Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-18-2007, 08:22 AM   #31
Kif

Send a message via AIM to Kif Send a message via MSN to Kif

FREE SHRUGS's Gamercard
What I don't get is how the new chapters come into achievements. The new content is between acts 4 and 5, so is all the new content in campaign the secret achievement?

Kif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #32
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kif View Post
What I don't get is how the new chapters come into achievements. The new content is between acts 4 and 5, so is all the new content in campaign the secret achievement?
I'm guessing the only secret achievement is for killing the Brumak on Hardcore like the other "boss" achievements.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #33
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Do you guys think they will add 250? Can they add 250 to computer games?
Old 10-19-2007, 10:01 PM   #34
bplayak
Maximum Club's King & Super Mod

bplayak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Super Moderator   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - bplayak   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Yeah I just read the PC achievement list and i am "SERIOUSLY" disappointed. I love gears, my favorite game ever. BUT 20,000 kills!?!?!?!? C'MON! What a joke. I mean normally you play ranked or player and I really don't like boosting for this game. It was fun getting the seriously on it's own merits. It better be allowed in annex or that new capture mode in this game. I wish they came up with some different achievements as well. At least ten different achievements.

Creech's workhorse!
Feel free to Follow me on Xbox One!
Follow me on Twitter!
bplayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:19 PM   #35
Darth Odan

Darth Odan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent or AMD Athlon XP or equivalent
RAM: 512MB
Hard Drive: 6.5GB
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB video card with Pixel Shader 1.1 support or equivalent
Other: Supported videocards: nVidia GeForce 3 series or better, excluding GeForce 4MX model series, ATI Radeon9500 series or better, keyboard, mouse

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS
Processor 2.4+ GHz Intel; 2.0+ Ghz AMD
RAM 1 GB
Hard Drive 12 GB free hard drive space
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 6600+, ATI X700+
Online Multi-player: Broadband Internet Connection, Games for Windows -- LIVE Gold Subscription

I found it in the Gears of War Forum in Epic Games.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:12 AM   #36
Curtis

Currrtissss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
But you can use your 360 controller to play it on PC can't ya?

I don't think 20,000 kills is that bad tbo. A difficult achievement for once.

x
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #37
lostmotiv

LostMotiv's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i was considering getting this game if at least most of the achievements were different but when i saw they pretty much exactly the same i have no interest what so ever in picking up this game. Unless i find it bargin bin for like 10$ i aint touching it and even then i might not... I can't justify buying the exact same game again on a different platform for a small amount of new content and 1 boss fight.. not worth the time just to get to that boss fight.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:06 PM   #38
xENVxGAMERSKREW

Send a message via ICQ to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via AIM to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via MSN to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Yahoo to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Skype™ to xENVxGAMERSKREW

xENVxGAMERSKREW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmotiv View Post
i was considering getting this game if at least most of the achievements were different but when i saw they pretty much exactly the same i have no interest what so ever in picking up this game. Unless i find it bargin bin for like 10$ i aint touching it and even then i might not... I can't justify buying the exact same game again on a different platform for a small amount of new content and 1 boss fight.. not worth the time just to get to that boss fight.
yeah i already bought gears 2wice cause one broke and i loved it plus it was hecka fun and i was in a gears clan (3) so yeah... unless its rediculatly cheap around 19.99 or lower i wont consider it plus i might return gears for gears hahaa if its that cheap

and its coming out tomorrow for $49.99 http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=647168 woa c'mon put it atleast in the 29-39 area...
Old 11-05-2007, 11:49 PM   #39
Tained sainity

ShadowEpyon10's Gamercard
Good news everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplayak View Post
Yeah I just read the PC achievement list and i am "SERIOUSLY" disappointed. I love gears, my favorite game ever. BUT 20,000 kills!?!?!?!? C'MON! What a joke. I mean normally you play ranked or player and I really don't like boosting for this game. It was fun getting the seriously on it's own merits. It better be allowed in annex or that new capture mode in this game. I wish they came up with some different achievements as well. At least ten different achievements.

As the title says I proberbly come bearing some of the best news so far since this thread (not being big-headed) it turns out that if you do have seriously all ready then no need for you to get it again as the second that gears loads up on pC all the achievements you have on 360 unlock for PC so all you have to do is do not so seriously and the secret (which really proberbly isn't so secret) for everyone that has all the achievements on 360 you lucky people I am no where near it but I don't know when I will get this game so by the time I get the game I might be close hopefully but yeah for all you people who want it on PC for multiplayer and don't want the hassle of seriously as you have it no worry and also co-op is free if you have silver account
Tained sainity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #40
RA1NKING
Banned User

Where did you hear that all the pc achievements unlock if you have the x360 ones? One of my friends is playing and he didnt get all the same achievements unlock.
Myabe its just for seriously ? i dunno.
RA1NKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #41
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
Well that's news to me. I was going on current status, where LIVE is not available on XP. As of right now I'm correct.
Well now that the game is out, does XP work? for achievements?
Gun-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #42
bplayak
Maximum Club's King & Super Mod

bplayak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Super Moderator   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - bplayak   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
I can confirm that XP does in fact work for achievements. I can also confirm that "seriously" or any other achievements DO NOT unlock if you have the achievements on the xbox 360 version. I can also confirm that if you play through on Hardcore it also unlocks the achievements for Casual.

Creech's workhorse!
Feel free to Follow me on Xbox One!
Follow me on Twitter!
bplayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 PM   #43
Kif

Send a message via AIM to Kif Send a message via MSN to Kif

FREE SHRUGS's Gamercard
Yeah I started playing it today and Act 1 didn't unlock for me either. Still no idea about the secret achievement though.

Kif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:32 AM   #44
lckynuts

Send a message via ICQ to lckynuts Send a message via AIM to lckynuts Send a message via MSN to lckynuts

xLUCKYxNUTSx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
i also can confirm that the achievements dont unlock if u have the 360 version that is probably the stupidist rumor i have ever heard. aslo if any one gets the game message me so we can do sum co op.

100 percent retail- 45
100 percant arcade - 23
lckynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #45
KewlBrettC

Send a message via AIM to KewlBrettC

KewlBrettC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplayak View Post
I can confirm that XP does in fact work for achievements. I can also confirm that "seriously" or any other achievements DO NOT unlock if you have the achievements on the xbox 360 version. I can also confirm that if you play through on Hardcore it also unlocks the achievements for Casual.
what? is that why you unlocked the exact same achievements on both? wow you people are stupid. they are seperate games and all achievements will unlock if you meet the requirements.

and Kif, you dont even have the game. (neither do i, but i dont go around claiming things dont unlock for something i dont have)

KewlBrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #46
fatman117

Binary Death's Gamercard
Secret Achievement "SPOILERS"

Hey, I don't know if it's been posted before, but I just got the "Secret achievement and I can confirm that it's to

SPOILERS?????

kill the brumak on hardcore difficulty. If i'm the first to say, that's cool i've always wanted to contribute a secret ach. Hope this helps.

Also whoever said that if you have to 360 achievements they transfer to pc, are you high?

That is also not true.
fatman117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #47
F089H

Zerohe's Gamercard
Exclamation

Awww that will be Super easy.I have 42,000+ Ranked Kills and Probably just as many in Player matches so I would get both in like a month.

TOO FREAKIN EASY!!!

Mostly Just Playing Gears1 Ranked These Days.If you need Help in a game, check my played games, and send me a message if you would like my help.
F089H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #48
DARK LORD RYAN

DARK LORD RYAN's Gamercard
I think I'm gonna buy this one even if the achievements are exactly the same! Are the new maps for multiplayer any good?

Trading achievements on:
  • Halo Reach
  • Fable 2
  • Any other game I've got in common with you

DARK LORD RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #49
Tained sainity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman117 View Post
Hey, I don't know if it's been posted before, but I just got the "Secret achievement and I can confirm that it's to

SPOILERS?????

kill the brumak on hardcore difficulty. If i'm the first to say, that's cool i've always wanted to contribute a secret ach. Hope this helps.

Also whoever said that if you have to 360 achievements they transfer to pc, are you high?

That is also not true.

I would like to say that I read that information off of IGN.com
and I quote "For Achievement junkies, Gears PC gives you points on top of what you may have already earned with the Xbox 360 version. So even if you've beaten the game on Microsoft's console, you get credit for all the same Achievements again on PC."

Here's the link if no-one believes me
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/832/832195p2.html

and you might have to go into the options menu or something or try and have a look in instructions thats what I have tought of that might be what to do.

So no I am not high
Old 11-20-2007, 03:07 AM   #50
KewlBrettC

Send a message via AIM to KewlBrettC

KewlBrettC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Submit - Bronze
you are still high! they are saying that the achievements are seprate from the Xbox 360 version, so you can ACHIEVE THEM AGAIN. And please you dont even have the game for PC, so dont go around talking like you know what the f*** is going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tained sainity View Post
I would like to say that I read that information off of IGN.com
and I quote "For Achievement junkies, Gears PC gives you points on top of what you may have already earned with the Xbox 360 version. So even if you've beaten the game on Microsoft's console, you get credit for all the same Achievements again on PC."

Here's the link if no-one believes me
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/832/832195p2.html

and you might have to go into the options menu or something or try and have a look in instructions thats what I have tought of that might be what to do.

So no I am not high

KewlBrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #51
Tained sainity

Ok fine but you dont need to go around like a jackass and go oh your high but in that perspective I see where your coming from and also that doesn't bother having to do it again but it would be cool if u actually could import them all that u have into the PC or all the kills for seriously and I do know I don't have it
Old 11-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #52
Sthetic

STHETIC28's Gamercard
hopefully as soon as i up my gamercard on my pc if it shows that i only need two achievements for this game the not so seriously and shock therapy one b/c i already got all 1250 poins for my 360.
Sthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #53
tmthomsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthetic View Post
hopefully as soon as i up my gamercard on my pc if it shows that i only need two achievements for this game the not so seriously and shock therapy one b/c i already got all 1250 poins for my 360.
No you have to earn them all again.

I completed the game in casual first and then started on insane. I got quite surprised when I saw I unlocked achievements for both hardcore and insane, when I completed act 1. I also got the achievement for the berserker, even though it claimed it had to be killed on Hardcore.

Oh, and what a great game. Don't have a Xbox, so I'm completely new to GoW. Excellent game.

Now we just need more online servers.
tmthomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #54
xLCDx
Banned User

LCD x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
In case you are wondering there is a new gametype, is called King of The Hill. Its exactly like annex without the points.
xLCDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:25 AM   #55
F089H

Zerohe's Gamercard
It's taking forever.Because hardly anyone ever plays online in the PC Version, and I'm trying to break the top 100 in the 360 version(Warzone Rank 192, 40K Kills,22K Deaths)

P.S Birthday post ?

Mostly Just Playing Gears1 Ranked These Days.If you need Help in a game, check my played games, and send me a message if you would like my help.
F089H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:27 AM   #56
tmthomsen

They should have made the game cross platform. :/

Ranked games are hard to come by on the pc, but there's always 6-8 normal games up.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:44 PM   #57
DARK LORD RYAN

DARK LORD RYAN's Gamercard
So does knowone play this in ranked.... That's going to bee enoying....

Trading achievements on:
  • Halo Reach
  • Fable 2
  • Any other game I've got in common with you

DARK LORD RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:51 PM   #58
tmthomsen

Not yet. Ranked games require a Gold account, which PC gamers don't really want to buy.

And why should they? Only thing they'll get is achievements.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:29 PM   #59
Tained sainity

True and there are only four games out there on PC that support achievements (Gears of War, Halo 2, shadowrun and Kane and Lynch: Dead Men) so it might not be worth it they are thinking but a way in which they do get a better deal is that they can have a silver account and do co-op because you can't do that on 360
Old 11-29-2007, 09:55 PM   #60
tmthomsen

Don't forget Viva Pinata

Oh, and Shadowrun and Halo 2 are only able to run on Vista. Else many more would had bought them - including me. But, sadly, if you want to play games, XP is the way to go for better performance.

I don't like Vista either. They should had sticked to their old formula, instead of trying to attract mac people.