Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
o0ArA0o

o0ArA0o's Gamercard
PC Version: Unsynced Achievements Solutions / Help Thread

Because I just see threads that mention single achievements that donīt unlock, I will try to sum all things up here and trying to share my knowledge on how to get those achievements synced. (1ked this game finally and it was a run through NG ++++ for me to have everything unlocked and synced properly)

Like mentioned in another thread by Gackt, there is no patch in sight, so the problem seems to be a permanent one. If I forget something feel free to post and I will add the Information.

Reach Lordran: To unlock this one simply return to the Undead Asylum and as you come back a second time from there to Firelink Shrine it unlocks again and should stay. Easiest one.

Art of Abysswalking: There is no way to make this one sync properly without starting NG+ (what you have to do anyway). Kill the Great Wolf a second time and it should stay.

Prayer of a Maiden / Bond of a Pyromancer / Wisdom of a Sage / Knights Honor: Yes, all four of them can glitch and after that the only choice you have is to start a complete new game and collect the Spells/Weapons again. Recollecting some spells/weapons has unlocked this achievements for some, but not for me.
Here something you can do before you collect/buy the last spell:
Go into your Save Folder. Documents | NBGI | DarkSouls | [Gamertag]
There you will find your Dark Souls Savegame, copy it somewhere else, buy or collect the last spell/weapon and check XboxLive after unlocking in GFWL if it has synced to your gamecard. If not copy it back into the folder, deleting the existing file and give it a new try.

Dark Lord / To Link the Fire: Savefile trick mentioned in the above solution. Spares you a 3rd or even 4th run like me .

The Dark Soul: Even this one glitched to me, solution that worked was starting a New Game with a new character and play to the first bonfire. When you light it up it should unlock again and be synced this time.
If not you have to go further (thanks for this to GrokAgnok on TA) - delete your account and redownload it. The Dark Soul achievement from your GFWL Account should dissapear. Then start a New Character and play again to the first bonfire and bam - unlocked and synced
o0ArA0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
I'll never be able to put into words how cheated I feel that I opted to not play the PC version of this game, which is clearly the "superior" version. HA!
ghostx30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #3
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
oh my god. thank you for this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to smash my pc to a million pieces after The Dark Soul did 'unlock' but didn't really unlock. I was so pissed, you probably know how pissed I just was, because you have been there yourself! First bonfire with new character worked.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Mil

thanks for this, just realized the 3rd achievement glitched and was wondering what was up with it
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:29 AM   #5
F TANK

F TANK's Gamercard
damn it...I got screwed out of joining that very 1st covenant in Firelink
F TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Now I don't know if I want to get PC version. Was thinking it would be an easy 1k like Xbox. Also was reading about invaders that can drain your stats
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #7
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob101910 View Post
Now I don't know if I want to get PC version. Was thinking it would be an easy 1k like Xbox. Also was reading about invaders that can drain your stats
It's definitely worth playing. The achievements are the same as on the 360. So it's an easy list for an experienced Dark Souls player. I only encountered a small glitch with one of the achievements not sticking. But the fixes detailed online worked easily enough. Just like on console, you can avoid invaders entirely by simply remaining hollow. So you don't have to worry about that honestly.

Performance wise the PC version is an improved version of the console game. Better frame rate, textures, and performance. There's no slow down in the game at all. (Blight Town, Lost Izalith, etc.) Except in Chasm of the Abyss. And even that's not that bad. You can also download the DSfix mod to improve the visuals even more and take the game up to 60 fps.

Once you play the PC version I doubt you'll ever want to play the console version again. Except for PvP. There doesn't seem to be as many duels on PC. (Probably due to the smaller install base.) And there are more hackers on PC. But there's hackers on console too. So you get used to them. Enjoy the game. It's great.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
Reach Lordran is only unlocked on Games for Windows Live for me, no where else.
Well, it says it's unlocked, but my card only says 3 achievements are unlocked, when it should be 4.

My GS on GFWL is 15 higher then it is everywhere else.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Activity...eId=1313673121

See? It's not showing as unlocked there.

Anyone know what I should do? I've never heard of a glitch like this before.

Pretty sure that means I won't be able to get the achievement for getting all the others then.

Last edited by Earthbound_X; 10-06-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
Alright, manged to fix the glitch by deleting and redownloading my profile, it removed the 15 GS, and the unsyced unlock.

But after trying a 6th time, it unlocked after the opening again, but once again, will not stick to me card, so I'm deleting my profile and redownloading it again, and will just wait till I can return to the Asylum, like you guys have said.

Starting a new character, and trying to get it to unlock that way, doesn't seem to work.

Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:40 AM   #10
Rage66

x Inflames80 x's Gamercard
I seriously had my trouble with the Achievements in the PC Version.. i had to remove my Profile 10+ Times .. I had to Kill Seath the Scaleless 4-5 Times in NG+ for the Achievement to Stick ... but i also did the 1000G for my GF cause she wanted to play this Game in Coop and the funny thing is Every Single Achievement Unlocked for her.. no trouble at all !! anyways.. this Tread should be a Sticky it helped me .. thanks Guys

Last edited by Rage66; 01-20-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Rage66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #11
Rage66

x Inflames80 x's Gamercard
Should be sticked imo im just gonna give this Tread a push
Rage66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #12
X nosgoth X

X nosgoth X's Gamercard
Bumping for awareness, while it lasts.

I had the same issue. I 1k'd Dark Souls 1 and 2 on the 360 and decided to go for the PC version as well, while GFWL still worked. I had to play offline, since the Dark Souls on this computer was linked to another gamertag (seriously, one gamertag per cd key? What the fuck?)

Anyway, after 3 days of being offline and about 30-40 hours of gameplay, that glorious final achievement popped. I save my game, quit the game and load up another GFWL title to upload my gamerscore to my account. And there it was.

All achievements unlocked except for the two endings and arriving in Lordran. Now my achievements are in a stupid order, but whatever. I had to finish a 4th playthrough to get the achievements and backed up my save right before Gwyn so I could get both endings quickly.

It's done now, but what a piece of shit. I'm glad GFWL is going soon. I'll dance on its grave.

In any case, thanks for posting this. It helped to know that I wasn't the only one, and your solutions worked (I had to delete my gamertag and re-download it, because the ending achievements wouldn't unlock). Cheers.