PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #1
Odessa

XXOdessaXX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Reynard Search Party VS Romance Ending.. and huh?

I am still trying to find my way around the game and reached the Search Party quest.

SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS FAR

I read up briefly that after you give him the journals he disappears, which conflicts with another quest. I've ALSO read something about him not leaving if your character romances him.

1. I have no idea how the romance option works in this game so a general tip would be great.

2. IF he is romanced to keep him in the game (for his store) will that fail the search party quest?

Any general tips would be great. I've tried reading through a few sites (WIKI, etc...), but they are still sparse when it comes to how things work.

I figure I'd add some more questions:

3. Do you have to finish all the Wyrm quests for any achievement? I did two of them and can now see the Duke. I'd rather move on, unless this will void any quests directly related. The only non board quests I have are for 20 seer tokens and for a snake purse which I have yet to find.

Last edited by Odessa; 01-28-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Milk Viper

MILK VIPER's Gamercard
Romancing only requires high affinity. Gifting proper items will give high affinity, max affinity is represented by a glowin pink aura around the npc. To gift start conversation with npc, you will see an option to press "X" to gift. The game is fickle, some romance choices are different at the end game.

"Hero" is the only non direct quest sensitive achievement.

Reynard isn't really necessary to complete any quests, he is helpful during Fornivals trial.

I recommend doing all quests for xp and money.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Milk Viper; 01-28-2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Stupid iPhone
Milk Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Odessa

XXOdessaXX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thank you so much for answering! I've been trying to keep him in the game so I can purchase more items. They're pretty steep in price for my character and I'd love to make a dent in the Armor and weapons achievement. Unfortunately I don't have any friends to grill for answers so I've been trying to find out what I can before moving on.

I'm a level 30 - 35 right now. I read that since one pawn I was using was a 121 I lost a lot of potential XP. I just don't care for the keep X alive type quests, which I believe are the ones left for the main quest line. I'd rather skip them to move forward, even if it's a tad less money in my pocket.

Again, thank you for your response. I'll have to read up on what gifts are best to give, etc...

Odessa is offline   Reply With Quote