certain fight it would be better to use a devil star and rack up the points and get -10k at the end, than to slog your way through earning fewer points because you get hit multiple times.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
A COMPLEX CHUG

Just got all missions on SSS rank. I did use the devil trigger quite a few times and it doesnt affect the score alot as people above me said. I literally beat Virgil on my first try, mostly used Eryx charged and alot of dodges. Just a tip if anyone is struggling with him.

Cheers
Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
just done the 12th mission, i have gained 7 SSS ranks, the others i got SS.

weird though how you can get SSS on style and SS on time and still get SSS rank at the end but if you get SS on style and SSS on time you only get SS rank, this is with collectables at SSS already.

strange how that works.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #13
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
just done the 12th mission, i have gained 7 SSS ranks, the others i got SS.

weird though how you can get SSS on style and SS on time and still get SSS rank at the end but if you get SS on style and SSS on time you only get SS rank, this is with collectables at SSS already.

strange how that works.
Thats because you only need a certain amount of style points to get different ranks in style but it may not be enough to get you the overall SSS rank.

For example you may only need 100k style points for a SSS in style but you could get double that amount giving you the overall SSS rank.

Yet in the mission you got an SS in style it could be 70k to get SS and 100k for SSS. So if you got say 73k style points you only just got enough for a SS but not enough to get the overall SSS rank.

Apologies if that doesn't make sense its late and I'm tired.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #14
Deadly Krueger

Deadly Krueger's Gamercard
I've got a question, I'm playing the game on Human beating it, then going back for collectables, do all your stats carry over for different game difficulties? Will everything I've done on Human carry over to Heaven and Hell difficulty?

It sounds like it will but I'm just confused on the whole thing. And yes I played the previous ones, just never any past 1 playthrough
Deadly Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 AM   #15
Assapopulas

Assapopulas's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Krueger View Post
I've got a question, I'm playing the game on Human beating it, then going back for collectables, do all your stats carry over for different game difficulties? Will everything I've done on Human carry over to Heaven and Hell difficulty?

It sounds like it will but I'm just confused on the whole thing. And yes I played the previous ones, just never any past 1 playthrough
Yes all of your items/stats/weapons/abilities carry over into other playthroughs. It has always been this way in DMC games.
Assapopulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 AM   #16
Deadly Krueger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assapopulas View Post
Yes all of your items/stats/weapons/abilities carry over into other playthroughs. It has always been this way in DMC games.
forgot, orbs too? lol
Old 01-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #17
Assapopulas

Assapopulas's Gamercard
Quote:
forgot, orbs too? lol
Yes lol you keep literally everything.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 AM   #18
Deadly Krueger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assapopulas View Post
Yes lol you keep literally everything.
now I'm just gonna be a smartass. How about the costumes/weapon skins? lol
Old 01-23-2013, 04:05 AM   #19
Assapopulas

Assapopulas's Gamercard
Quote:
now I'm just gonna be a smartass. How about the costumes/weapon skins? lol
Motherfucker I said "everything" lol
Old 01-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #20
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Thats because you only need a certain amount of style points to get different ranks in style but it may not be enough to get you the overall SSS rank.

For example you may only need 100k style points for a SSS in style but you could get double that amount giving you the overall SSS rank.

Yet in the mission you got an SS in style it could be 70k to get SS and 100k for SSS. So if you got say 73k style points you only just got enough for a SS but not enough to get the overall SSS rank.

Apologies if that doesn't make sense its late and I'm tired.
do you know of a list anywhere of the missions that have the style points and times needed for the SSS ranks?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #21
eykster

eykster's Gamercard
You always downgrade your weapons so you can have more hitpoints (longer combo's).
eykster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:50 AM   #22
Topherion

Topherion's Gamercard
You could always take a look at the leaderboards to get a general idea. You usually have to scroll down a few hundred positions to find the lower end of the SSS range.
Topherion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #23
Deadly Krueger

Demon evade and then use the trinity smash, worked perfect for me, just evaded everything incoming and used the rebellion to finish them off.

The only level I had a problem with was level 3.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #24
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topherion View Post
You could always take a look at the leaderboards to get a general idea. You usually have to scroll down a few hundred positions to find the lower end of the SSS range.
i tried that but some people got a huge score but not much on collectables so it was hard to really find a decent low score with collectables done at 100%
Old 01-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #25
1mpr3gn4t0r

Hi - would it be easier to get higher scores (for SSS rank) if I get Super Dante first? At the moment, I've got SSS rank on the first 16 missions, currently working on the 17th (Furnace?). I read that you can unlock Super Dante with infinite Devil Trigger - may be it will be quicker if I unlock Super Dante first, and then go back to doing the SSS ranks?
1mpr3gn4t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #26
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mpr3gn4t0r View Post
Hi - would it be easier to get higher scores (for SSS rank) if I get Super Dante first? At the moment, I've got SSS rank on the first 16 missions, currently working on the 17th (Furnace?). I read that you can unlock Super Dante with infinite Devil Trigger - may be it will be quicker if I unlock Super Dante first, and then go back to doing the SSS ranks?
Using Super Dante results in a severe score penalty iirc, so don't bother.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:53 AM   #27
CyberEvil

CyberEvil's Gamercard
You have to score some insane points on a level to hit SSS at the end with Super Dante. I purposely went for huge points with Super Dante and the best I hit was SS. That was on Hell and Hell, mind, but yeah.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #28
1mpr3gn4t0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
Using Super Dante results in a severe score penalty iirc, so don't bother.
Cheers for the answer. I powered through and got SSS on all Nephlim missions now. The only one I struggled on was mission 17.
1mpr3gn4t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #29
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
i have hit a wall in getting SSS on nephilim so im having a break, mundas spawn was the one which made me decide to have a break and i still haven't got SSS on him after 5 tries now.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #30
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
For mundus Spawn, I did this (note that all mentioned moves might need to be fully upgraded):

1: Grab his weak point, Rebellion YYY, Arbiter Y, back off, repeat until eye opens.
2: Hit his eye with fully charged Overdrives until he closes it or falls. Repeat if necessary.
3: When Lilith comes out, activate Devil trigger, Arbiter YY, Trinity Smash x2, Rebellion YYYY.
4: Repeat 1-3.

His moves are hard to demon evade, except for the disco balls he sometimes throw. If he does, dodge it for the damage bonus, hit his weak point with above mentioned string and his eye will instantly open, then you can easily get Lilith to come out.

Btw, I just beat Mundus Spawn on DMD, and I got an SS in style, but still got SSS on the mission. Weird.

Last edited by Doopliss SWE; 01-25-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote