Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #211
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin 856 View Post
You can't say the game is not difficult and short if you did't bump up the difficulty to hard along with not getting collectibles/doing no side missions. I can tell you did neither because I spent 32 hours on co-op getting 100% on an impossible run. Stop rushing!
Dude, without counting the times I jumped into a buddys game. My SP run through on normal was about 25 hours. I scoured whatever I could in one play and I admit to spending a good chunk of those hours in chapters 4-6 for the space walking stuff.

My 2015 Extra Life Fundraiser Page. Many Hands Make Light Work & Every Little Bit Counts. For The Kids. - https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm...ipantID=154378
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #212
Zeppelin 856

CREEKx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
Dude, without counting the times I jumped into a buddys game. My SP run through on normal was about 25 hours. I scoured whatever I could in one play and I admit to spending a good chunk of those hours in chapters 4-6 for the space walking stuff.
For sure. There is definitely a substantial mount of gameplay opportunity in DS 3, but the glitches oh my! I spent an additional 2 hours because of backtracking or bugs.
Zeppelin 856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #213
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
While I haven't done it on DS3, my speedruns on DS1 and 2 have been about 4-5 hours. Just running through ANY game won't be as long as the "expected length". If a game is promised 12 hours, going straight to the end is going to be about 8 hours. Some to most games rely on collectibles.
That wasn't my point. My speedruns on the first 2 have been about that length too. I was talking about my first runs. You know where you take things a bit slower, look around to find collectables etc etc. If someone rushes through the 19 chapters of DS3 in 6-7 hours then complains it's too short, that's their own fault. The "expected length" that Visceral gave for DS3 was "about twice as long as DS2"...so that's about 14 hours. No I don't agree that you can take 4 hours off that for an actual estimated completetion time. 2 hours, maybe. That's still 12 hours. Since when is 12 hours too short?

My original point still stands. If you rush through DS3 in 6-7 hours and then complain it's too short, well quite frankly you can't, because it's your own fault for rushing through it.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:04 AM   #214
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
omg, the game just froze on me while there was an inventory saving, I turn off the xbox, start it again and then... I lost my save file along with all my guns! I found all the collectibles on this file too, had all the suits...

Last edited by Neme6ben; 02-21-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Neme6ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:14 AM   #215
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Not a complaint, but I figured here would be the best place to post it. Norton is DOUCHE. So,

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Anyone get some satisfaction from doing the same?
Old 02-21-2013, 02:22 AM   #216
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Not a complaint, but I figured here would be the best place to post it. Norton is DOUCHE. So,

I mashed it up then threw all the parts off the cliff. it didn't help, but it was fun.
Sqeagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #217
fritobandito858

fritobandito858's Gamercard
Quote:

I stomped him a few times expecting a log to pop out or something like in DS 2 with Stross, but no such luck.
fritobandito858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 AM   #218
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:

Somebody actually dedicated an entire thread to that subject: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=422588

By the way, your spoiler tag just went to waste thanks to the two posters after you that decided to post exactly what they did to the person you mentioned.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #219
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Feeders! Go die in a fire you scrawny little bunch of runts!!
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #220
Zeppelin 856

CREEKx's Gamercard
Quote:

That totally should have been an achievement and named it "geronimo a**hole".
Old 02-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #221
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
That wasn't my point. My speedruns on the first 2 have been about that length too. I was talking about my first runs. You know where you take things a bit slower, look around to find collectables etc etc. If someone rushes through the 19 chapters of DS3 in 6-7 hours then complains it's too short, that's their own fault. The "expected length" that Visceral gave for DS3 was "about twice as long as DS2"...so that's about 14 hours. No I don't agree that you can take 4 hours off that for an actual estimated completetion time. 2 hours, maybe. That's still 12 hours. Since when is 12 hours too short?

My original point still stands. If you rush through DS3 in 6-7 hours and then complain it's too short, well quite frankly you can't, because it's your own fault for rushing through it.

Well I was saying my original runs with 1 & 2 were about 15 hours apiece. I am agreeing with you tho that it's the players fault for not "taking it in as they go".
This is definitely a series that has gotten more than my moneys worth in time and entertainment. I honestly wish they'd brought the MP back but maybe more of a Survival mode with just being humans. I liked the L4D aspect but necro's just didn't have any animated flare or outright unique awesomeness. Being the humans was my favorite part.

My 2015 Extra Life Fundraiser Page. Many Hands Make Light Work & Every Little Bit Counts. For The Kids. - https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm...ipantID=154378
Old 02-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #222
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin 856 View Post
That totally should have been an achievement and named it "geronimo a**hole".
No. Not really. In the end, it wasn't really Norton's fault. It was the Marker. Ellie mentions several times that "he's not usually like this". When he first finds you, Carver seems to be more vexed with you than Robert. I really only stomped him in hopes there was an audio log like there was on Stross.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #223
Zeppelin 856

CREEKx's Gamercard
Quote:
No. Not really. In the end, it wasn't really Norton's fault. It was the Marker. Ellie mentions several times that "he's not usually like this". When he first finds you, Carver seems to be more vexed with you than Robert. I really only stomped him in hopes there was an audio log like there was on Stross.
No sh*t it's because of Isaac's presence.

Ever here of a thing called jealousy?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #224
RumbleFish10

RumbleFish10's Gamercard
I thought this game was great
RumbleFish10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #225
Eleriel

Eleriel's Gamercard
Another beef I got with this game is: why isn't anyone playing Public Pure Survivalist Co-Op?!

I've started a game to get the Co-Op missions out of the way (though I keep playing after thr misson is complete. It seems only fair)... And I've been sitting here for something like an hour waiting for the "Co-Op Partner is waiting for you to reach a checkpoint" to come up.
(Hell, I even have the devil horns, in case the other guy wants things the easy way).
Eleriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 AM   #226
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleriel View Post
Another beef I got with this game is: why isn't anyone playing Public Pure Survivalist Co-Op?!

I've started a game to get the Co-Op missions out of the way (though I keep playing after thr misson is complete. It seems only fair)... And I've been sitting here for something like an hour waiting for the "Co-Op Partner is waiting for you to reach a checkpoint" to come up.
(Hell, I even have the devil horns, in case the other guy wants things the easy way).
I was planning to do my Classic run first, then stick on co-op for my PS run, but feel free to add me and I'll play through it co-op with you. GT is Th3 Majica if you do. And I don't care what guns you use....the devil horns are quite ammusing, especially what I assume is the reload animation lol.

I have another bitch. I hate how the flying sections seem really difficult in co-op because your partner gets in the way. Even if they boost and you don't you stay at the same level so bump into each other. Rarely do those sections first try in co-op.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3

Last edited by Majica8; 02-23-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #227
KH308

Onetw03's Gamercard
Fuck this stupid game. I hate the annoying and confusing save system that would require me to restart from I don't even know where because I don't know how it works. I prefer the way they did it in dead space. Sometimes the controls are unresponsive. More than once I want to shoot, stasis or stomp but my character doesn't do shit and my controller works perfectly fine and I calmly press the buttons. There were times when I TK'd a necro's limb and shoot it at another necro but the fucking limb just goes through the damned necro.
But other than that there are things I really like such as the co-op, weapon crafting and the story.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #228
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH308 View Post
Fuck this stupid game. I hate the annoying and confusing save system that would require me to restart from I don't even know where because I don't know how it works. I prefer the way they did it in dead space.
When it says "Progress saving....." it's like a save station. Pretty simple if you ask me

Anyone else have a problem with shooting necromorphs that are on the ground right in front of you? I know in DS2 your weapon would sometimes go through them and not harm them if you fired, but in this one my gun can be right above their head/body while they are at my feet, I'll fire several times but nothing. Kind of annoying to waste health like that :/ I know I should probably stomp them but I never really think of using stomp/melee for killing them.

1000G/100%
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 AM   #229
Kubensis

kubensis's Gamercard
help please im at chapter 6 where u have to clear the gears out with the turret. when i get thrown into space my health drains and i die. the life meter on the turret is green, just wondering if anyone knows about a fix for this. i had to jump into someone elses game to ass this chapter on normal but im on a classic run now. oh and i hate this game for that theres my bitch
Kubensis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:57 AM   #230
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
The lack of any kind of LAN/system link play is ridiculous, considering the main draw of both cheesy horror and co-op games is to play them in the same room as your buddy. Owning two copies of the game isn't enough anymore, you need two LIVE accounts linked to EA accounts with an online pass redeemed to play with your friend. What a load of shit.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:34 AM   #231
fritobandito858

fritobandito858's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
The lack of any kind of LAN/system link play is ridiculous, considering the main draw of both cheesy horror and co-op games is to play them in the same room as your buddy. Owning two copies of the game isn't enough anymore, you need two LIVE accounts linked to EA accounts with an online pass redeemed to play with your friend. What a load of shit.
An argument against local co-op is that the host who plays as Isaac cannot see what Carver sees in the side missions. I know that is a fraction of the game, but it wouldn't have the same affect in local play.
fritobandito858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:31 AM   #232
KH308

Onetw03's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
When it says "Progress saving....." it's like a save station. Pretty simple if you ask me

Anyone else have a problem with shooting necromorphs that are on the ground right in front of you? I know in DS2 your weapon would sometimes go through them and not harm them if you fired, but in this one my gun can be right above their head/body while they are at my feet, I'll fire several times but nothing. Kind of annoying to waste health like that :/ I know I should probably stomp them but I never really think of using stomp/melee for killing them.
Yes it is simple but sometimes when I reload the game, it doesn't start where it last 'saved'. For example yesterday I played chapter 14 and I took the GEOLOGY route. I completed it and went back to the starting area and saw that PROGRESS SAVING thing. I then proceeded to the biology route but then decided to quit, so I paused and went to 'save and quit'. Next time I loaded the game I had to start at the beginning and had to re-do the geology route. I thought I could load to where I stopped after completing the geology route since PROGRESS is SAVED?
I prefer the save station on previous games because it's clearer where I stop and where I'll start again when I choose to continue. Unlike this game where I'm sure I stopped and saved somewhere but when I continue I'm like somewhere different and have to re-do shit which is freaking annoying.

And I also have that problem about shooting enemies right in front of me. Sometimes I shoot, but the character doesn't shoot but just stands there aiming. Got messed up plenty of times because of this. Same goes for when I try to use stasis, he just stands there aiming. THen I get pissed off because they start to hit me and I get stunned and lose health and all that shit. Even when using the plasma cutter and I aim + RB to rotate the aim, it doesn't work. And I know for sure that it's not my controller that is spoiled, it works very well when I play halo 4.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:32 AM   #233
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritobandito858 View Post
An argument against local co-op is that the host who plays as Isaac cannot see what Carver sees in the side missions. I know that is a fraction of the game, but it wouldn't have the same affect in local play.
Apparently, you don't seem to know the difference between Lan/system link and local.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #234
DeFKoN

Send a message via AIM to DeFKoN

HK x DeFKoN's Gamercard
Fuck the saving in this game. That is all.

Like metal music? Check out my band https://www.facebook.com/TAProjectMI
DeFKoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #235
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
It won't be in my sig forever, so here's the hardcore moaning. It actually has explanations.

http://hurricaneof87.blogspot.co.uk/...-moans-27.html

Only thing I forgot was Earl Serrano. Worst Dead Space 'character' by far. Exists only for exposition. Abysmally voice acted or bad script? A lot from both columns.
Tossed his rucksack down the hole and left his corpse to rot some more. Feel the hurt.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #236
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Of 87 View Post
It won't be in my sig forever, so here's the hardcore moaning. It actually has explanations.

Only thing I forgot was Earl Serrano. Worst Dead Space 'character' by far. Exists only for exposition. Abysmally voice acted or bad script? A lot from both columns.
Tossed his rucksack down the hole and left his corpse to rot some more. Feel the hurt.
Your blog post just made my ride home much more enjoyable.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #237
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
t was Earl Serrano. Worst Dead Space 'character' by far. Exists only for exposition. Abysmally voice acted or bad script? A lot from both columns.
Everytime I heard his fucking name I was thinking MAX PAYNE 3 all the way:

http://maxpayne.wikia.com/wiki/Serrano

They could've picked a different name, just annoying!

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #238
Flibbity Floid

Quote:

It only felt/sounded right when the projector was explaining about the moon. It just seemed like an outdated public service announcement.

I did enjoy the semi-return/nod to Dr. Kyne in some areas. One i definitely noticed was his voice was entering/exiting the Rosetta lab and the warning "Decontamination In Progress. Please Hold Still."
Plus I loved that he narrated the Previously On Dead Space in #2. Just as well, he voiced the Didact in Halo 4. Well played too.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #239
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Playing Pure Survival, fighting the end boss. The tentacles show up for the first time and when I destroy both, the platform just disappears. Isaac says "Son of a..." and then he disappears. All that is left is the HUD from the RIG for an audio signal. Just the music is playing with a reddish gray screen. What the fuck?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #240
Zeppelin 856

CREEKx's Gamercard
Quote:
Playing Pure Survival, fighting the end boss. The tentacles show up for the first time and when I destroy both, the platform just disappears. Isaac says "Son of a..." and then he disappears. All that is left is the HUD from the RIG for an audio signal. Just the music is playing with a reddish gray screen. What the fuck?
Sounds like Isaac is furious as you are as to what the hell is going on. I've had some weird instances in DS, but not like that. Maybe you weren't quick enough with the shooting of the tentacles?