PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Pid
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
Payshince

Payshince's Gamercard
Talking Great game!

This game is one where you endure and stay with for awhile, I can tell you that!
Difficult, interesting, and fun.
Loving it so far. . .
But, cannot get past the first boss. It is pissing me off, but i'm not giving up.
Payshince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
i4mn1nja

iiM SO N1NJA's Gamercard
the first boss wasn't bad at all once you learn what to do. good luck with the giant balloon boss in the trailers though. spent ~90 minutes earlier today and didn't manage to get his health bar below half..

i4mn1nja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
eastx

Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah, the Crook boss is terrible. Definitely going to complain about him in my review. I did get him after 35 minutes or so though.
Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
i4mn1nja

iiM SO N1NJA's Gamercard
haha i agree. i have quite a large list of problems with this boss/how it was designed but i'll just leave it at the fact that his health bar should be 1/3 of what it is. it's the fact that the battle takes a good 5+ mins where most of my issues come out and really shine.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
As much as I want to love this game, the physics and game mechanics just seem so inconsistent. I spent a good 2 hours trying to get some of the Secret Souvenirs and in the end I just gave up on them. I saw that I missed a couple on the Souvenir screen so I'd just have to get them all over again for the achievement.

Ooooh boy don't get me started on that Crook boss, or the Fat Lady boss after that. I wish they had set patterns you could learn and overcome, I don't know if it was just me but that Balloon guy RARELY dropped the gold bombs and the times he did drop them, they would explode before he hovered over them again.

I usually enjoy a tough platforming game (Spelunky, Meat Boy) but this game doesn't have solid enough game mechanics for me to understand that I'M the one making mistakes. Most deaths are from me doing the same actions and having completely different results. Like using those 'super boost' items.

It annoys me when games with so many collectibles have no 'total stats' screen, I know it's just a pet peeve, but I'd still like to know for sure if I've missed some constellations in a certain area. Especially since there's no backtracking in this game.

/rant
BanditBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditBanks View Post
I spent a good 2 hours trying to get some of the Secret Souvenirs and in the end I just gave up on them. I saw that I missed a couple on the Souvenir screen so I'd just have to get them all over again for the achievement.

/rant
I know right! Lost around hour trying to get Children's Book. When finally did it, turns out i have missed one souvenir before this. Without any stats screen i will not bother to collect them.

btw I'm kinda stuck in Workshop level. Found tons of batteries, but cannot figure out where is the remore control. In one of the areas there are two doors and two plates before them. I guess remote control should be there? How to open these doors when i can see only one crate around?

Last edited by sepulturas666; 11-02-2012 at 10:20 PM.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #7
i4mn1nja

iiM SO N1NJA's Gamercard
to get the remote you need to jump on the door 7 times where they make you guess a password. i don't remember exactly where it is but its in a room with glasses and in one of the lower routes i believe. Each time you jump, the number will go up so jump 7 times then press Y. an odd premise that took me quite a while of looking over the entire area as thoroughly as possible before i finally figured it out.

edit: and lol i haven't even seen a souvenir besides the first but there's been a couple of secret ares that i've found, made it into, but then had too much of a hassle trying to get back to the normal level (since many times they're well above/below where you normally) and then making to a checkpoint to even bother doing so i just left them.

@bandit: by the 'fat lady' boss did you mean the women you had to feed with the conveyor belt?

Last edited by i4mn1nja; 11-02-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #8
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4mn1nja View Post
To get the remote you need to jump on the door 7 times where they make you guess a password. i don't remember exactly where it is but its in a room with glasses and in one of the lower routes i believe. Each time you jump, the number will go up so jump 7 times then press Y. an odd premise that took me quite a while of looking over the entire area as thoroughly as possible before i finally figured it out.

edit: and lol i haven't even seen a souvenir besides the first but there's been a couple of secret ares that i've found, made it into, but then had too much of a hassle trying to get back to the normal level (since many times they're well above/below where you normally) and then making to a checkpoint to even bother doing so i just left them.
Ah, thanks. Will give it a try tomorrow.

Souvenirs are pain in the ass to get, even if you know what to do. I have only 4 so far.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Quote:
@bandit: by the 'fat lady' boss did you mean the women you had to feed with the conveyor belt?
Yeah that's the one. I managed to luck out when fighting her, I only had to flip between one of the switches because they kept coming out in the right order already.

I'm missing 2 souvenirs so far. Anybody got the Umbrella or the... Crayon Box?
I have the first 5, skipped out on getting the Wooden Sculpture? because I realised I missed the previous two.
I've just found the Silver Teeth in the top right part of one of the 'scenes' in The Stage area.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #10
i4mn1nja

iiM SO N1NJA's Gamercard
lol i don't understand how you guys find them so easily. i already passed the only one on youtube (vid below, its the second souvenir) and i never would have thought to try anything like that..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHrNk1xT5eo

and i didn't really have any trouble at all with her. were you standing below the red laser when it was coming down? because i threw the beam from on top of her head to begin the laser process each time and i understand it'd be a bit more annoying being stuck below it with all the enemies. but other than that i don't see what would have made her annoying. escaping at the end splosion man style was a little tricky but i had 3 armor to burn through so it wasn't that bad.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #11
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Oh excellent, good quality video guides!

I've just made a quick text guide for the ones I know how to get.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #12
i4mn1nja

iiM SO N1NJA's Gamercard
any other details on the silver teeth souvenir? i just made it to 'stages' myself

Old 11-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #13
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Quote:
any other details on the silver teeth souvenir? i just made it to 'stages' myself
I made a thread for the souvenirs.

It's in the area where the 'scene' in the background is all planes and clouds, with those propeller enemies that shoot rockets. Go all the way to the right, where the exit door is and just wall climb to the very top, it's in a corridor.
Once you get it, the corridor fills up with robots, so make sure you have smoke bombs so you can get out without dying.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #14
i4mn1nja

iiM SO N1NJA's Gamercard
thanks! i found it and basically instantly died lol

edit: don't think this one is worth the effort atm. maybe if i had some armor

Last edited by i4mn1nja; 11-03-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:54 AM   #15
Payshince

Payshince's Gamercard
Eh beat the first boss no problem.

This game is worse than LIMBO, Braid, and super Meat boy combined... (In a good way)!
Just the fact of realizing this game is not simple makes me needing to take breaks and come back; story of my life.
Love the game but fml, lol.
I need sum'n to motivate me through all the way to the end.
. . Should be an interesting journey though.
Lmk what you guys, girls, w.e. think from beginning to end.
Observation's, etc . . .
Payshince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
sepulturas666

Is the Moon last level? Honestly, the second part of the game is not fun. No wonder it's getting mixed reviews so far.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #17
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulturas666 View Post
Is the Moon last level? Honestly, the second part of the game is not fun. No wonder it's getting mixed reviews so far.
Almost, there's [SPOILERS] a Moon Base, final boss and then another gauntlet of running away from something. It's quite tricky but also very short. The last souvenir is also in the escape.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #18
sepulturas666

Yeah last few areas were short, but tough. After that started on hard to see the differences - tons of new traps + all of the enemies from end of the game appear right in beginning.This sure will be tough as nails!
Old 11-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #19
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Yeah I got up to where the first vending machine is and just gave up. I know when I've been beaten, there's far too many cheap spike placements.

Think I'll just stick to trying to find the constellations and souvenirs haha.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #20
N8KEYS

N8KEYS's Gamercard
Yep

Best game ever is Halo
N8KEYS is offline   Reply With Quote