Questions

shinobigarth

loving this game so far, have a few questions:

1. when the game wants you to do certain objectives to advance the story (like capture certain types of aliens), i dont have to hurry and do it ASAP right? i can take my time completing side missions to earn money and complete research\building stuff?

2. once 8 countries pull out of XCOM, the game ends correct? i have France gone in my game. can you get a country back after it leaves?

3. how do you lower the panic levels to keep them from leaving? just put up satellites above their country? any other way?

loving this game so far, have a few questions:

1. when the game wants you to do certain objectives to advance the story (like capture certain types of aliens), i dont have to hurry and do it ASAP right? i can take my time completing side missions to earn money and complete research\building stuff?

2. once 8 countries pull out of XCOM, the game ends correct? i have France gone in my game. can you get a country back after it leaves?

3. how do you lower the panic levels to keep them from leaving? just put up satellites above their country? any other way?

1) You can stall on any "Priority" objective...but do remember that the game gets harder as the months go on. Enemies get better each month...so if you are putzing around, then be prepared for some challenges in the new month.

2) Once a country is gone, they stay gone. No getting them back. C'est la vie, France.

And yes, when 8 leave, game automatically ends. (Feel free to check out the cutscene. Save the game, then just scan for activity endlessly....ignoring everything that comes up. Eventually, 8 countries will leave, and you can see the "bad ending."

3) Satellites will lower panic levels, as will some random missions. At the end of the month, the council will usually give you some special mission (Target Extraction, Bomb Diffusing, Asset Recovery) that will give you some goodies...like money, panic reduction, etc).

The Terror missions will also lower panic, as will the Alien Abduction missions. (However, with the Abduction missions...you will lower the panic in ONE region, while raising it in the TWO that you didn't pick).

Finally, there is a Base assault at the midpoint of the game. If you complete that, then it will lower panic by two notches WORLDWIDE. This is handy if you are nearing the end of the month with several countries at max-panic and no satellites.

1) You can stall on any "Priority" objective...but do remember that the game gets harder as the months go on. Enemies get better each month...so if you are putzing around, then be prepared for some challenges in the new month.

i know, Mutons are becoming very prevalent now, however i keep upgrading my guys too, currently with lasers and have researched several plasma stuff, and i have an active SHIV. also this is my easy playthrough besides. now i know to prioritize satellites and uplinks for future playthroughs for steady money and keep panic lower.

thanks for the help.