PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War: Judgment
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Box Art Leaked + Gears of War Download Confirmed

Edit.
Epic Games confirmed that Gears of War will be an incentive.

"Epic Games said more than half of all Gears of War 3 players never played the original."

Quote from GameSpot's Twitter.

Quote:
Gears of War: Judgment is rumoured to include a free Xbox Live Games on Demand download of the original game. We reported on the rumour this morning. However, a packshot has leaked online that bears a logo that seems to confirm the incentive. Cast your own ‘judgment’ on the art below.

Well that kinda sucks. I suppose I can sell the code online or just trade it with someone who has Gears of War 2 for download, as that's the only GoW game I don't have.

Not a bad cover.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/22/gear...of-first-game/

Last edited by iBuzz7S; 01-22-2013 at 02:13 PM.
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
"Epic Games said more than half of all Gears of War 3 players never played the original."

No shit Epic, no casual COD/Halo players wanted in on a serious team-based game that forced you to actually think (or lag-switch) your way to victory.

Also, no casualized Team Deatchmatch in the first two games.

(Maybe they should also include that less than 10% of all Gears 3 players actually finished the Campaign.)

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
KillTheft Gator

KillTheft Gator's Gamercard
Now they will all try it out for one game, get destroyed by real Gears players and then say, "Wow, I'm so glad they turned Gears into Call of Duty" and never play again.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post

No shit Epic, no casual COD/Halo players wanted in on a serious team-based game that forced you to actually think (or lag-switch) your way to victory.

Also, no casualized Team Deatchmatch in the first two games.

(Maybe they should also include that less than 10% of all Gears 3 players actually finished the Campaign.)
Oh geez, such an urge to play now. I remember sucking so much and being so happy when I got a kill or even downed someone. Anyone still play?
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I imagine there'll be an increase in Seriously double Xbox boosting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge View Post
Oh geez, such an urge to play now. I remember sucking so much and being so happy when I got a kill or even downed someone. Anyone still play?
Lots of people do (including myself). You'll almost always find a match with real players searching in the Team Deathmatch playlist as it is the most played gametype. However, since this game has been out for a while, you're more than likely to be placed in matches with players who are very experienced and know how to play exceptionally well.

My advice is to constantly use the Gnasher and learn how to wall-bounce effectively. Or, alternatively, just sit back and pick off players with the Retro Lancer like a majority of the new players and you're guaranteed to get a lot of kills.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #7
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillTheft Gator View Post
Now they will all try it out for one game, get destroyed by real Gears players and then say, "Wow, I'm so glad they turned Gears into Call of Duty" and never play again.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A million times this.

I just hope Epic knows that it's trading tradition in Gears for a couple of COD/Halo players that are just going to go back to whatever they're used to playing in a few months after they get "bored" of this. (Gears 3 honestly looks better than this, and it hasn't fared THAT well in activity charts. Only about a year after release.)

I love the emphasis on gimmick rather than actual core gameplay, Overrun's gonna be fun for about a week, Free for All's basically gonna be for players that don't have a stack, and KOTH's pretty much dead with its new iteration. "OH BUT WHAT ABOUT CAMPAIGN REPLAYABILITY WITH S^3?!" - I don't particularly like replaying a story more than two times, it just gets boring. (Even if you're not gonna be fighting the same enemies in the same places.) It's probably not going to be AAA plot or anything either (then again, Traviss did get the boot), so I don't expect for Gears to gain too many new fans from broken canon and some douche character side-story.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A million times this.

I just hope Epic knows that it's trading tradition in Gears for a couple of COD/Halo players that are just going to go back to whatever they're used to playing in a few months after they get "bored" of this. (Gears 3 honestly looks better than this, and it hasn't fared THAT well in activity charts. Only about a year after release.)

I love the emphasis on gimmick rather than actual core gameplay, Overrun's gonna be fun for about a week, Free for All's basically gonna be for players that don't have a stack, and KOTH's pretty much dead with its new iteration. "OH BUT WHAT ABOUT CAMPAIGN REPLAYABILITY WITH S^3?!" - I don't particularly like replaying a story more than two times, it just gets boring. (Even if you're not gonna be fighting the same enemies in the same places.) It's probably not going to be AAA plot or anything either (then again, Traviss did get the boot), so I don't expect for Gears to gain too many new fans from broken canon and some douche character side-story.
Those casual retro-douches are so damn annoying I tell you... One guy, lvl 40 white (with achievements to show he didn't get reset, he didn't have the lvl 50 achievement yet) got destroyed with a Lancer/Gnasher set up 4 matches in a row, then he switched to Retro/SoS and he almost MVPed the next match...

Haha, that replaying thing you brought up there is interesting... In Gears of War 2 there are 4 different difficulty achievement, Casual, Normal, Hardcore, Insane, and I thought you need to play them all separately. So I completed it on casual once (for story only) then on Normal and then out came Gears of War 3. So then I came back to Gears of war 2 when my younger brother bought it and wanted to do co-op on Hardcore. When we beat the game, he got the Casual, Normal AND Hardcore achievements. From one play-through. I didn't know that was possible. Now I have to play the game for a 4th time if I want that achievement... Imagine how "WTF" I was...

Agreed, Traviss writes great books but Gears of War 3 campaign is... Meh... Although I do have fond memories of it and might play it again soon when going through all games again.

Overrun is going to be boring as sh1t.
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #9
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Where are people getting that they are trying to make this more like COD?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #10
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCX360 View Post
Gamer Logic: Anything different is trying to be like COD
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #11
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCX360 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by I mak3 big boom View Post
Gamer Logic: Anything different is trying to be like COD
Without pointing fingers to Quinn brusquely:

The Loadout system is most reminiscent of what game? Call of Duty. (Sure, point out that COD isn't the first or only game with Loadouts- but this is most reminiscent of it since it gives you a wide variety of weapons choices; rifles, grenades, shotguns, a six-burst SMG-esque rifle, and for the first time in Gears- a low-powered sniper.)

The gametypes are being "dumbed down" from their original Gears counterparts in order to attract COD/Halo players. Team Deathmatch remains the same, but it was by far the least "Gears-y" gametype in Gears 3 as it's emphasis was on pure kills. (At least Warzone/Execution came with some pressure of no respawns.) Domination is Annex/KOTH in Call of Duty form, three rings (flags), that you must capture in order to earn points. And finally, Free for All... basically solo Team DeathMatch. (Gears was a game that emphasized teamwork in it's prime, so I'm not sure who's idea it was to make this one of the biggest concerns.)

And finally some of the well-known Gears features are being removed over simpler mechanics: Down But Not Out is being taken out, which leads to instantaneous death if your health reaches it's limit. (Traditional Gears feature/mechanic, casualized.) The entire Locust team has been removed from Versus multiplayer, making it COG vs COG. And I could mention that no classic playlists are making a return at launch.

I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly announced this was going to be an FPS, and I don't think it's an exaggeration to compare this to Modern Warfare 2's Third-Person Team Tactical with a cover system.

Last edited by Hagane; 01-28-2013 at 12:51 AM. Reason: sp, cleaning