Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-22-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Thoughts On New Forge-Test Playlist?

I'll begin.

I played one match tonight (couldn't continue after almost two hours of SpOps and my TERRIBLE LAG!) and it was a rendition of Lockout on Ravine. It wasn't 100% accurate, but it was a lot of fun playing on it.

Why?

Because it was a small map. It was fast-paced and had good areas for DMR/Magnum battles. None of this medium-to-large-scaled map shizz that 343 gave us on disc.

When I heard Majestic will have 2 small-scaled maps, I couldn't contain my joy.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the new playlist this week?

EDIT: Here's a nice picture of Shutout.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~

Last edited by BiggD; 01-22-2013 at 09:11 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I went 42-10 on the Lockout remake in Team SWAT, including a 24 kill streak. Holy shit. Amazing.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #3
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCX360 View Post
I went 42-10 on the Lockout remake in Team SWAT, including a 24 kill streak. Holy shit. Amazing.
It was a fun map, right? One off from an Untouchable - good shit man

Let's hope some of these maps get finalized for a permanent future playlist of this sort.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #4
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I Draxus I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I love these new maps, especially the lockout remake. It felt so right...

Completed Retail: 41
Completed Arcade: 25
Most Proud Completion: Perfect Dark Zero

3rd Place in the Halo 4 Spartan Ops Infinity Challenge
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #5
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I like the map called Scythe. I like how it has preplaced weapons that spawn on a timer.

Played SWAT on the Lockout remake. SWAT sucks so I didn't really get to try it out much.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:38 AM   #6
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiLeNt Sc0pE 16 View Post
I love these new maps, especially the lockout remake. It felt so right...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
I like the map called Scythe. I like how it has preplaced weapons that spawn on a timer.

Played SWAT on the Lockout remake. SWAT sucks so I didn't really get to try it out much.
Seems the Lockout remake is pretty popular. I'll have to continue going back to the playlist a bit this week to check out Scythe and others. Gheuh, SWAT sucks with Instant Respawn, so I feel you.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #7
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
The lockout remake ( I think its called shutout?) is f'ing amazing! the two night/space maps ( scythe and relay ) are really fun, had some good/intense battles, but I feel like there should be lower gravity on those two maps b/c you really do get the feel that you are in space.
The one map that starts with a G ( think its called Garrotte ) is by far my favorite map in Halo 4. I honestly have not had as much fun, and such great/epic/long lasting battle's on any other map than this one. The jagged feel to the map allows for some very fun/complex battles ( got some good grenade wall bounce kills).

I love these maps cause I feel that there is always fighting going on around you. No looking for the enemy or running around the map trying to find a battle. Once you spawn you better be ready to start battling. Also I noticed an improvement on weapon re-spawns, and the duration that fallen spartan weapons stay on the ground before a reset. Also, the new tribal halogram thingy that is on the ground when your ordinance drops is pretty sweet!

The only gripe I have about the maps is that they are all essentially the same. They are all symmetrically alike, but yet they each have their unique characteristic. All in all I hope 343I integrates these maps into a permanent rotation and that they continue to expand and redeem themselves from the launch of halo 4.
oozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #8
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
-Relay is good for Swat and Slayer. It's about time we get to play it in Matchamaking considering how well-built it was for a matchmaking map. It pretty much plays exactly like Zealot did in Reach, which was one of the few default maps that I actually enjoyed from that game. My strategies carry over almost flawlessly.

-Shutout is a pretty good remake. Not as good as Lockout, but better than Blackout IMO.

-Scythe is a ruddy piece of crap. Too many paths and different approach points. It's like playing Call of Duty. Whoever see the other person first is almost guaranteed to win because it's impossible to effectively cover even half the points. There's no way to tell where the hell the enemy might come from. Too much of a clusterfuck to be enjoyable.

With that said, bring on the Grifball!

Haven't played any of the others yet. Don't know if Settler and Ascent are included, but I did see another one with a G in the title, so I know there's more to play. Hopefully they pop up in my vote options soon.

So far, though, I like it.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #9
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
-Relay is good for Swat and Slayer...Shutout is a pretty good remake. Not as good as Lockout, but better than Blackout IMO...Scythe is a ruddy piece of crap.

With that said, bring on the Grifball!

So far, though, I like it.
You didn't like Blackout too much? I thought it was an awesome remake.

As much as I wanna play some Grifball, I'm excited for Team Doubles soon. It'll be a nice change of pace.

Seems like there's 4-5 maps total in this Playlist though, hopefully I get a chance to test the rest out this week.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #10
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
I have to say this playlist gives the game a breathe of fresh air, even though I had problems with the frame rate dropping, which made getting headshots a pain in the ass. I feel that the Spartan Ops downloads were partly to blame for that.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #11
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I wasn't particularly fond of it because of the way Halo 3's multiplayer was built. Never been able to put my finger on it, but something about it just wasn't the same as Halo 2 and the remade map made that lacking apparent to me. (Of course, knowing me it's probably just the glitches and manipulations I used to use on Lockout. So many cheap tricks that are no longer available in Blackout or Shutout. lol)
Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #12
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I wasn't particularly fond of it because of the way Halo 3's multiplayer was built. Never been able to put my finger on it, but something about it just wasn't the same as Halo 2 and the remade map made that lacking apparent to me. (Of course, knowing me it's probably just the glitches and manipulations I used to use on Lockout. So many cheap tricks that are no longer available in Blackout or Shutout. lol)
Can't argue with that reasoning

Old 01-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #13
o jcob jones o

o jcob jones o's Gamercard
I love the lockout remake, dont really like simplex

o jcob jones o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:08 AM   #14
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by o jcob jones o View Post
I love the lockout remake, dont really like simplex
Really? I played a couple CTF matches on Simplex today and enjoyed it. Small maps FTW.

Scythe was so fucking bad.

Didn't play on the "G" map yet.

Relay is a great map.

And I think it was Despair - that one was kinda confusing, but not too bad.

I want to see a remake of Ghost Town & Gaurdian from Halo 3. They'd look really good in Halo 4.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 AM   #15
Fireball6554

Send a message via MSN to Fireball6554

LeBrony James's Gamercard
This playlist would be awesome if there was no loadouts/AAs. It felt so nostalgic walking around Lockout again playing SWAT with my BR until I got killed across map by a DMR...

I want a classic slayer playlist with community/remade maps.

Fireball6554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:09 AM   #16
Drewdude1023

Drewdude1023's Gamercard
Better than the actual maps that came with the game and the DLC maps.
Drewdude1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:37 AM   #17
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball6554 View Post
This playlist would be awesome if there was no loadouts/AAs. It felt so nostalgic walking around Lockout again playing SWAT with my BR until I got killed across map by a DMR...

I want a classic slayer playlist with community/remade maps.
I'm sure 343 with make a community-map playlist once all the DLC is out. Let's hope, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdude1023 View Post
Better than the actual maps that came with the game and the DLC maps.
Anything beats the maps that are on disc. Out of the 10, the only good ones are Longbow (which they don't even have CTF for ) and Solace.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #18
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
Played one game on one of the maps, it was appalling!

There were teleporters which, when used, would take you almost always into enemy spawns, meaning you were 4 on 1 with a split second to even attempt to try and kill them.

Joined in progress, so not sure the name of the map, was pretty crap though.

Edit: Why is there a remake of lockout, again? Sure it's not a bad map, but come on, that slot could've been better served for something new :/

343, desperately trying to win back fans

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3

Last edited by wo ai ni xx; 01-23-2013 at 10:25 AM.
wo ai ni xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #19
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I think if they were trying to win back fans, they would create a Team Slayer and BTB Forge Playlist with exclusively maps from H1, H2, and H3. I've seen the topics and I've seen the videos. Most of the maps from the previous games have already been recreated with painstakingly accurate attention to detail and it would be a simple matter of adding them to their own list.

And to be honest, I kind of wish they would do just that. 3 lists. Classic Team Slayer for smaller maps, classic BTB for larger maps, and Classic Objective types for all of the in-between. Coupled with the Objective playlist we need to see a return of Assault and One-Flag CTF (Am I the only one who misses one-flag?) I would also like to see the Default Invasion gametype added to BTB (No need for Invasion Slayer though.)

Than again, I might as well just ask for an official release of the Halo Chess Gametype that was teased with Halo: Reach. It did exist in Custom Games with an honor system, but I would like the option to be there for an actual gametype. Even if it didn't have a playlist, I would love to play this with actual rules in place.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #20
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx

diamondxinferno's Gamercard
Love the maps, thats all this game needs is more maps and removing AAs. Then the game is perfect
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #21
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
Quote:
I think if they were trying to win back fans, they would create a Team Slayer and BTB Forge Playlist with exclusively maps from H1, H2, and H3. I've seen the topics and I've seen the videos. Most of the maps from the previous games have already been recreated with painstakingly accurate attention to detail and it would be a simple matter of adding them to their own list.

And to be honest, I kind of wish they would do just that. 3 lists. Classic Team Slayer for smaller maps, classic BTB for larger maps, and Classic Objective types for all of the in-between. Coupled with the Objective playlist we need to see a return of Assault and One-Flag CTF (Am I the only one who misses one-flag?) I would also like to see the Default Invasion gametype added to BTB (No need for Invasion Slayer though.)
I'd love these as much as the next person, but for now, id rather see what amazing things can be made from the new forge maps

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3

wo ai ni xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #22
Rogue Echo

Rogue Echo's Gamercard
Garrotte - Favorite of the bunch. Reminds me of playing Midship or Warlock.
Shutout - One of my favorite Halo maps ever... excellent remake.
Despair - Great map. Great forger. All of his maps are top notch.
Scythe - Horrible. Didn't enjoy anything about it.
Simplex - Haven't played yet...
Relay - Not my favorite. Feels like forge blocks thrown together in 10 minutes.

Overall, I am extremely happy with this playlist and excited to test future iterations. And, I too miss One Flag...
Rogue Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #23
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I think if they were trying to win back fans, they would create a Team Slayer and BTB Forge Playlist with exclusively maps from H1, H2, and H3.

Classic Team Slayer for smaller maps, classic BTB for larger maps, and Classic Objective types for all of the in-between. Coupled with the Objective playlist we need to see a return of Assault and One-Flag CTF (Am I the only one who misses one-flag?)
Ditto. One-Flag must return. And they need to put CTF on the larger maps. Vortex and Longbow would support any variant of CTF very well.

Invasion was alright...only liked it on the DLC map, Breakpoint. On Spire and the other maps (Boneyard?), it wasn't that fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Echo View Post
Despair - Great map. Great forger. All of his maps are top notch.
Scythe - Horrible. Didn't enjoy anything about it.
Scythe is so bad. Still need to play of Garrote though. I'm eager for them to create a solid Community Map playlist with good maps in the future.

Last edited by BiggD; 01-24-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:08 AM   #24
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Man, I feel like I'm missing out all of a sudden. The second half of Spartan Ops is getting churned out, and all these forged maps like Shutout are available in War Games...I gotta become a gold member soon. Waiting on that payday!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:42 AM   #25
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
Does anyone agree that with the next map pack, or a the next big update, that 343i should implement an actual forge world like in reach, so that way forgers aren't limited to the confines and boundaries of these enclosed maps?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #26
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Disagree. I feel that Forge World was one of the things that hurt Halo: Reach the most. It was cool having a large place to Forge maps of any size, but the issue was that half the maps in Matchmaking utilized Forge World and people got sick of the same bland backdrop and drop items game after game after game. Especially since nobody ever wanted to play anything outside of Pinnacle or The fucking Cage.

As it stands, the three worlds we have are smaller than Forge World, but have more room for building than an average map. I would be welcome with the return of a map like Sandbox, but ultimately Forge world is not needed. All of the different Forge maps combined give us more than enough variety of places to build in and a ton more diversity in aesthetic.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #27
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Disagree. I feel that Forge World was one of the things that hurt Halo: Reach the most. It was cool having a large place to Forge maps of any size, but the issue was that half the maps in Matchmaking utilized Forge World and people got sick of the same bland backdrop.
Agreed with bolded statement. Although, I'd rather see Foundry return in favor of Sandbox, but that's just me.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #28
Rogue Echo

Rogue Echo's Gamercard
I don't necessarily think we need another Forge World, we simply need more forgeable space. The best part about FW was the large amount and variety of "flat space" to work with in addition to natural geometry that could be manipulated into a map. The new palettes lack any open terrain and have too many premade structures clogging any potential map.
Rogue Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #29
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
Yea, I guess its the Battlefield player coming out in me when I want a new forge world. I love the feeling of having open spaces and a natural battleground versus the enclosed maps like we get now, but I do see what you guys are getting at.

It is nice playing on different maps with different backgrounds and natural environmental settings. However though, with someone like me who does enjoy the big team battles, does anyone think this game will surfer in the custom forge maps for this game type?

It seems like the consensus is though that there should be a sandbox map where forgers creations are not necessarily limited, but are not limitless
Old 01-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #30
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

For the most part, I enjoy the test playlist and maps.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote