PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Anarchy Reigns
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
xD Rick
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to xD Rick

xD Rick's Gamercard
Achievement tips and questions

Hy guys.
Been playng this awesome game for the past 2 days, and wanted to share some info.
All the achievements that requires to kill xxx enemys with xxx weapon can be done in free missions, so donīt stress about it as you enjoy the game.
As an example, the one which you have to kill 50 enemies with a hijacked unmaned bot helicopter thing you just have to replay the White Side Stage 2, Free Mission 1, as you start with a hijacked helicoper thing and it have infinite missiles.

For the rifle kills, thereīs also a free mission that gives you the weapon with infinite ammo, but I canīt remenber which one, as soon as I get home later Iīll post it here.

You can double up the achievements that requires 50 killer weapons kills and the one for 50 kills while in rampage, as it gives infinite killer weapon bar.

I got one of the achievements for killing certain boss under 5 minutes, with Jack, first try.
The other one though I havenīt been able yet, both sides. Will try again with some character you can play by level select, provided you unlocked him/her.
Thatīs worth mentioning too, you can select any character when you replay stages via level select, thus making some battles easier.

Have to try Hard dificult yet, but Iīve had some trouble on Normal in a couple of parts.
As the achievements for completing the game without retring and killing all the bosses in rampage mode and killing all the bosses with killer weapon.
But I really unsure if the characters you unlock after defeating are counted as bosses or no.

Well, if anyone knows a way to get the stealth item for the 10 throws from behind while in stealth achievement I thank you in advance, as I got just one single time in the entire campaign, both sides included. Nevermind, I got this one too. On hard Iīve managed to get the item 2 times on first stage. Can be a coincidence though. Grab the item, look for a group of baddies then use the item and just grab them from behind, if you have 10 guys in the group, 1 item is more than enough to get the cheevo.

Edit. Played on Hard yesterday, starting on White Side, and it is really hard. For real.
Enemies take a lot more to die, you take a lot less. The bosses are really, really cheap with you.
If they put you airborne, be certain they will juggle you to death. Attacks do some absurd damage, and in most cases itīs a 1 hit kill.
As the game does not have any kind of upgrade, neither a New Game +, you can start right on Hard, saving you a couple of playthroughs.

And looking on the extras menu, under the character viewer, I noticed there is at least 1 more char for me to unlocked, which is called Gargoyle. No clue on how to unlock him, though.

This is it guys, as soon as I found out more Iīll post here, or if anyone have questions about the game, feel free to ask, Iīll try my best to help.

Edit. Based on info from other members, the dificulties are not stackable, so the game requires 4 playtroughs minimum, starting on each side on normal and hard.

Edit again. Just got the cheevo for all characters. Gargoyle unlocked when I finished the campaign on hard, starting white side.
Also got the Kill all the bosses with the chainsaw. It popped in Stage 2, Main Mission 3 as soon as I killed Jack with Leoīs killer weapons.
So itīs completely safe to say you must kill ALL the end mission Characters, and yes, the bosses which appear more than once must be killed every time with killer weapon.
I can confirm this, cause I already have killed Jack with killer weapons before, but it popped just now, on my third playthrough, white side stage 2.
At least now we know that the kills carry on to subsequent playthroughs.

Last edited by xD Rick; 07-14-2012 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Update
xD Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Predator Pete

I've got it sitting in my pile of shame at the moment. Just trying to clear out a few arcade games before settling into some Max Anarchy. Curious though mate, does the game support English either in text or voice? Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far.
Predator Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator Pete View Post
I've got it sitting in my pile of shame at the moment. Just trying to clear out a few arcade games before settling into some Max Anarchy. Curious though mate, does the game support English either in text or voice? Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far.
Yes, the entire game is in English, voice, text, menus, everything.
Even the buildings and all has everything written in English.
I think the language is dashboard based, because when I played the game, it already started in English.

I just donīt think you sould be ashamed, itīs really a good, fun game.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
il1971

IL1971's Gamercard
Any help on which characters count as "bosses" would be appreciated if anyone knows
il1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by il1971 View Post
Any help on which characters count as "bosses" would be appreciated if anyone knows
I Know for sure Cthullu, Kraken, the BPS leader guy are bosses.
Killed them all with Killer weapon but didnīt got the cheevo, so I guess all the non-playable character are counted as bosses. Or It can be all the guys that arenīt regular goons, who knows...
Also, I donīt know if you have to do it in one playthrough, via stage select or if starting a new campaingn will reset the counter.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
il1971

IL1971's Gamercard
Yeah I would have guessed the kraken,etc were included.My guess would be Big bull,blacker baron,durga (twice?),garuda,zero nikolai,oinkie,douglas,rin rin fei rin,ai rin,max but also probably leo,jack,sasha,mathilda.I would guess they all carry through to multiple playthrough or level select as the unlockable characters do.No idea how to unlock gargoyle,maybe on the hard playthrough? How do you unlock the character from survival mode?
Old 07-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by il1971 View Post
Yeah I would have guessed the kraken,etc were included.My guess would be Big bull,blacker baron,durga (twice?),garuda,zero nikolai,oinkie,douglas,rin rin fei rin,ai rin,max but also probably leo,jack,sasha,mathilda.I would guess they all carry through to multiple playthrough or level select as the unlockable characters do.No idea how to unlock gargoyle,maybe on the hard playthrough? How do you unlock the character from survival mode?
Replayed the levels which bosses I didnīt killed with killer weapons, doing it this time.
No cheevo. Maybe because I used Max..

Also, I think that character from survival mode would be Gargoyle.
Tried once this mode yesterday, but reached only wave 9.
Survival gives you 10min to beat 10 waves, which is not hard at all, but enemy reinforcements keep appearing all the time, and the 2 AI partners dont do much in terms of eficiency.

If you want to give it a shot, Iīll be on live tonight, we can obliterate survival to see if we can dig something from there.

Last edited by xD Rick; 07-12-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
il1971

IL1971's Gamercard
Great stuff I'll see if I can join you.Send me an invite if you see me online.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
iNf3Rn0 Lan

iNf3Rn0 Lan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Just saying, I don't believe the difficulty achievements are stackable. I did the first level on Hard and didn't unlock the achievement for completing it on normal as well unfortunately.

iNf3Rn0 Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #10
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNf3Rn0 Lan View Post
Just saying, I don't believe the difficulty achievements are stackable. I did the first level on Hard and didn't unlock the achievement for completing it on normal as well unfortunately.
Thanks for the info man, edited first post.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
il1971

IL1971's Gamercard
Quote:

How the hell do you beat garuda and durga together playing as max on hard?

Last edited by il1971; 07-13-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #12
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Dome things are confusing me:

1: How do I kill a Helicopter Drone with it's own missile? It just goes into a hijacked state as soon as I hit it with anything it seems.

2: The "Evade 5 throws" one. I was thrown ONCE during the entire campaign. Do they throw more often on hard, or what? Also, which button do you break throws with? Or are you just supposed to dodge to avoid them?

3: I started my campaign on the black side, will all my progress be deleted when I restart at the white side?
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #13
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
Dome things are confusing me:

1: How do I kill a Helicopter Drone with it's own missile? It just goes into a hijacked state as soon as I hit it with anything it seems.

2: The "Evade 5 throws" one. I was thrown ONCE during the entire campaign. Do they throw more often on hard, or what? Also, which button do you break throws with? Or are you just supposed to dodge to avoid them?

3: I started my campaign on the black side, will all my progress be deleted when I restart at the white side?
1 = Just wait till he open his bottom and launch a missile at you. When itīs close enough, press B to grab hte missile, then lock on him and throw it back at him. On normal they enter the hijack state with just one hit.

2 = On hard the bosses grab you all the time, just keep blocking and circling them. But you have to know the animation sequence,and as soon as t start, press B. I need just 1 more, and could not counter anymore, some enemies have a really quick throw.

3 = I donīt know about the killer weapons and rampage progress, but I assure you that kills and weapons specific achievements do no restart.

Hope it helps.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #14
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xD Rick View Post
1 = Just wait till he open his bottom and launch a missile at you. When itīs close enough, press B to grab hte missile, then lock on him and throw it back at him. On normal they enter the hijack state with just one hit.
Yes, and I've done it sveral times, doesn't count, I assume you have to get the "blackhawk down" bonus with a missile. I've even thrown one just as he shot another one, grabbed that one and thrown at him as well, but it isn't enough to kill, not even close.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #15
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
Yes, and I've done it sveral times, doesn't count, I assume you have to get the "blackhawk down" bonus with a missile. I've even thrown one just as he shot another one, grabbed that one and thrown at him as well, but it isn't enough to kill, not even close.
For me, on normal he died with just one missile.
Sorry, I donīt know what can be happening.
I got it on the very first heli drone that appeared in the game.
Stage 2, I think.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #16
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
For me, on normal he died with just one missile.
Sorry, I donīt know what can be happening.
I got it on the very first heli drone that appeared in the game.
Stage 2, I think.
Maybe it needs to be one in a mission, and not just some random one when freeroaming. I'll try it when I play through the white side first.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #17
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Got the helicopter one now. I had to do it on the Helicopter Drone on Black side, stage 1, main mission 02, that one didn't get jackable when I hit it.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #18
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Iīve got the Max Anarchy achievement.
Played on normal, starting on white side.
I can confirm that if you die, just pause the game before a retrie is deducted and return to the main menu, or choose retire.
Both works, as Iīve done so many times, specially in that damn mission where you have to take out a whole bunch of Gargoyles, on black side.
Still missing one throw escape, gonna try against Nikolai, his throw is the easier to avoid.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #19
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Personally I'm gonna go with Durga for the grab techs. He grabbed me a lot. I also managed to tech him randomly once in the 2v2 fight vs him and Garuda.

EDIT: No, Nikolai seems like a better choice. Got the achi now.

Last edited by Doopliss SWE; 07-16-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #20
Born Apophis

Born Knight 74's Gamercard
Great work, Rick - I really didn't like the game much, but I'm still trying to play it to the end.

Started in Hard, White Side, but as noticed i'ts very hard... I'm thinking to end the game in Normal first, and then I can try the Hard mode again.

Just to be sure: all the achievements can be done offline?
Born Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #21
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Apophis View Post
Great work, Rick - I really didn't like the game much, but I'm still trying to play it to the end.

Started in Hard, White Side, but as noticed i'ts very hard... I'm thinking to end the game in Normal first, and then I can try the Hard mode again.

Just to be sure: all the achievements can be done offline?
Oh yes my dear friend, the game isnīt that easy, but with a little practice you can handle it just fine.
I strongly recomend to start on normal, so you can get a hang of things.
And to answer your question, you can do everything offline, thanks to God thereīs not a single MP achievement!

Last edited by xD Rick; 07-17-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #22
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
Still haven't brought myself to start this game. The resolution is terrible. I was expecting better coming from the same developers as Vanquish and Bayonetta. Its all blurry and appears out of focus.

Maybe one day.
DOPE BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
Born Apophis

Born Knight 74's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh yes my dear friend, the game isnīt that easy, but with a little practice you can handle it just fine.
I strongly recomend to start on normal, so you can get a hang of things.
And to answer your question, you can do everything offline, thanks to God thereīs not a single MP achievement!
Thanks Master Rick!

This was a nice thing by them... even with the game being more Multiplayer oriented, all offline achievements it's a (big) plus.

I will start a new game today, in Normal. Maybe with more a fun gameplay, my initial opinion of the game changes.

By the way, you being a Bayonetta fan, you knew that there's seem to be a Japanase Pre-Order Bonus to unlock her as a playable characther? Cheers!
Born Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #24
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Apophis View Post
Thanks Master Rick!

This was a nice thing by them... even with the game being more Multiplayer oriented, all offline achievements it's a (big) plus.

I will start a new game today, in Normal. Maybe with more a fun gameplay, my initial opinion of the game changes.

By the way, you being a Bayonetta fan, you knew that there's seem to be a Japanase Pre-Order Bonus to unlock her as a playable characther? Cheers!
Oh yes, I know.
And as sure as hell Iīll replay this game to death just because of her.
Have I told you Iīve finished Bayonetta 20 times? First 3 was to get full GS, the other 17 just because I love her so much!
Canīt wait till they put her DLC on Marketplace, as I havenīt pre-ordered this game.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #25
Kb420mcl

Serillakilla187's Gamercard
Is their some way to get items without being in a mission? Also anyone know a good spot to get anarchy clockwork drone?
Kb420mcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #26
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb420mcl View Post
Is their some way to get items without being in a mission?
Kill 20 enemies, then it will start to rain, and a stronger enemy will come. Defeat it, and a monster holding a box with a random item will appear.

Also, sometimes the slot machines start spinning, seems to be random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb420mcl View Post
Also anyone know a good spot to get anarchy clockwork drone?
I did it in the first free mission on black side chapter 3 (think it was?), where you face a lot of drones on the rooftops. Note that it doesn't count as a kill if you just make other drones ready to explode, you need to detonate them with the drone you throw.

Last edited by Doopliss SWE; 07-17-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #27
iNf3Rn0 Lan

iNf3Rn0 Lan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Just a thought, is the only way to unlock Gargoyle by reaching level 22 in multiplayer? If you don't unlock him after completing the campaign (have yet to complete it), then technically the achievement for unlocking all characters would be online.

iNf3Rn0 Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #28
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Just a thought, is the only way to unlock Gargoyle by reaching level 22 in multiplayer? If you don't unlock him after completing the campaign (have yet to complete it), then technically the achievement for unlocking all characters would be online.
You can get him from singleplayer too. I don't have gold atm, and I just got 1000/1000.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #29
xD Rick
Banned User

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
It unlocked for me when I finished the game on hard for the first time.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #30
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Gargoyle unlocks when you've beaten both red sides.