PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
xK Marcus

xK Marcus's Gamercard
Farkas won't leave me alone!

I'm doing Lost to the Ages quest, and quick travelled to Arkngthamz, When I arrived and headed to where I need to go, I ran into Farkas, who automatically stated conversing with me, apparently wanting to accompany me. The only option is to tell him to follow me, which doesn't work because I'm already travelling with someone. Everytime I back out of dialogue with him he follows me and the dialogue starts up again, he is following me everywhere and won't leave me alone, I can't kill him, what do I do??
xK Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xK Marcus View Post
I'm doing Lost to the Ages quest, and quick travelled to Arkngthamz, When I arrived and headed to where I need to go, I ran into Farkas, who automatically stated conversing with me, apparently wanting to accompany me. The only option is to tell him to follow me, which doesn't work because I'm already travelling with someone. Everytime I back out of dialogue with him he follows me and the dialogue starts up again, he is following me everywhere and won't leave me alone, I can't kill him, what do I do??
Tell your other follower to go their own way, then talk to him again. That might work.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
Hail Horror

Hail Horror's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Find out where you have a bounty, then go pay it off or serve the time.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
He just wants to get to know you better. Personally, I think you should give him that chance.

DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Falchion17

Falchion17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJConnelly View Post
He just wants to get to know you better. Personally, I think you should give him that chance.
Seriously, why are you being so hostile to his advances? You should make plans to go eat somewhere nice, maybe a picnic on the Throat of the World or a romantic dinner for two in the Ratways of Riften. Get to know each other some and see where it leads.

Falchion17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #6
Neverender

Deadpool x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Neverender   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
This happened to me, too. I let him join me and introduced him to this nice dragon. They lived happily ever after, minus the living part.

F I R E W A L K W I T H M E

Neverender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottttocs View Post
Tell your other follower to go their own way, then talk to him again. That might work.
Funny but I stopped having followers when I found out they could die. Same goes for the dog and a horse.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I had this problem at some point during the Companions questline, so I ended up looking it up and it said to save your game DIRECTLY in front of him, like face to face. Quit the game then load your save and talk to him, exit the conversation, and he should then leave and go back to Jorrvaskr.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #9
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
Funny but I stopped having followers when I found out they could die. Same goes for the dog and a horse.
i dont do companions either. they just get in the way. i've been watching some dude on youtube, doing a 'lets play' for skyrim, and he just has armies of people following him, mainly lydia, plus a conjured daedra plus one of the heros you can summon from sovnguard, plus any npc mission specific followers. it drove me crazy watching all these people killing everything for him. and the ammount of times he reloaded because lydia died was getting annoying.

the only good companion, imo, is serana because she is hard as shit and cant die.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
AllStarTC29sMom

ALLSTARTC29SMOM's Gamercard
I killed him using the Unrelenting Force shout off the Sky Forge's edge, even got an inheritance letter from the courier telling me that he left all of his worldly goods to me.
They a few days later he resurrected and he was fine and friendly. No more annoyance.
AllStarTC29sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:29 AM   #11
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
This happened to me too, I just shouted him off the Throat of the World and killed his brother Vilkas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and should be played by everyone.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:30 AM   #12
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Falkreath Thane Annoyances

I got to the stage where you assist three people. I was about to do this, but a dragon came by and killed all three possible NPCs to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and should be played by everyone.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote