PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Cave
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
BEFORE YOU FINISH!!! (spoiler)

minor spoiler about the ending...
prevents additional playthroughs...

at the end of the game, after returning to the customer service desk and retrieving the 3 new objects to give the guy, he will give each character the object they desire most. If you press X a few times you will return it to him, and then when you proceed to the ending you will get the "good ending" for each character that returned their object. one of the 25 point secret achievements is for getting the good ending for all 7 characters.

edit: the other 25 point secret ach. is for getting all the bad endings so you'll need multiple playthroughs either way. sorry for any confusion.

"Ok brain...I don't like you and you don't like me... but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer S.

Last edited by Bobo; 01-25-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
calex deus

calex dEUS's Gamercard
All true but .................... there is also one for bad endings I believe?????

They are both also linked to the "Whole Story" Achievement

Edit: Actually I should add that having the Hillbilly in the party with 2 different characters each time will save some time also as he is needed to visit the fortune teller

Last edited by calex deus; 01-24-2013 at 06:10 PM.
calex deus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
the other secret achievement is for getting all of the artwork. whether you do the good or bad ending, you get 2 new pieces of artwork. I am not sure if you need to get the good and bad ending for each character, or if you just need all of the "collectible" pieces and either of the endings for it to consider it all of the artwork for each character. i don't have either achievement yet so i will update when i know for sure.

and yes... i know the hillbilly is needed in order to read all 7 characters fortunes but i am just now about to do the hillbilly carnival for the first time to get more detail, as i played through the first time without him

"Ok brain...I don't like you and you don't like me... but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer S.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
calex deus

calex dEUS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
the other secret achievement is for getting all of the artwork. whether you do the good or bad ending, you get 2 new pieces of artwork. I am not sure if you need to get the good and bad ending for each character, or if you just need all of the "collectible" pieces and either of the endings for it to consider it all of the artwork for each character. i don't have either achievement yet so i will update when i know for sure.

and yes... i know the hillbilly is needed in order to read all 7 characters fortunes but i am just now about to do the hillbilly carnival for the first time to get more detail, as i played through the first time without him
This seems to suggest bad endings are needed http://www.trueachievements.com/a173...chievement.htm

Edit : I asked the guy who posted the guide on TA what the deal was as he had completed the game and he said 6 runs minimum

I also didnt know about the hillbilly on my 1st play so I didnt pick him but no big deal now

Last edited by calex deus; 01-24-2013 at 07:46 PM.
calex deus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
thank you for clarifying. i think you're right and i misunderstood thinking the other secret achievement was for all artwork... 6 playthroughs minimum it would be then

Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #6
xD Rick
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to xD Rick

xD Rick's Gamercard
Hey guys, how much time to finish each playthrough?
xD Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
ErrolErrolson

Errol Errolson's Gamercard
You only need 5 playthroughs to get every achievement and they'll take roughly an hour each.
ErrolErrolson is offline   Reply With Quote