PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Happy Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-25-2013, 02:50 AM   #1
Tanaka Futaba

djt nekooyabun's Gamercard
Difference between Charged vs Smash attack

Hello, I'm still not quite sure the difference between charged attack and smash attack. Am I understand the following correctly? Need to properly buff up my warrior
[RT][RT] shield attack = smash attack?
[Up][X] dash attack = charged attack?
[A] Smash skill = smash attack
[A] Rush skill = charged attack?
[A] Charged attack skill = charged attack
Tanaka Futaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 AM   #2
DMV

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanaka Futaba View Post
Hello, I'm still not quite sure the difference between charged attack and smash attack. Am I understand the following correctly? Need to properly buff up my warrior
[RT][RT] shield attack = smash attack?
[Up][X] dash attack = charged attack?
[A] Smash skill = smash attack
[A] Rush skill = charged attack?
[A] Charged attack skill = charged attack
I don’t know much about the shield attack because I don’t use it much at all. The cleric’s smash is just like the warrior’s smash, both can do it, but the cleric's is weaker than the warrior's skill smash. The cleric’s smash doesn’t take up AP.

The dash attack is when the warrior dives forward with their weapon to attack. Enemies usually do this when opponents retreat. You usually see this when warriors who know this tend to spam it since you can cover ground faster. And you can initiate it with whatever direction the warrior is facing, so if the warrior Is facing left, press left + X at same time, right, etc.

The rush skill is a random skill offered. For 4 to 5 seconds, the warrior runs forward with their weapon drawn, and chops up anyone and anything in their way. It’s not necessarily referred to as a charged attack, even though they charge forward.

The charged attack skill is just that; a skill that charges the longer you have it initiated. It has 5 levels that can be gotten to by charging it. Just hold down A and it will begin to charge. After you hear the 5th tick, it is at its most powerful, and unleashing this on the enemy will hit regardless of blocking, however, while charging it, your speed will be slow for the time being.

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved

Last edited by DMV; 01-31-2013 at 03:48 AM.
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
Tanaka Futaba

djt nekooyabun's Gamercard
Thanks DMV for the explanations. I guess it's better to invest in Smash buffs for warrior.

About the charged attack by holding down A... is there a target reticle (like mage) when execute the attack after the 5th tick? If not, are you just let go of A and it will damage surrounding foes?
Tanaka Futaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
DMV

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanaka Futaba View Post
Thanks DMV for the explanations. I guess it's better to invest in Smash buffs for warrior.

About the charged attack by holding down A... is there a target reticle (like mage) when execute the attack after the 5th tick? If not, are you just let go of A and it will damage surrounding foes?
When you get to the 5th tick, if you're still holding down A, your warrior is still going to stay in charged mode, even though you won't be able to charge any more power. It'll only unleash when you let go of X. So, yes, you let go of A and damage surrounding foes when you're ready to do so.

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote