PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Confused About Weapon

I have been using weapons found around Skyrim, I have a few Deadric Swords etc. I always presumed these were the most powerful in the game, I mained the Dawnbreaker for a long time, and now use Chillrend. My Chillrend did about 25 damage, someone told me I can increase this by wearing rings, amulets, and basically upgrading it on a grindstone. I have done all this with my best items, and my damage is now 52. I was pretty chuft. I was soon sent down to earth with a bump last night, as I was in XBL chat and my friend told me my sword sucked lol. He said his Chillrend is 255 damage, we got cut off, but how the hell do you get the swords so high? I didn't know weapons even went over 100??? Can someone post a quick info how I level up weapons faster, all my stats are at 100. Level 81

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
I have been using weapons found around Skyrim, I have a few Deadric Swords etc. I always presumed these were the most powerful in the game, I mained the Dawnbreaker for a long time, and now use Chillrend. My Chillrend did about 25 damage, someone told me I can increase this by wearing rings, amulets, and basically upgrading it on a grindstone. I have done all this with my best items, and my damage is now 52. I was pretty chuft. I was soon sent down to earth with a bump last night, as I was in XBL chat and my friend told me my sword sucked lol. He said his Chillrend is 255 damage, we got cut off, but how the hell do you get the swords so high? I didn't know weapons even went over 100??? Can someone post a quick info how I level up weapons faster, all my stats are at 100. Level 81
my dragonsbane sword does 295 damage and my dawnbreaker waraxe does 312 damage. you basically have to keep upgrading your weapons at grindstones. the higher your smithing, the better you can make your weapons.

just as an example, ill give you my set up that gives me my high damage;

one-handed skill is at 96
smithing is at 100
enchanting is at 100
daedric gauntlets and boots that are both enchanted with 40% one-handed weapon damage, plus a ring and an amulet, also both having 40% one-handed damage.

then i enchanted some basic armour and jewelry with fortify smithing by 25%, then upgraded my weapons at a grindstone. plus using potions that fortify smithing at the same time as wearing 4 pieces of armour that fortify smithing by 25%.

if you look in the stickied thread about the best weapons and armour, there is a walkthrough of how to exploit this and make god armour/weapons.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Excellent thanks, I been googling forever but just kept finding debates on the best weapons lol.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
In the new DLC, you can build weapons of Stalhrim that are better than Daedric Armor. I used Dawnbreaker too, but then I used Auriel's Bow from the side quest in Dawnguard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and should be played by everyone.

Slaughter. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ZIONZxBLOOD View Post
In the new DLC, you can build weapons of Stalhrim that are better than Daedric Armor. I used Dawnbreaker too, but then I used Auriel's Bow from the side quest in Dawnguard.
That stalhrim/daedric statement is a bit odd, I assume you can make meant stalhrim weapons that are better than daedric weapons but they're not, all stalhrim weapons are 1-2 points lower damage than daedric just as daedric is 0.5 to 4 lower than dragonbone.

To evokazz; Without using game glitches to increase your gear to silly numbers the strongest smithing boost you can get would be a smithing potion made whilst using 4 25% boost alchemy items and then to drink the potion whilst wearing 4 25% boost smithing items with a smithing skill of 100.
buggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
videogamenerd22

VideoGameNerd22's Gamercard
That helps out a lot. Thanks.
videogamenerd22 is offline   Reply With Quote