PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma > Dark Arisen
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
Acejunky

DLC Date

When does this come out and how much also will it be downloadable I think it will because when u start the game it says dark arisen so it would stupid to make u go purchase separate
Acejunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Conmayn

conmayn's Gamercard
It's not downloadable, you have to purchase the game again. It's a whole new disk!
I think it's out on the 23rd April in the US and the 26th in Europe
Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Its out as downloadable content in the summer for the 360(but PS3 gets it at the same time as the retail version)

In the UK,the retail version(that's the original game and the expansion)costs 19.99,although Amazon have it for 17.99...not a bad price if like me you were going to pick the game up again anyway,probably find it cheaper if you shop about

Shame that the achievements can't be earned again though from what i hear

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
E10phoenix

darkphoenix1992's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicorphan View Post
Its out as downloadable content in the summer for the 360(but PS3 gets it at the same time as the retail version)

In the UK,the retail version(that's the original game and the expansion)costs 19.99,although Amazon have it for 17.99...not a bad price if like me you were going to pick the game up again anyway,probably find it cheaper if you shop about

Shame that the achievements can't be earned again though from what i hear
where did you hear it was going to be downloadable??? Last time i checked, Capcom themselves said you must purchase the retail copy to get the dlc expansion.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #5
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sorry my bad,they were talking about the Games on Demand version coming in the summer...so,which really isn't a big deal after all

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
J4ckyb0y1

Ix J4ckyb0y xI's Gamercard
So they expect people to pay retail twice for access to content that amounts to a DLC? No Thanks. Enjoyed the game very much, but not enough to pay for it twice.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #7
E10phoenix

darkphoenix1992's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4ckyb0y1 View Post
So they expect people to pay retail twice for access to content that amounts to a DLC? No Thanks. Enjoyed the game very much, but not enough to pay for it twice.
Trust me, it's fine if you just trade in your copy and purchase the newer one. You only have to pay a couple /$ on top, which is probably gonna be less/equal to what you would have paid if it was dlc.

Plus the game is only 18 to preorder so I personally think thats great.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #8
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4ckyb0y1 View Post
If you have a Gamestop near you the original game will get you $21 right now after their 30% trade-in bonus offer. So that knocks half the price off of buying it again and I'm sure if this was released as DLC it would be twenty bucks for how big it's supposed to be, if not more knowing Capcom.

I've had this on my shelf forever and haven't gotten around to playing much of it, I'm not sure if I should trade my copy for the new one or just hang onto it.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
SolarFury

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
As I said in the comment section to the recent news article - for reasons previously said, I have only just found out about this after looking for the cheapest place to get the vanilla version.

At the moment, zavvi.com are doing both (original and Dark Arisen) for 16.98, if I remember correctly. Steal if you ask me...

I'm going to do a crafty though to nab me the bonuses of owning the original. I'm hopefully going to find a copy at my nearest CEX, purchase it the day before DA is released here, and nab me the bonuses. Then the used copy shall go to my nephew, who I think will like it, as he likes his medievil RPG type games. He's currently got my Dragon Age: Origins, and already has his eye on Dragon Age 2 (he won't get that until I finish though), so this should entertain him easily.

So yeah, as far as I'm aware, zavvi is the cheapest place in the UK thus far. Unless you have reward points/voucher codes to redeem, of course. Heads up for anyone interested.