PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Aliens: Colonial Marines
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2014, 04:04 AM   #1
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Exited Game and It Disappeared from My HDD Entirely

I saw the rank reset thread, but this seems to be a bit different...

A buddy and I are - or were - slogging through this game until last week. I invited him into the private game I'd set up, but when he finally loaded in, he was back to Level 1 on both Marine and Alien. We had both been level 40 in Marine and Level 8 in Alien previously.

When he checked his HDD, the game folder was not there. We played a level anyway, but that didn't change anything. He was pretty much of the opinion that the game just wasn't good enough to slog back through again for the few achievements left (from the main game, that is, there is no way I'm paying for that DLC).

I ended up getting to Level 41 in Marine and got a few more challenges done before I exited the game and dropped back to the dashboard from the main menu screen. I sat talking with my buddy as he looked on the 'Net to see if he could locate anything pertaining to the issue. Not long after dashboarding, the download of Deadlight finished, and I went to the My Games tab to see it among my installed games.

As soon as the list appeared, I realised it started with Assassin's Creed. A:CM, which I'd had installed on my HDD for a couple of months by this point, was no longer there. So I check my HDD and sure enough, the game folder vanished.

The installed game, the update, my save - everything is just gone.

Has anybody ever heard of this? Does that recent SHiFT password change have anything to do with it? I find that hard to believe simply because it's not like a corrupt save or something, the whole game just evaporated off my HDD...
Old 04-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Huh.

No one's ever heard of this happening, eh?

Well, here's hoping Gearbox have something to say, but so far nothing from them either.

Whatevah.

Moving on...