Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
New requirements for Representers!

As part of our commitment to improving the site and incorporating even more input from you, the members, we are proud to announce a revamped X360A Representer program! We present to you the x360a Ambassador program! We had a wide variety of suggestions and some very impassioned feedback from staff, existing Representers, and members of our site who have an interest in becoming an Ambassador. Without further ado, here is the result!

First of all, there will be two different tiers of x360a Ambassadors.

A Representer is a person who has "x360a" mentioned in their gamertag.
A Promoter is a person who has the site mentioned in their motto on their Xbox LIVE gamertag.

One of the bottlenecks that really slowed the process down in the past is the requirement of a gaming session with a moderator. This is no longer required, so that should make this easier and faster for everyone involved!

The new requirements are simply to have 500 non-spam posts on the forums and have been a member for 6 months. Under certain circumstances individuals who have significant history of poor behavior on the forums may be rejected at the staff's discretion, but this should be such a rare event that it is barely worth mentioning. The only other criteria that we do require is that your profile is set to public and that you are not one of those unethical folk who think breaking the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct is acceptable (so no hate speech or profanity in your profile, no cheated achievements, etc.)

Creech loves to give out new awards to people so we will be introducing new forum awards for Representers and Promoters as well! The Graphics Team is very talented and will make some stellar awards, but if you have any input on what they should look like, respond to this thread with your ideas. They will be reading the thread and will post up some choices for you to choose from in the near future. It is YOUR award, so make sure your voice is heard!

Here is a list of the requirements if you missed something:
  • 500 non-spam posts on the forums
  • A member on the site for 6 months minimum
  • No Gamesavers/Glitchers/Hackers/Account Traders will be allowed to represent x360a. ALL accounts must NOT be set to private or offline.
  • Play nice over Xbox Live and respect your fellow gamers.
Feel free to ask any further questions on this thread!

Grif Edit:
Please direct any questions you have to this thread HERE!

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 07-13-2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: small update
Old 01-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Very nice! I just wanted to express my personal appreciation to everyone involved with developing the new critiera, and special thanks to Jappe for taking charge of the Representers right in the middle of the fierce fight completed games in the Staff and Subscriber Completion Competition.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Wow. Didn't realize the option for gaming with staff was up for grabs. Definitely makes it easier to become a rep/promoter. Nice work on getting this finished!

As for graphics, the original word of mouth pic kinda looks like a promoter to me under these new guidelines. Maybe something really cool for the reps, like that flaming ninja head we were using as a placeholder.

Edit:
Couple of questions,
1- Will there be separate sign-ups for reps and promoters?
2- To be clear, a forum name change is not part of either one anymore. (was part of the original discussion)

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 01-27-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Questions
Old 01-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
i think for the representer award, it should be 2 fists bumping, with a x360a logo exploding from between them. i imagine it would be hard to do though.

also, the main thing holding me back before was having to game with a mod, so now i don't have to ill probably sign up when everything is in place.

also, which is the higher level of rep between the 2? it seems changing your gamertag would be for the cost, but putting the entire website name in your profile is more clear.

Last edited by Scotty; 01-27-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
So where would we sign up? Didn't think you guys would ditch the gaming sessions, but I understand. It would be crazy to try and game with everyone who signed up.

Also what is the exact wordage you want in our bio/motto?

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
So where would we sign up? Didn't think you guys would ditch the gaming sessions, but I understand. It would be crazy to try and game with everyone who signed up.

Also what is the exact wordage you want in our bio/motto?
It could be Username @ x360a.org, since that redirects you to the site. But not sure how many characters fit the bio. The motto can't be seen unless you dig deeper. The bio is seen just by looking at the gamercard.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Glad to see the changes up, I like the name distinction as well. As for the awards, for rep I was thinking like a person with the x360a logo for a head, but idk how well that would work in a 32x32 tile. I agree with Grifter about using the current Word Of Mouth award for promoters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannie Boy View Post
It could be Username @ x360a.org, since that redirects you to the site. But not sure how many characters fit the bio. The motto can't be seen unless you dig deeper. The bio is seen just by looking at the gamercard.
I think you're mixing those up. The motto (the thing that appears in your avatar's speech bubble) is more visible than the bio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-27-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Also what is the exact wordage you want in our motto?
Either "x360a.org" or "xbox360achievements.org" is fine. Not sure if the full one will fit, honestly, I don't remember the length restriction.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #9
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Either "x360a.org" or "xbox360achievements.org" is fine. Not sure if the full one will fit, honestly, I don't remember the length restriction.
And it's motto right? Not bio? You could include a short description in the bio if that fit in the criteria.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Wow. Didn't realize the option for gaming with staff was up for grabs. Definitely makes it easier to become a rep/promoter. Nice work on getting this finished!

As for graphics, the original word of mouth pic kinda looks like a promoter to me under these new guidelines. Maybe something really cool for the reps, like that flaming ninja head we were using as a placeholder.

Edit:
Couple of questions,
1- Will there be separate sign-ups for reps and promoters?
2- To be clear, a forum name change is not part of either one anymore. (was part of the original discussion)
1 - My guess is that one sign up thread should be sufficient for both, but that is up to Jappe.
2 - A forum name change was never a requirement. If you are looking for that as a potential benefit, that is separate and yet to be decided. This announcement was purely about the criteria change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
And it's motto right?
See Jappe's post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
A Promoter is a person who has the site mentioned in their motto on their Xbox LIVE gamertag.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
the full webpage title is 2 letters too long. Thanks.

So do we sign up in the rep thread?

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #12
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Promoter is no problem for me as I've had x360a.org in my motto & bio for years now. I've been a rep in the past and probably will again at some point but its good to know we can get recognition other than changing the GT as many members have wanted for some time. Good stuff

Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #13
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I don't even know how long I've had x360a.org in my Bio for, but now this is final, I can stuff my silly Motto's that are always changing and stick x360a in there. Brilliant!

Destiny = Refunded!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:30 AM   #14
Spanish Assault

I do have another question....what about access to the rep forums and tournaments?

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #15
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
I do have another question....what about access to the rep forums and tournaments?
Tournaments will be restricted to Representers. Most threads in the Representer forum will be restricted to Representers. I don't feel that closing the forum to make it invisible to non-representers is a good idea at this time, especially when we are bound to have a flux of people signing on as Representers due to the changed rules.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:37 AM   #16
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
See Jappe's post:
As opposed to bio. I'm not illiterate damn it!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #17
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Tournaments will be restricted to Representers. Most threads in the Representer forum will be restricted to Representers. I don't feel that closing the forum to make it invisible to non-representers is a good idea at this time, especially when we are bound to have a flux of people signing on as Representers due to the changed rules.
aww man....so the only way to get access to the rep forums is to change my GT...How about I keep my Gt and give the site $10?

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #18
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
also, which is the higher level of rep between the 2? it seems changing your gamertag would be for the cost, but putting the entire website name in your profile is more clear.
Representer would be higher of those two.

Quote:
So do we sign up in the rep thread?
I will be modifying the current sign-up thread to fit the new requirements. Both Representers and Promoters will sign-up in the same thread.

Quote:
aww man....so the only way to get access to the rep forums is to change my GT...How about I keep my Gt and give the site $10?
Correct. $10 donation will get you the Donator level 1 award
Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #19
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
There's some inconsistency with the staff responses we're getting. So let me ask this clearly:

Are Promoters are treated the same as Representers?

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-28-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #20
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
There's some inconsistency with the staff responses we're getting. So let me ask this clearly:

Are Promoters are treated the same as Representers?
There's an extra "are" in there that makes me think you've been watching pirate movies.

I think Creech mentioned this was an announcement about the requirement changes. Which is probably why we're getting some mixed answers about the benefits as they haven't been decided yet. Hopefully they let us know about that soon.

Point of confusion: Representer is used twice. Once overall and once as a level.

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 01-28-2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Confusion
Old 01-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Sorry, the confusion is probably my fault. In my head, Representers + Promoters both equal Representers. Maybe we should come up with some different terminology to differentiate. Maybe call them Promoters and Ambassadors, with the collective called Representers.

Bottom line though, access to the forum and such will be available to both tiers.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #22
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Sorry, the confusion is probably my fault. In my head, Representers + Promoters both equal Representers. Maybe we should come up with some different terminology to differentiate. Maybe call them Promoters and Ambassadors, with the collective called Representers.

Bottom line though, access to the forum and such will be available to both tiers.
Makes more sense now. Ambassador sounds too much like XBL for my comfort zone.

Here's some synonyms for "ambassador":
agent consul deputy diplomat emissary envoy minister plenipotentiary

Personally I like agent, because who doesn't want to feel like an agent?

Agent Coulson agrees

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #23
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Here's some visuals for you all. I'll update when I've made more.

- Following in PS3T design

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 01-28-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #24
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post

Promoter

PS3T design is better than the first IMO. That other looks a little too much like a male cheerleader. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just not my thing.

Quote:
Representer

To be designed
If "representer" is changed, will that change any possible designs?

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #25
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

I like Emissary, not a fan of agent personally.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #26
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
PS3T design is better than the first IMO. That other looks a little too much like a male cheerleader. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just not my thing.

If "representer" is changed, will that change any possible designs?
Not really. For the designs I make (can't speak for the other 2 guys), I won't be adding text. I'll try and use images to represent the users role. I think text based ones should be left to staff only based awards.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #27
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post

Promoter

Representer

To be designed
Why not just have a huge golden "R" as the award or the R with a horn coming out of it.

Destiny = Refunded!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #28
Grifter Reborn

Another thought for the pics, using the site's logo. Currently only the new Grid 2 award uses the logo. Could we incorporate it for representers? Afterall the logo can represent the site, just like the members can too.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #29
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Another thought for the pics, using the site's logo. Currently only the new Grid 2 award uses the logo. Could we incorporate it for representers? Afterall the logo can represent the site, just like the members can too.
I like this idea. Maybe throw the x360a logo on the side of the blowhorn?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #30
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Ok, what I've done is taken the titles away. I've added 2 more images, and I'll simply keep adding designs. You guys can choose which ones you like and which one represents which title!

Also, the new one with the logo, doesn't look too good personally! I still like the first one and the other gfx guys have said similar