Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 AM   #1
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Possible new MP character...?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/28/bi...-effect-3-dlc/

BioWare released some screenshots of the upcoming DLC. That's not important. What's really intriguing is this screenshot of a Krogan with a frigging HAMMER. I've heard that the next MP DLC will release around the same time as the Citadel DLC, so I'm really hoping that this guy is an MP character.

This is simply too awesome for words.

Last edited by Inebriated Jedi; 01-29-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Inebriated Jedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Krogan Mechanic?! (Hydraulic tank wrench/hammer, as suggested by the BSN)

I don't normally play Krogans, but if there's another MP DLC I doubt it'll just include them Great news!

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Considering that looks like Thessia, I imagine it is a MP character. Not really sure what to make of it though, it could simply be a heavy melee attack, which doesn't have anything going for it beyond the cool factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
Texture on his leg looks really bad which makes me think the DLC is not close to being finished. I guess the 'beggining of February' release date is not true. Well, it just gives me more time to save up so that I unlck new guns before the are nerfed (I'm sitting at 16.5 mil credits).

Anyway, I'm happy they are adding new stuff to the multiplayer and I'm really hoping for EDIbots, Protheans and Female Turians. The more variety the better.

esio gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Here are my thoughts on these new images and possible upcoming DLC:

Last edited by Redemption Mode; 01-29-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Redemption Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I hope the so called leaked details are true as this would be a superb expansion if so.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
Texture on his leg looks really bad which makes me think the DLC is not close to being finished. I guess the 'beggining of February' release date is not true. Well, it just gives me more time to save up so that I unlck new guns before the are nerfed (I'm sitting at 16.5 mil credits).

Anyway, I'm happy they are adding new stuff to the multiplayer and I'm really hoping for EDIbots, Protheans and Female Turians. The more variety the better.
Jesus! 16.5 mil, how much new stuff are you expecting? I've never saved more than 5 and maxed everything day 1 minus UR's.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 AM   #8
Redemption Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Jesus! 16.5 mil, how much new stuff are you expecting? I've never saved more than 5 and maxed everything day 1 minus UR's.

I KNOW, RIGHT! I've only save up to 90,000 Credits (at one time) then I go on a spending spree.

I've join, unknowningly, to matches where they were doing the credit glitch (one of them said that he has reached 2 million Credits so far). I told them that I was recording this and was going to report them; they voted me out.

I'm not saying that esio gk did this, but that is just RIDICULOUS CREDITS!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 AM   #9
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Question for everyone: If it got put to a vote in some imaginary world right now and you could only have one of the two, would you pick getting a single-player DLC (Citadel or otherwise) or a few new multiplayer maps, characters and weapons?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 AM   #10
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Question for everyone: If it got put to a vote in some imaginary world right now and you could only have one of the two, would you pick getting a single-player DLC (Citadel or otherwise) or a few new multiplayer maps, characters and weapons?
Multiplayer. No contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:05 AM   #11
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Single player. No contest.
Rivercurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
I'm expecting Bloob Pack Punisher and I'm expecting it to be Ultra Rare. I want to unlock it before it gets the Krysae/Typhoon/Piranha treatement.

Anyway, my goal is to save 20 mil credits and when the DLC drops I will delete some DLC to increase the chance of getting the new UR. The only UR I have at 10 is Saber so even after I delete Rebellion, Earth and Retaliation I will have 1/8 chance of unlocking the new UR every time I get UR card from a pack.

esio gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #13
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Multiplayer, get way more out of it.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 01-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #14
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
I've almost played MP for 800 hours and loved every minute and played SP for 30 hours and hated every second. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
I'm expecting Bloob Pack Punisher and I'm expecting it to be Ultra Rare. I want to unlock it before it gets the Krysae/Typhoon/Piranha treatement.

Anyway, my goal is to save 20 mil credits and when the DLC drops I will delete some DLC to increase the chance of getting the new UR. The only UR I have at 10 is Saber so even after I delete Rebellion, Earth and Retaliation I will have 1/8 chance of unlocking the new UR every time I get UR card from a pack.
I'll delete the DLC this time as I only need 23 UR cards and 18 of them are DLC ones. I think Bioware nerfed the Typhoon/Piranha so fast because they thought everyone was doing Platinum so easy using those weapons. When actually Platinum really isn't as hard as Bioware thought it was.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Single player. I don't like the multiplayer. Never have. Never will. But I'm dying for new story content. So Citadel can't release fast enough. I'd love to dive back into this game.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #16
Redemption Mode

Quote:
I would have to say single-player DLC with new teammates (KROGAN!), hands down.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #17
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Multiplayer definitely, I'm not someone that actually enjoys having to go back and replay the story (load back Cerberus HQ) just to play new content anymore. x_x

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #18
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

If the SP DLC was reasonably priced, maybe it could sway me but if it's priced like Omega.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 02-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #19
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Single Player DLC. No contest.

Haven't touched the MP in ages.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #20
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Haven't touched the MP in ages.
Maybe we should play this weekend.

Also I'd vote multi, because it'd likely be free. I'm not paying for any DLC until they fix my black screen of death.

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #21
Inebriated Jedi

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Multiplayer DLC.

I've lost faith in BioWare's ability to make meaningful SP content at this point.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #22
Inebriated Jedi

This guy isn't nearly as fun as I thought he'd be. He's a little too slow for my liking.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #23
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #24
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Maybe we should play this weekend.

Also I'd vote multi, because it'd likely be free. I'm not paying for any DLC until they fix my black screen of death.
Yah, maybe I should dive in again for old times sake, but whenever I'm craving MP I'm knifing noobs in Battlefield, scalping them from 900 yards, or blowing them up with C4 or running them over with tanks. That shit just never gets old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
Multiplayer DLC.

I've lost faith in BioWare's ability to make meaningful SP content at this point.
Sadly I'm inclined to agree....

Since the Drs. Biowarefounders have both moved on and Drew K hung up his hat on them even earlier, I've lost faith in their future direction as a studio on the whole. Which after having started with them on Baldur's Gate for PC back in the day... is a sorry thing.

Think I only want the SP DLC to have a final hoorah then hang the series up for good and catch up on my backlog, finally start grabbing games I've been wanting to play still I have yet to even get, like Cybertron.

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 03-02-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #25
Inebriated Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Think I only want the SP DLC to have a final hoorah then hang the series up for good and catch up on my backlog, finally start grabbing games I've been wanting to play still I have yet to even get, like Cybertron.
Let me know if you ever get Cybertron. I still have it, and I'd love to play Escalation with you.

As for the DLC, I'm hoping it's at least decent. Omega was very underwhelming, and totally not worth the asking price.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #26
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
Let me know if you ever get Cybertron. I still have it, and I'd love to play Escalation with you.

As for the DLC, I'm hoping it's at least decent. Omega was very underwhelming, and totally not worth the asking price.
Will do! It keeps taunting me so will drop you a msg if I pick it up. Now that I'm pretty much burned out on FF13-2 I may need to smash some shit Grimlock style to wash the Mog cuteness off.

Too much this:

and not enough this:

"Hit it"
Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #27
XBox360Dude85

storieandalibis's Gamercard
yummy :O) ha
XBox360Dude85 is offline   Reply With Quote