Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Media Forum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
Spazaz Man

Spazaz Man's Gamercard
new sig style. thoughts?

Hey guys!

I recently have been trying out a new style on some of my sigs...I've been trying to incorporate more c4d's and making the background more intense...and also trying to make the render sorta "come out" of the background...if that sorta makes sense...i was just hoping for some constructive criticism on this sig in which i tried incorporating these ideas...i'm fairly new to this style. I also decided to try out using a drop shadow on the sig...(i personally don't like how the drop shadow turned out >_>)

Anyways...here it is...

Want a sig? Request one in my Gallery
"All great men have mustaches!" - Rod Kimble
Spazaz Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I'm no expert, but the 3D effect you were going for is really good.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
ZombieFan

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I'm no expert, but the 3D effect you were going for is really good.
Didn't even realize till you said it lol

OT: Quite like it, I see potential for the addition of the name but maybe that's just me

Full credit goes to Gackt!
ZombieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
Xerofox
were given today

Send a message via Skype™ to Xerofox

Xerofox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Staff Club - Xerofox   SOTF Winner   Staff - Graphics Team   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
The Signature turned out to be pretty good, for the name I would have used a different font (search "dafont" on google for thousands of fonts) and a different color so it would "pop"a bit more (color opposites could work better, but it's all just a preference). You can blur the background a bit more for the render to pop.

Color Opposites:

The drop shadow can work if you use a bigger canvas (workspace), now it just cuts off at the edges of the canvas. A smaller drop shadow works best (3 to 5 pixels).

Another thing you could try is to have an equal border, now it's small on top and thicker at the bottom. Same with the left/right side.

I'm not sure what program you're using but the drop shadow and the outline/border are easily done with photoshop.

"I am fire, I am Death"

My Gallery - My Staff Club

Xerofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #5
Spazaz Man

Spazaz Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerofox View Post
The Signature turned out to be pretty good, for the name I would have used a different font (search "dafont" on google for thousands of fonts) and a different color so it would "pop"a bit more (color opposites could work better, but it's all just a preference). You can blur the background a bit more for the render to pop.
I've been meaning to get some new fonts, as of right now i've only downloaded 3...I'll defenitely be getting some...I''ll try out your tip on the color opposites with the text, might be nice having bold text that stands out, haven't tried that before.

Quote:
The drop shadow can work if you use a bigger canvas (workspace), now it just cuts off at the edges of the canvas. A smaller drop shadow works best (3 to 5 pixels).
I noticed that after i posted :/ I'll try out a bigger canvas next time and see how that works out.

Quote:
Another thing you could try is to have an equal border, now it's small on top and thicker at the bottom. Same with the left/right side.
I'll be looking up how to do even borders :P the way i do borders right now is not very reliable as it relies only on my eye

Wow, that seriously helped bunches
This was my first attempt at a drop shadow on a signature. I'm gonna try another one later today using the tips that you gave me.

EDIT: I finished up my newest sig with your tips in mind and this is what i ended up with...thoughts?

Want a sig? Request one in my Gallery
"All great men have mustaches!" - Rod Kimble

Last edited by Spazaz Man; 07-30-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Spazaz Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
AntD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazaz Man View Post
That looks really nice, a great way to bring focus on his face and a good use of hot and cold colours going on there, even better is the fact the c4d effect is adding to the background rather than looking like an object/image thats just been placed there, great blending and good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazaz Man View Post
I'll be looking up how to do even borders :P the way i do borders right now is not very reliable as it relies only on my eye
For an even border you can either make a new layer, fill it then add an inner stroke using layer blending options, or make a new layer, use the marque tool, select the image, right click then click "Stroke..." That is if you use photoshop, i wouldn't know about any other program
AntD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
Figgypuddingxl

Figgypuddingxl's Gamercard
confusing...
Figgypuddingxl is offline   Reply With Quote