PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > UFC 2009 Undisputed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
StillRobbie

Beastn 24 7's Gamercard
Ooh, in ya face.. solved

Alright, I use this site quite frequently and I have been having trouble with the Ooh, in ya face achievement. No one seemed to have a for sure answer how to get this achievement, I mean it seems pretty self explanitory. I tried every method possible from step attacks to superman punches and nothing. I thought for sure it was glitched. The one detail that everyone seems to leave out is that it has to be a counter hit!!!!!! I tried forever to get this achievement and my buddy and I were boosting and he counter punched me with a superman punch, I dropped, and then it popped up. I then tried the counter superman punch (but it wasnt a good one) and I didnt get it but then I tried it again with a nice counter superman punch and BAMMMMMMMMMMM, I got it.

To make it much easier I used a suggested method and created a fighter with max striking and strength and my buddy made one with the stats all the way down. I used a kickboxer so I could use the superman punch.
StillRobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:59 AM   #2
Barrowland

BARROWLAND's Gamercard
sounds like a good one. i done that to my mate earlier but it was mid game never thot bout doin it at the start. welcome to the site i guess lol properly i mean
Old 05-26-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
Cla55y

Bond OO7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Silver   GSL 11 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
already solved :/ basically what i said in the latest post about 6hrs ago

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=148999
Old 05-26-2009, 01:08 AM   #4
StillRobbie

Beastn 24 7's Gamercard
U sure did

I had been keeping up with that forum until I got the achievement earlier, but thats it. I figured I would post a new thread so it would be in plainer view.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:14 AM   #5
DJ SMILEY

DJ SMILEY 24 7's Gamercard
i was having trouble with this my self followed stillrobbies post and worked 1st time
DJ SMILEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:14 AM   #6
Cla55y

Bond OO7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Silver   GSL 11 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillRobbie View Post
I had been keeping up with that forum until I got the achievement earlier, but thats it. I figured I would post a new thread so it would be in plainer view.
maybe you should get it put in the achievement guide. at the minute the guide description is pretty shit saying that it is basically luck. cant be in plainer view there

EDIT: in fact this is exactly what it says which seems completely wrong

"Ooh, in ya face!
Win a fight by flash KO in a Xbox LIVE Ranked Match with a CAF or UFC fighter.

This CANNOT be a combo. You must get lucky and knock out an opponent in a freak super man punch. Easily done when their stamina is down to a point where they are gasping for air and they look wobbly. It may be boosted."

Last edited by Cla55y; 05-26-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Cla55y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:23 AM   #7
StillRobbie

Beastn 24 7's Gamercard
Yeah I follow those guides thinking that they have the correct information and I ended up spending way too much time on this easy achievement because I was mislead. Hopefully he will update the guide to clear some things up.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:25 AM   #8
Cla55y

Bond OO7's Gamercard

he better do it soon b4 other people start reading that and complaining on the forums
Old 05-26-2009, 02:29 AM   #9
Thegreatest7884

Send a message via AIM to Thegreatest7884

Vantagonist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
All I did to get it was when my opponent went for the double leg, I lined up an uppercut and out went the lights. Hold down LB and look for an opening and fire away.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #10
JorWat

JorWat's Gamercard
Just got the achievement on Nov 5, so its def possible to still get.
Went in with as Cain VS. Brock, ran over to him hit him with a straight body punch, backed up ran at him again went for the same hit but he blocked. I then went for a power hit to his head, it connects KO, in the replay you could see he leaned forwards for a power hit to my head so it was a counter hit.

Last edited by JorWat; 11-05-2010 at 11:34 PM.
JorWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:08 AM   #11
DoomzDay928

DoomzDay928's Gamercard
Yeah this isn't completely glitched but its for sure glitchy ill give this method a shot.
DoomzDay928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #12
Jeff 0ff

Jeff 0ff's Gamercard
Thanks will give this another go!
Jeff 0ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:39 AM   #13
mickspawn

Feared aussie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
i have played a few hundred games and cannot get this (me or my friend)
anyone got any ideas or can help me with this?
Old 07-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #14
AiriZona11

AiriZona11's Gamercard
I actually just got this today without even knowing the fuss its causing. I just used Tito Ortiz and Fought Rampage Jackson and as soon as it started I hit LB+X over and over and happened to land a perfect counter. Not sure if this will help but it got it for me.
AiriZona11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #15
OstinatoBass

OstinatoBass's Gamercard
I just got this achievement after many (many) attempts. I got pretty good at counter punch flash ko's but it never popped. So my advice for those still trying to get this glitchy achievement is just keep on trying to get counter ko's. You may get it right away or it may take many hours.
OstinatoBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #16
MaseJ

masej's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cla55y View Post
he better do it soon b4 other people start reading that and complaining on the forums
Quite while ago this was posted but the guide still reads the same
Glad I've still got a fair few fights to go towards lvl 50 so I can get this cheevo along the way now. Thanks!!!

Completed:
| Retail: 105 | Arcade: 60 |

Last Game Completed:
| Retail | Rugby 15 | (3/12/14) |
| Arcade | Gotham City Impostors | (2/12/14) |

Boosting:
| NPPL Championship Paintball 2009: 80/1000 | GTA IV + DLC: 655/1500 |
MaseJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #17
Fire Hawk D

Fire Hawk GYJS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Here's some more data: I was letting someone win against me to gain some levels. During the final match, he started laying into me (as Brock Lesner). He knocked me into a gassed state, and seeing as how I was getting bored, I tried to get a right hook in. But, he knocked me out...and, bing. Achievement unlocked.

So, I'm guessing you CAN be gassed, obviously. I was still in the gassed state and it was the first time it had happened during the match. Had to have been within the first minute as well, but probably longer than 30 seconds. And, lastly, it was far from the first punch. Make of this what you may.
Fire Hawk D is offline   Reply With Quote