PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #31
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Oh bullshit! They have produced buggy software from the get-go and fail to fix it properly. Do I still play their games? Heck yeah! Do I, for a minute, think they're working on something fantastic for the next gen? Maybe. Where does that leave Elder Scrolls: Online then? Who's working on THAT?

By the way, my next gen console should be here in 5-8 business days. Woohoo!
Zenimax is doing TES: Online, not Bethesda.
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #32
Jesuit007

Saitta's Gamercard
Their games are fun... but JFC the bugs just won't go away. Having to play any game with 10 rotating saves just to cover your ass when (not if, WHEN) the game gets broken in this day and age is infuriating.

Both Hearthfire and Dawnguard have been completely busted for me and I've had to keep my laptop up just for workarounds.

Yes, a blast to play, but I do think there are some internal QA issues over there that haven't gotten better since fucking Terminator.

I don't buy the whole "the game is SOO BIG there are going to be tons of bugs!" argument. Other games have open worlds, they just have better NPC scripting. No cause for a plot-progression quest NPC being permanently aggressive just because you clicked on the exact item you are supposed to click on to free the guy (Dawnguard and Dexion).

I'll keep buying their games, but I ALWAYS buy them on discount and only pay 1/2 price for DLC simply because of nonsense like that.

Arcade Complete - 9
Jesuit007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #33
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesuit007 View Post
Their games are fun... but JFC the bugs just won't go away. Having to play any game with 10 rotating saves just to cover your ass when (not if, WHEN) the game gets broken in this day and age is infuriating.

Both Hearthfire and Dawnguard have been completely busted for me and I've had to keep my laptop up just for workarounds.

Yes, a blast to play, but I do think there are some internal QA issues over there that haven't gotten better since fucking Terminator.

I don't buy the whole "the game is SOO BIG there are going to be tons of bugs!" argument. Other games have open worlds, they just have better NPC scripting. No cause for a plot-progression quest NPC being permanently aggressive just because you clicked on the exact item you are supposed to click on to free the guy (Dawnguard and Dexion).

I'll keep buying their games, but I ALWAYS buy them on discount and only pay 1/2 price for DLC simply because of nonsense like that.
Honestly I can't think of one game-changing bug that's happened to me when playing all of my playthroughs of TES 3 4 and 5. So I can't relate to people complaining about bugs, but that's just me.

Regardless, Bethesda puts so much effort and amazing things in their games it does not matter to me, a Bethesda game will always be a good game.
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #34
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohlvana View Post
Honestly I can't think of one game-changing bug that's happened to me when playing all of my playthroughs of TES 3 4 and 5. So I can't relate to people complaining about bugs, but that's just me.

Regardless, Bethesda puts so much effort and amazing things in their games it does not matter to me, a Bethesda game will always be a good game.
Agreed. Only glitches I have experienced are stuck inventory items.

First games (that I remember) playing from Bethesda were Star Wars Dark Forces and Terminator Future Shock (which I think was Todd H. first Bethesda game). Love this company to death.

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer, Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #35
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron north View Post
I guess the renewal of the Redguard trademark was nothing because we would have heard from Bethesda again by now. I Just hope the next DLC will be announced as soon as possible because I want more story, a lot more of more quests and plenty of new locations to discover.

C'mon Bethesda, give us the biggest DLC ever created in history and before the end of summer!
I dunno. Dragonborn was pretty huge. Pretty sure it's the largest DLC I've ever played with the exception of maybe Lair of the Shadow Broker on ME2. Now if you want to discuss Expansions, that's a whole different story. I've got my fingers crossed for an actual expansion pack. Alas, this seems to be a dying art in favor of quick over-priced DLCs instead. Shivering Isles and DA:O Awakening will probably be the last expansions we ever see.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:33 AM   #36
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
I dunno. Dragonborn was pretty huge. Pretty sure it's the largest DLC I've ever played with the exception of maybe Lair of the Shadow Broker on ME2. Now if you want to discuss Expansions, that's a whole different story. I've got my fingers crossed for an actual expansion pack. Alas, this seems to be a dying art in favor of quick over-priced DLCs instead. Shivering Isles and DA:O Awakening will probably be the last expansions we ever see.
You obviously never played the Shivering Isles.

Or the original Blood Moon for Morrowind. Or Tribunal... also for Morrowind. Granted, those weren't DLC, they were "expansions"... but in this day and age, what's the difference?

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #37
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
......those weren't DLC, they were "expansions"... but in this day and age, what's the difference?
Price usually.....

OT though, Shivering Isles, Dragonborn, basically all the TES and Fallout DLC were all well worth the money paid as far as I'm concerned.

Shame so many of them interfered with the main game in such weird ways. How does a company make such amazing games yet still miss such obvious and glaring bugs and glitches?

Still, well worth it.
buggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #38
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Wasn't "horse armor" billed as dlc?
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #39
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Wasn't "horse armor" billed as dlc?
Bleh!

If it was I'm not counting it as one. I mean proper added on storyline.

Even though this doesn't exactly include Hearthfire I'd say that even with all the niggles and it not really being "customizable" that one was worth getting.
buggss is offline   Reply With Quote