PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Crimson Map Pack
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
I should be outlawed

How I got ODST and Special Delivery

I was playing on Solace earlier and was in a gun fight with an enemy. He ran at me and at this point both our shields were down to "1 shot" and we were fighting infront of the reddish orange mancannon.we both jumped at the same time and meleed each other at the same time killing each other at the same time. Both our bodies flew in the mancannon and we both died. I got both achievements and assume he did as well.

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place but I just had to share how much luck went into this. I hope this can help others and can maybe be used as a tip to getting these 2 what I thought were going to be annoying achievements.
I should be outlawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
DGK Chris

Send a message via AIM to DGK Chris

voL Gucci's Gamercard
What I did was follow the flag carrier off a mancannon and did a mid air assassination. I also go the achievement for beating a person down after landing from a mancannon
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
AeroSpartacus

AeroSpartacus's Gamercard
Not sure how, but I got Special Delivery just punching a guy in the face with no man-cannons involved. He stuck me right before and I may have been jumping at the time, if that helps.
AeroSpartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
Strange, I got the ODST achievement just by being in midair and killing an opponent before hitting the ground. I was surprised it unlocked.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
I got ODST and Special Delivery with my first kill on the map pack. There was no man cannon on the map and I wasnt even jumping, go figure.
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
Jirachi

Jirachi's Gamercard
I just got Special Delivery after the player I melee'd as I landed committed suicide.

I also got ODST on Shatter earlier in a DMR duel.

Last edited by Jirachi; 12-11-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Jirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #7
SkullFire58

SkullFire58's Gamercard
I got a sticky kill from the grave and because he jumped before it exploded, I got ODST.
SkullFire58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #8
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I jump off the ledge of a building and melee'd a guy but I got blasted with a incinerator cannon then I got both achievements.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #9
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just for the record, are all these random early unlocks all on DLC maps? Is there anyone who's manged to get any of these on launch maps yet?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #10
thenutman69321

TheNutman69321's Gamercard
I just got ODST and Special Delivery standing on flat ground no where near a man cannon. A guy shot me to death and I melee'd him to death at the same time (both standing on flat ground, not even jumping) and both unlocked.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #11
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
I got OSDT drop in Shattered I was on the belcony shooting down where the rocket launcher is in the middle for Charlie (extraction) where the turrets are, and shooting down at an enemy and I threw a grenade fell, died and he died (kill from the grave grenade kill) and I got the Ach! I was wtf....LOL
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:00 AM   #12
Scott84

This is how I got it on both accounts.

The first time I didn't understand. So I tried another account to see if I could do it again.

I stick'ied someone right before he was going to kill me.. i push the jetpack as soon as i threw the sticky... it popped like that both times.

We both died.

Retail:
Avatar: TBE, Call of Duty 2, Call of Juarez, College Hoops 2K6, Condemned: Criminal Origins (970), Gears of War 2 (1750/1750), Gun, Halo 3 (1420/1750) Halo: Reach (1312/1700), Halo 4(1880/2000) King Kong, Lost: Via Domus, Madden 06, NBA 2K6, NHL2K6, NHL 07, Prey, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Time Shift (1110/1250)

Arcade:
3 on 3 NHL Arcade, Banjo Kazooie, Bomberman Live, Dash of Destruction, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Harm's Way, Ms. Pac-man, Wolfenstein 3D
Scott84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #13
II D0NUT II

II D0NUT II's Gamercard
I was hiding by the orange mancannon on wreckage and a guy was about to use it but i jumped out to early so we fought and i beat him down then both achievers popped maybe just standing by the mancannon can help...
II D0NUT II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #14
BiggD
73 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
Just for the record, are all these random early unlocks all on DLC maps? Is there anyone who's manged to get any of these on launch maps yet?
I'm 99% certain that they HAVE to be done on the Crimson Maps. The Achievement description states, "In Crimson DLC Matchmaking...blah blah"

So I don't think the launch-maps will work.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
sanctusmortis

sanctusmortis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I'm 99% certain that they HAVE to be done on the Crimson Maps. The Achievement description states, "In Crimson DLC Matchmaking...blah blah"

So I don't think the launch-maps will work.
They won't pop on normal maps, it clearly states "Crimson DLC playlist".

10 Retail (Lego Harry Potter 1+2, Assassins Creed 2, Fable 2 and all DLC, Fallout 3 and all DLC, Bully, King Kong, Harry Potter OOTP and HBP, Far Cry 3)
10 Arcade (State of Decay, Deadlight, Fez, 1 vs 100, Dash of Destruction, Banjo-Kazooie, Fable Pub Games, Battlefield 1943, Dead Rising: Case Zero, Costume Quest with DLC)
sanctusmortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #16
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
I got odst on foot by throwing a grenade at a hog, it was on harvest that doesn't even have a man cannon the only other I've got so far is the clay pigeon one which is easy to get if you keep on the hill in wreckage long enough.

I've not really been looking at the cheevos, it just feels good to have new maps to run around and act like a big kid on.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #17
General Boredom

general boredom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I got ODST after calling in an ordinance.

No, I am NOT the AVGN!
General Boredom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #18
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Boredom View Post
I got ODST after calling in an ordinance.
LMFAO!!
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #19
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
Got ODST from a random 1v1, but Special Delivery was more interesting. I was on Wreckage infinity Slayer. Killed some guy with DMR, another approaches. I shoot his shields off while we move closer to eachother. He threw a plasma nade and stuck me, I got close enough to get a double kill with his sticky and got the achievement. I was a happy man lol
Old 12-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #20
A Mute Finale

Send a message via Skype™ to A Mute Finale

A Mute Finale's Gamercard
I threw a plasma at a warthog and unlocked ODST.
A Mute Finale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #21
quocviet0908

ArbiterVN's Gamercard
I got both cheevos by punching a guy, he didn't die by that hit but the splash damage from his railgun finished both of us, then the cheevos popped lol.
quocviet0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
TIM RLZ

AHP LEVIATHAN's Gamercard
I got ODST achievement by sticking a warthog and getting a triple kill, no man cannon involved. In fact, every achievement that had somthing to do with a man cannon I have unlocked without being even remotely close to a man cannon. The one where you have to get a kill on the warthog machine gun while in mid air I also got while on the ground...
TIM RLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #23
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransonicPower View Post
Got ODST from a random 1v1, but Special Delivery was more interesting. I was on Wreckage infinity Slayer. Killed some guy with DMR, another approaches. I shoot his shields off while we move closer to eachother. He threw a plasma nade and stuck me, I got close enough to get a double kill with his sticky and got the achievement. I was a happy man lol

Forgot to mention, the match before I unlocked those achievements was on Wreckage too. I launched from a man cannon, saw an enemy in the landing area, shot his shieds down and he shot mine. When I landed, we traded melee kills. No achievement unlocked LOL So doing it the way the achievement says doesn't work.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #24
Hottub Cowboy

Hottub Cowboy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I was bouncing on the man cannon at the enemy base and as someone walked by I melee killed him. This popped all 3 of the Man Cannon achievements including ODST.
Hottub Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #25
BiggD
73 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanctusmortis View Post
They won't pop on normal maps, it clearly states "Crimson DLC playlist".
Yes I'm aware... -__-

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #26
DropDeadArtemus

DropDeadArtemus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I was very surprised when I got both. I threw a grenade and stuck one guy. I then went through the man cannon where his buddy was standing. When the plasma went off, I was in the air. It killed the guy it was stuck to and took the shield away from the guy near the man cannon. As soon as I landed, I melee'd the guy still standing. I was shocked to see that 2 for 60G pop up.

DropDeadArtemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #27
Dannyp555

stdan666's Gamercard
i did some thing similar
Dannyp555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #28
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
For some odd reason I got the 'ODST' achievement (as well as 'David and Goliath' and 'Pump Yer Brakes') after boarding an enemy Mantis and killing it with a plasma grenade. The achievements are definitely glitchy, but not in a bad way.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote