PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman HD Collection > Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Difficulty Change

So I played through and completed the game on Pro. I now want to go back and unlock all the missing achievements which don't require me to be on a set difficulty.

The only question is how do I do this? Seeing as I've done everything on Pro, this is going to make it a little harder for me and I can't see a difficulty change setting anywhere.

Whenever I select a mission I go straight into it, without the option to change and my guess is as it's a level save from the original game I've been playing, it's set on Pro.

Anyway I can lower it down but still keep the missions?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
So I played through and completed the game on Pro. I now want to go back and unlock all the missing achievements which don't require me to be on a set difficulty.

The only question is how do I do this? Seeing as I've done everything on Pro, this is going to make it a little harder for me and I can't see a difficulty change setting anywhere.

Whenever I select a mission I go straight into it, without the option to change and my guess is as it's a level save from the original game I've been playing, it's set on Pro.

Anyway I can lower it down but still keep the missions?
No, you can't lower the difficulty, unfortunately. not that this is helpful, but the game is super easy on normal, especially after you have done it on pro, so although, long winded, it shouldn't be too much of a grind.

Huge thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar.
Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
But it is a grind... I have to play through pretty most of the levels to get what is needed in some of the achievements.

Easy or not. It's such an annoying system.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
But it is a grind... I have to play through pretty most of the levels to get what is needed in some of the achievements.

Easy or not. It's such an annoying system.
it is an annoying system, i agree. its still there in contracts too, so i would suggest doing normal first to get everything, then pro as the last achievement.

i missed the melee achievement on contracts and im trying to do it now on my pro playthough, but i can't really go looking for everything, with the tiniest fuck up im dead/busted and have to start the levels again. it looks like ill have to do another normal run of this.

Huge thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar.
Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Well, I'm going to have to do it. Will probably do an easier playthrough on Contracts first and completed everything and then all I have to worry about is Pro.

I just had to play the last level 3 times on SA to get all the difficulty achievements to unlock! That was annoying enough!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
x LeXXuz x

Don't forget these games are pretty old. Yes, there is no way in both games to switch difficulties. Therefore you have to play Silent Assassin at least 3 times + some extra missions to collect missing weapons.

If you want to minimize the effort you should start Contracts on Pro.
Unlike Silent Assassin all difficulty related achievements in Contracts do stack and you'll need a silent assassin rating on ALL missions in Contracts anyway to unlock all the weapon achievements. So start on Pro, collect as much weapons as you can find (the guide is missing out all the bonus weapons you'll get for SA rating in Contracts), finish everything with a SA rating (with videos on yt it's quite easy) and you've done almost 90% in one playthrough. Then just go back collect the missing weapons, especially the melee weapons and you're done.

Last edited by x LeXXuz x; 03-03-2013 at 08:48 PM.
x LeXXuz x is offline   Reply With Quote