PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
Free Beer
 
Free Beer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 284

Free Beer's Gamercard
Dashboarding in Halo 4??

Ok, so I got a buddy of mine who is, let's say, not that good at Halo.

Don't get me wrong, he holds his own, but he's not incredible by any means. I've been playing not just Halo, but tons of FPS's with this guy for years. And he doesn't TOUCH me at Halo.

His K/D ratio was at about a 1.50, then suddenly like 2 weeks later he tells me he's at a 1.94 and then the next day he tells me he's at a 2.01, and then the next day he tells me he's at a 2.06..... He has been really sketchy when it comes to playing with me, and refuses to play anything but BTB, in which he just sits back and camps for kills, but DEFINTIELY not enough to boost his K/D that much.

I KNOW he has to be boosting, or dashboarding or SOMETHING. I even saw him go to dashboard and back into Halo a few times last timeI saw him online, and his Win/Loss record is garbage.

So basically I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to Dashboard in Halo 4, or do some kind of glitch to not have a game count towards your stats. Because something is fishy here...
__________________
Those explosions down there aren't going to hug themselves.
Free Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Far as I know, no there isn't. Kills are tracked in real time, so the moment he's killed or makes a kill, his K/D is automatically updated if I'm not mistaken.

As for tricks to boosting his K/D, the best way to cheat it is to have 4 controllers and another friend with 4 controllers. Running around killing the idling hosts would allow them both to improve their ratio.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #3
Tsaako
 
Tsaako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,056

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sounds like someone's jealous of someone being better than them.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
nayR2012
 
nayR2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 434

nayr2012's Gamercard
No known glitches to rapidly increase kill/death ratio. He could be boosting or bridging his internet connection to have an unfair advantage as host.

Grifball is a pretty quick method to get a butt load of kills.

If your really that curious, check out his profile on www.halowaypoint.com and look at his previous games. If you see anything funny you can call him out on the douchi activity. However, is it really that big of a deal? Theres alot of ways to compare dicks and k/d ratio isnt the most accurate scale.
__________________
I took a stroll, and spied a maid,
but Matron's duty stayed my blade.
So busy now, I miss the thrill,
if only I had time to kill.
nayR2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:28 AM   #5
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,830

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayR2012 View Post
If your really that curious, check out his profile on www.halowaypoint.com and look at his previous games. If you see anything funny you can call him out on the douchi activity. However, is it really that big of a deal? Theres alot of ways to compare dicks and k/d ratio isnt the most accurate scale.
He's pretty much right...it's not that big of a deal. He's probably play Grifball or knows of some method of boosting that none of us do. In the end, K/D doesn't mean anything so who cares.
__________________

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #6
Razor Buddha
 
Razor Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 135

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
1v1 him bro.
__________________
GT: DaC Omni Buddha
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Why does it bother you that much, it is only a number after all
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
Free Beer
 
Free Beer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 284

Free Beer's Gamercard
lol it's not like I'm pissed off about it or it's really bothering me. I was just kind of stumped and wanted to figure it out. He's super competitive, and I've always been way better at FPS's than him, so he's really trying to get the one up on me.

I actually think I might have figured it out. Last night i jumped into a game and instead of dashboarding Ia ctually signed out in the middle of a game.

I saw a quick message pop up for like 1 second and it said something like "we couldn't record your stats and blah blah blah blah" So then I signed back in and went to start war games again and wehn I went in it was showing all of my stats reset! I was a level 1 !!

So I turned off my Xbox and started Halo back up, and I had my rank back and everything but my armor, stance, and classes were all reset to default. Kind of annoying. Idk if it's just a glitch or what, but I didn't check to see if the KD got effected. I would have done it again, but the whole stat reset thing kind of freaked me out.

I'll try it again tonight and see if i can confirm it working...
__________________
Those explosions down there aren't going to hug themselves.
Free Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
StarsRPD
 
StarsRPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,006

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
I seen it happen in Far Cry 3 (glitch) where the host quits and is back to level 1. I don't think that would help K/D anyways if it happens in Halo 4. Unless he quits every bad game and finish the good games.
__________________
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #10
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,830

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
I actually think I might have figured it out. Last night i jumped into a game and instead of dashboarding Ia ctually signed out in the middle of a game.

I saw a quick message pop up for like 1 second and it said something like "we couldn't record your stats and blah blah blah blah" So then I signed back in and went to start war games again and wehn I went in it was showing all of my stats reset! I was a level 1 !!

So I turned off my Xbox and started Halo back up, and I had my rank back and everything but my armor, stance, and classes were all reset to default. Kind of annoying. Idk if it's just a glitch or what, but I didn't check to see if the KD got effected. I would have done it again, but the whole stat reset thing kind of freaked me out.

I'll try it again tonight and see if i can confirm it working...
So much trial and error for something that doesn't have any real-life significance though. Wouldn't anyone agree?
__________________

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #11
Fechdog
 
Fechdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 442

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
So much trial and error for something that doesn't have any real-life significance though. Wouldn't anyone agree?
I totally agree, but I feel I should at least have a K/D above 1.0. I know I'm way above that, so I should have nothing to worry about! XD
__________________
Fechdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #12
DarnedCargo
 
DarnedCargo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Anglia, England
Posts: 274

DarnedCargo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Ok, so I got a buddy of mine who is, let's say, not that good at Halo.

Don't get me wrong, he holds his own, but he's not incredible by any means. I've been playing not just Halo, but tons of FPS's with this guy for years. And he doesn't TOUCH me at Halo.

His K/D ratio was at about a 1.50, then suddenly like 2 weeks later he tells me he's at a 1.94 and then the next day he tells me he's at a 2.01, and then the next day he tells me he's at a 2.06..... He has been really sketchy when it comes to playing with me, and refuses to play anything but BTB, in which he just sits back and camps for kills, but DEFINTIELY not enough to boost his K/D that much.

I KNOW he has to be boosting, or dashboarding or SOMETHING. I even saw him go to dashboard and back into Halo a few times last timeI saw him online, and his Win/Loss record is garbage.

So basically I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to Dashboard in Halo 4, or do some kind of glitch to not have a game count towards your stats. Because something is fishy here...
He could be doing performance ehancing drugs like adderall which is a
cognitive enhancer if i remember rightly. It would explain him going from below average to average in days.
__________________
Join the social group[D2D]
DarnedCargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #13
Barad
High on Life
 
Barad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Student
Posts: 21,614
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I think you and your friend need a little talk.

But I don't of any glitch by dashboarding on this game, surely if you get disconnected mid game then it would count as a loss in multiplayer..
__________________
Massive Thanks to Rajeanero for the Shelby's!


---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #14
Fechdog
 
Fechdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 442

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I think you and your friend need a little talk.

But I don't of any glitch by dashboarding on this game, surely if you get disconnected mid game then it would count as a loss in multiplayer..
A win/loss record doesn't really show a correlation between a K/D. I've gone 33 and 10 before in a SWAT game before and lost that same game! It all depends on the teammates and how good of a camper you can be.
__________________
Fechdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #15
ecto69
 
ecto69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 551

ecto69's Gamercard
Why not just ask him how
__________________
ライトニング
ecto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #16
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,830

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto69 View Post
Why not just ask him how
LOL! In surprised none of us though of that. Seriously, if you're buddy-buddy with him, just ask! I'm sure he has nothing to hide and if he does then it's obviously certain he knows of an exploit/glitch.
__________________

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #17
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,027
seriously, the best way to figure out what he's doing (or what you think he's doing) is to just look at his past games on waypoint. before you reply again, go do just that and report back to us. until then, unless you've asked him directly what you believe he's up to, spare us the theories.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #18
Razor Buddha
 
Razor Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 135

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
1v1 him

less u scurred boi
__________________
GT: DaC Omni Buddha
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 167

diamondxinferno's Gamercard
Maybe hes playing flood mode? I raised my kd like crazy when i played a few games. But i lucked out and got to be human every round and averaged out about 10 kills a round and was always last man standing. So going about 30+ and 3 every game will very much raise your kd. Also it doesnt require any thought or skill so its just a theory?
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #20
fastNcurious
 
fastNcurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: California
Posts: 2,398

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Does waypoint have heatmaps like in Bungie's old Halo website (I can't check; my computer refuses to load waypoint -- it keeps asking me to log in)? If so, you could check his maps and see if he camps in a certain spot.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
Fechdog
 
Fechdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 442

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
Does waypoint have heatmaps like in Bungie's old Halo website (I can't check; my computer refuses to load waypoint -- it keeps asking me to log in)? If so, you could check his maps and see if he camps in a certain spot.
I'm pretty sure that feature was removed when the domain changed to halo.xbox.com before Halo Waypoint.
__________________
Fechdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #22
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,330

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
I'm pretty sure that Every good feature was removed when the domain changed to halo.xbox.com before Halo Waypoint.
fixd that 4u
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Now seems like a good time to tell you guys that I don't have a small dick. Just felt the need to let you know, fellers.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:04 PM.