PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #31
o jcob jones o
 
o jcob jones o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25

o jcob jones o's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post

I want to see a remake of Ghost Town & Gaurdian from Halo 3. They'd look really good in Halo 4.
Gaurdian remake would be awesome maybe even that rats nest( I think its called, from halo3) would be fun too!
__________________


o jcob jones o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #32
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,050

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by o jcob jones o View Post
Gaurdian remake would be awesome maybe even that rats nest( I think its called, from halo3) would be fun too!
Rat's Nest was kinda fun, especially driving laps in a Warthog with your buddy, but there's definitely better choices out there for remakes from Halo 3.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #33
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,335

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Rat's Nest was kinda fun, especially driving laps in a Warthog with your buddy, but there's definitely better choices out there for remakes from Halo 3.
They should just remake every map from every Halo game into the next installment so we can all be happy and then be upset that they messed it up somehow even though they didn't it's just that nostalgia is a cruel mistress who you hit it off with really well at a bar and you really like her personality which is strange because you never thought you'd find anyone you clicked with so well again and you both like the same music and both love sarcastic jokes and you hook up and then when you text her the next day she acts like you never met before and then you drink yourself to sleep because Halo 4 sucks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #34
Fechdog
 
Fechdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 442

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
They should just remake every map from every Halo game into the next installment so we can all be happy and then be upset that they messed it up somehow even though they didn't it's just that nostalgia is a cruel mistress who you hit it off with really well at a bar and you really like her personality which is strange because you never thought you'd find anyone you clicked with so well again and you both like the same music and both love sarcastic jokes and you hook up and then when you text her the next day she acts like you never met before and then you drink yourself to sleep because Halo 4 sucks.
Sounds like an everyday occurrence. Seriously, just remake every map into the next installment. It would be an incentive to buy it.
__________________
Fechdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #35
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,050

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
They should just remake every map from every Halo game into the next installment so we can all be happy and then be upset that they messed it up somehow even though they didn't it's just that nostalgia is a cruel mistress who you hit it off with really well at a bar and you really like her personality which is strange because you never thought you'd find anyone you clicked with so well again and you both like the same music and both love sarcastic jokes and you hook up and then when you text her the next day she acts like you never met before and then you drink yourself to sleep because Halo 4 sucks.
LOL! Leave it to you to come up with a great analogy man.

But com'n now, you too Fechdoggy, if the community were serious about remaking every map, and say...hypothetically 343i did do this, then people would still find room to complain that 343 has no originality for remaking every map, lol.

I'll be the first to admit though, I think everyone is just suffering from nostalgia.

Serious question though directed towards you Gheuh: Are you genuinely bored with Halo 4 like the rest of us?
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #36
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,335

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
LOL! Leave it to you to come up with a great analogy man.
It hurt me a little to type that.

Quote:
Serious question though directed towards you Gheuh: Are you genuinely bored with Halo 4 like the rest of us?
Including this past Monday with new Spartan Ops, I have maybe played the game twice in the past 2 weeks. After I hit 130 I kinda lost any incentive to play the game. The main reason I play it is because it's the only game my friends all own. I can see maybe playing it again and just grinding out enemies in Spartan Ops just because I need to pass time at work and have nothing else to do.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #37
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,050

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
It hurt me a little to type that.
Feel better, bro <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Including this past Monday with new Spartan Ops, I have maybe played the game twice in the past 2 weeks. After I hit 130 I kinda lost any incentive to play the game. The main reason I play it is because it's the only game my friends all own. I can see maybe playing it again and just grinding out enemies in Spartan Ops just because I need to pass time at work and have nothing else to do.
I feel you. I played Spartan Ops for an hour on Monday with a friend of mine, and didn't bother finishing the last chapter because of the lag and also due to the levels feeling so...random. Haven't bothered playing since then.

I've barely reached SR-85 (Yes I'm aware I'm a very low rank) and I have no care to continue ranking up. I'd honestly just rather work on all these games that have been sitting on my shelf for the past couple months.

The only thing that will keep my going back is Spartan Ops on Monday nights and Majestic/Castle DLC achievements.

It's a sad truth how us gamers get bored of games so easily.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #38
Fechdog
 
Fechdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 442

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
But com'n now, you too Fechdoggy, if the community were serious about remaking every map, and say...hypothetically 343i did do this, then people would still find room to complain that 343 has no originality for remaking every map, lol.
At this point, I don't even care about originality in maps. We all see how horrible that turned out to be. Besides, there will always be someone to complain even if you brought the exact gameplay from the original Halo into this game or future installments.

As of this game, Lockout has been in 3 official playlists for multiplayer. Playing on that map just never gets old because it was that good in the xbox days and still regarded as one of the best maps of all time. I will say though that abilities kind of ruined the play of this map. So sue me if I want maps that I enjoyed on a game that give a lackluster choice of maps to choose from. I seriously only enjoy like 3 maps out of the original Halo 4 maps compared to all but 1 of the Forge Playlist maps.
__________________
Fechdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #39
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,335

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Feel better, bro <3
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)



Quote:
I feel you. I played Spartan Ops for an hour on Monday with a friend of mine, and didn't bother finishing the last chapter because of the lag and also due to the levels feeling so...random. Haven't bothered playing since then.
It all just feels like bad Firefight to be honest. The cutscenes preceding each chapter are really amazing, but there's such a huge disconnect between them and the gameplay itself that they may as well be two separate entities.


Quote:
It's a sad truth how us gamers get bored of games so easily.
At least with Halo, I think it's more of a "It's not me, it's you" problem.

I spent hours just dicking around in Forge in Halo 3 and Reach, yet Forge in Halo 4 just bores me. I spent an insane amount of time playing Firefight in Reach, but Spartan Ops somehow manages to be more repetitive than Firefight. For all it's faults, I spent years playing multiplayer in Reach, but Halo 4 lost it's luster only two months after release.

I'm just not that into you, Halo 4.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #40
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,050

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
At this point, I don't even care about originality in maps. We all see how horrible that turned out to be. Besides, there will always be someone to complain even if you brought the exact gameplay from the original Halo into this game or future installments.

As of this game, Lockout has been in 3 official playlists for multiplayer. Playing on that map just never gets old because it was that good in the xbox days and still regarded as one of the best maps of all time. I will say though that abilities kind of ruined the play of this map. So sue me if I want maps that I enjoyed on a game that give a lackluster choice of maps to choose from. I seriously only enjoy like 3 maps out of the original Halo 4 maps compared to all but 1 of the Forge Playlist maps.
Well, with maps like Ragnarok, Complex, and Abandon...I can't argue with you when you say that 343 doesn't do their best on original maps.

No need to explain yourself on Lockout, I feel the same way. It's a mix between nostalgia and the fact that the older maps were actually good. 3 maps? You're too generous. I really only like Longbow anymore and I barely even play on it, let alone play Halo anymore, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Well, so long as your heart is in one piece and you're content with having a good Halo-anology, then I'm happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
It all just feels like bad Firefight to be honest. The cutscenes preceding each chapter are really amazing, but there's such a huge disconnect between them and the gameplay itself that they may as well be two separate entities.
Yupp, agreed. The Intro cuntscenes and dialogue within the missions is great stuff...but that's the highlight of Spartan Ops, to be honest. Maybe they'll get they're shit together if they make a Season 2? LOL! Yeah right, not even I can be that optimistic anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
At least with Halo, I think it's more of a "It's not me, it's you" problem.

I spent hours just dicking around in Forge in Halo 3 and Reach, yet Forge in Halo 4 just bores me. I spent an insane amount of time playing Firefight in Reach, but Spartan Ops somehow manages to be more repetitive than Firefight. For all it's faults, I spent years playing multiplayer in Reach, but Halo 4 lost it's luster only two months after release.
I haven't even bothered with Halo 4's Forge after hearing so much negativity around it. Oh well. Spartan Ops is like a one-time thing for me. Even boosting Spartan Ops Commendations isn't as fun as grinding them out in Reach's Campaign/Firefight.

Looks like we'll have to set our sights on newer games. Crysis 3 and GTA V, FTW.

Sorry Halo 4, no matter how much you dress up and try to impress us, you're boring as fuck.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:18 AM   #41
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not that my opinion matters much in this conversation, but I've definitely found myself getting bored with Halo. I still love the universe and I still want to immerse myself in all of it's lore, but the games themselves have become stale. Most games are becoming stale actually. A lot of Point A to Point B while killing hundreds of nameless soldier fodder. It gets tiresome.

Even David Cage was talking about this the other day, stating that genres like shooters are going to be the death of the industry. Anybody that's played his games (Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain) knows that this man is a genius at making elements in a game out of something that you wouldn't have thought possible. Heavy Rain (proudly displayed in my signature) is hands down one of the most innovative games of this generation and I'm looking forward to his upcoming title, Beyond: Two Souls, more than any other game on the way at the moment.

I'm not going to get into my argument of Single Player Vs. Multiplayer gaming right now, but games in general seem to be getting boring and something needs to be done to freshen up the industry and challenge us and give us incentive to keep working (and not by grinding. There is nothing I hate more in a videogame than being forced to grind shit like Commendations or Achievement kills.)

I feel as though games like The Walking Dead and Mass Effect were going in the right direction. Both featured Decisions that altered the experience between players, even if only slightly, and TWD added to that by making the game Episodic. It gave people enough to enjoy and discuss for two months while they worked to put out the next one. Now imagine if Mass Effect 3 had been released like TWD, receiving one conflict with 3 or 4 missions every couple of months instead of having the whole thing available at once and allowing people to rush through it in 2 days and be tired of it.

Same thing with Halo 4, what if instead of giving us the full Campaign, they had given us the first 2 levels, than started pumping out a level or 2 every month of so. Even with just 8 levels, at 2 levels a month it would have kept us occupied February. On top of that having more time to complete the levels would've made them stronger, perhaps lengthened them, or even allowed them to extend or stretch out the storyline into more subplots to explore different elements of the universe.

Spartan Ops has attempted this, but it still suffers from the fact that it's just a glorified Firefight imitation. Even than, I notice a lot of people who left the game came back just to play S-Ops, than left again after completing it a time or two. It's already extended the life of the game.

Just some thoughts I've had. Really no merit or purpose to it. Just been doting on the future of the industry lately...
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #42
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,050

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Not that my opinion matters much in this conversation, but I've definitely found myself getting bored with Halo. I still love the universe and I still want to immerse myself in all of it's lore, but the games themselves have become stale. Most games are becoming stale actually. A lot of Point A to Point B while killing hundreds of nameless soldier fodder. It gets tiresome.

I'm looking forward to his upcoming title, Beyond: Two Souls, more than any other game on the way at the moment.

I'm not going to get into my argument of Single Player Vs. Multiplayer gaming right now, but games in general seem to be getting boring and something needs to be done to freshen up the industry and challenge us and give us incentive to keep working.

Just some thoughts I've had. Really no merit or purpose to it. Just been doting on the future of the industry lately...
I agree with what I've quoted here. TOO MANY SHOOTERS in the industry. Not enough RPG's and Open-World games. Next-gen better see more of these two said genres because quite frankly, I'm bored of Shooters too. Crysis 3 might very well be the last FPS I get for a long time. Maybe even until Halo 5? Who knows...

Spartan Ops is getting stale for me, due to the fact that the missions have almost NOTHING to do with the amazing Intro Cinematics.

Episodic Halo 4 Campaign? Not many would be a fan of that, me included. I think the Campaign was fine the way it was.

As far as challenges and actual 'achieve'ments in video games, take a look at Rockstar - they know how to incorporate both these factors into their games and achievement lists. That's why I love 'em.

Like you mentioned, I'll always love Halo and it's lore, but the games (Multiplayer-wise) are getting dull.

As I've said before, next-gen better see some good RPG's & Open-World games. Watch Dogs, Fallout 4, Elder Scrolls Online (PC), Whore of Orient (I suggest any of you to look it up), Elder Scroll VI, and Rainbow 6 Patriots are my most anticipated titles.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #43
Fechdog
 
Fechdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 442

Fechdog's Gamercard
I just read some tragic news:
Quote:
The Community Forge Test playlist will also be around next week, so don’t worry if you haven’t had a chance to hop in just yet. The playlist will be available until the release of Team Doubles on February 4th.
I will have to say that I will be missing this playlist a lot, but hopefully Grifball makes it into a permanent playlist like SWAT pretty much has.
__________________
Fechdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #44
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,050

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
I just read some tragic news:


I will have to say that I will be missing this playlist a lot, but hopefully Grifball makes it into a permanent playlist like SWAT pretty much has.
The fuck? Was this on Waypoint? As overrated Grifball is, I still wanted to play some games of it.

Whatever. Team Doubles will keep me busy for like...one day and then Majestic DLC will keep me busy for like...2 days.

Oh, Halo. How you've changed.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #45
Fechdog
 
Fechdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 442

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
The fuck? Was this on Waypoint?

Oh, Halo. How you've changed.
It was the latest bulletin. 343 plans on making Grifball and Team Doubles a permanent playlist, adding extraction someday, and adding a playlist with more than one game mode. Even though I never got the opportunities to play Halo 2 or Halo 3 online very often, I will say I heartily agree that Halo just isn't Halo anymore. It seems like this game was sold just because Master Chief was back.
__________________
Fechdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #46
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,050

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
It was the latest bulletin. 343 plans on making Grifball and Team Doubles a permanent playlist, adding extraction someday, and adding a playlist with more than one game mode. Even though I never got the opportunities to play Halo 2 or Halo 3 online very often, I will say I heartily agree that Halo just isn't Halo anymore. It seems like this game was sold just because Master Chief was back.
Well if they plan to make Grifball and Doubles permanent, that's good of them.

The way I see it, Halo 4 sold well for 3 obvious reasons.

1. Gamers were getting sick of an annual Call of Duty release. They wanted a new FPS to keep them busy and turned their attention and anticipation towards Halo 4.

2. Halo fans thought Halo 4 would be just like Halo 3's competitive Multiplayer experience (boy, were they wrong).

3. For those who have a heavy focus on Campaign (such as Dark and myself), they wanted to continue the story of the Master Chief and see how 343 could handle the story-telling.

I understand Halo has changed, and I accept that change. It's no sweat off my back. I don't regret buying Halo 4, that's for sure. There are plenty other games on the market to play, I feel like some people forget that...

343 tried to make changes here and there, and both old Halo fans and new Halo fans are just not pleased with such changes.

It's funny though...change something - people complain. Keep it the same - people complain.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 01-26-2013 at 12:47 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #47
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,335

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
The way I see it, Halo 4 sold well for 3 obvious reasons.
The other reason it sold well is that it's Microsoft's flagship title and they have a pretty amazing advertising team. Halo ads have always been amazing and can draw in people who don't play video games. The Deliver Hope ad campaign for Reach is a good example of this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #48
Razor Buddha
 
Razor Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 136

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
Another beta test in my 60 dollar beta test game.
__________________
GT: Dank Dunks
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 AM   #49
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've never understood why people want it to be like Halo 3's multiplayer. In the entire series, Halo 3's multiplayer was, for me, the most aggravating and least enjoyable in the series. Just something about it never sat right with me. The terrible maps, the obnoxious amount of copy/paste weapons, the dual-wielding that completely destroyed the games balance, the horrible veto system that landed people on the same map and same gametype every time (Common complaint in Reach and 4. Some things never change I suppose.) Worthless equipment (people complain about AA's, but Halo 3 pretty much had the same thing except most of them were garbage. I will give them credit for being one-time use items though. I do miss that bubble shield.) Hell, Halo 3 even cut out the popular Clan list feature that Halo 2 had.

Honestly, there not really anything about Halo 3's multiplayer that was done any better than the other multiplayers in the series. Halo 2 had better maps, Reach and 4 have better Armor Abilities (God bless the Jetpack!) Really the only thing H3 had over Reach and 4 was the lack of Loadouts, but honestly I haven't had any problems with loadouts in either of these games. DMR and BR are the exact same weapon in terms of accuracy, nobody uses the carbine, and the Light Rifle user is rarer than an Alligator in Alaska. Secondary weapons is the only real issue because the Boltshot is broken and the Plasma Pistol has an EMP for vehicles, but that was a game breaking feature introduced in Halo 3 (Along with the awful Spartan Laser.) As for the Primary and Secondary Armor perks in H4, they don't really do anything that affect gameplay all that much. Than the map in Halo 3, Halo 4, and Reach were all about on the same level with each possessing 2 or 3 decent ones and a whole bunch of crap.

So ultimately, if H3, H4, and Reach had been released at the exact same time back in 2007, Reach and H4 would've been the superior games were it not for Weapon Bloom in one and Ordinance in the other. Personally I thought Bloom was a good thing for the series as it forced players to decide between pacing for a more definite kill or hoping to rush for that lucky shot. Ordinance sucks, but fortunately there is a Classic Team Slayer Pro playlist for people that want weapon placements.

Ultimately the failure of Reach and 4 boils down to the fact that people are just burnt out on the series after 11 years.

And I reiterate. Bring on a Campaign-exclusive Halo title! Lol
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:40 AM   #50
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,050

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
The other reason it sold well is that it's Microsoft's flagship title and they have a pretty amazing advertising team. Halo ads have always been amazing and can draw in people who don't play video games. The Deliver Hope ad campaign for Reach is a good example of this.
Very true. I should have thought about that. Halo 4 had the Forward Unto Dawn series too, which was pretty good. Either way, Halo 4 attracted newbies and oldies, and yet disappointed both parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
Another beta test in my 60 dollar beta test game.
Then return the game. Or sell it on Ebay and get your $60 back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
I've never understood why people want it to be like Halo 3's multiplayer. In the entire series, Halo 3's multiplayer was, for me, the most aggravating and least enjoyable in the series...The terrible maps, the obnoxious amount of copy/paste weapons, worthless equipment...
I don't know about you Dark, but Halo 3's maps were pretty enjoyable. I'm with you on the equipment and lack of new weapons, though. But as we all know, Halo 2 was definitely a better Multiplayer experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Ultimately the failure of Reach and 4 boils down to the fact that people are just burnt out on the series after 11 years.

And I reiterate. Bring on a Campaign-exclusive Halo title! Lol
I could agree with the bolded quote partially. I told my friend today at work: "There wasn't a necessary need to make another Halo game, or trilogy. They should have been done with the franchise and make a new IP, although I guess technically Bungie is already doing that with Destiny. Eh, Halo 4 is okay but it's boring."

Campaign-exclusive like ODST, but 1082394x better with all the lore we can get outta the books? Yes, please.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 01-26-2013 at 01:46 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #51
ChaosGod87
 
ChaosGod87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jamestown NY
Posts: 795

xNoSxPrometheus's Gamercard
Got a chance to play on these maps last night, got to say, not to bad. Shutout was my favorite, always have been a big fan of that map since the good ol Halo 2 days.
__________________
ChaosGod87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #52
Xmoda
Banned User
 
Xmoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 120

x Xmoda x's Gamercard
some pretty good maps in this playlist
Xmoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #53
Mopey
 
Mopey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 135

Mopey Pi's Gamercard
As most people have probably mentioned before, the playlist must be the most interesting I've been playing since Halo 4 came out. I'm really turned on again by those small to middle sized maps, especially since most of them look actually pretty good, even though just made in Forge.

I don't remember the map names (yet), but there are two or three which are really a joy to play and serve some fast paced action, though never unfair with the spawning points. One of those maps, ironically, is the map where both teams 'see each other' right off when you initially spawn. That work looks so great and plays just like a original. Kind of reminds me of that Halo 2 (or 3? Don't remember, either) map Midship.

After all, 343 should not just implement those Forge maps into the normal playlist (or create one for just the Forge maps themselves), but also 'give them a nice crust'. They shouldn't just keep the raw Forge-y style with stacked boxes and funny looking colors, but make the maps look like maps they have made on purpose, not in Forge. I hope you guys understand what I mean (:

TL;DR
Great playlist, really enjoy most of the maps, it's definitely been more pleasure than casual Team Slayer 4on4.
Mopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:38 PM.