PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman HD Collection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
Gunther Hermann

Gunther Hermann's Gamercard
Contracts broken controls

Does anyone else seem to have problems with controls in contracts? Everytime I try to sneak he'll go into crouch mode. There doesn't seem to be a way to consistantly rectifiy it. If it move the left stick around that sometimes works, but mostly he'll go in and out of crouch and stealth. The same goes for running and walking. I'll be running along and then for no reason he'll start walking and I have to move the stick about to get going again. It's affecting the play as I can't sneak up effectively on people.
Gunther Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
x LeXXuz x

Try another controller. It' probably the left thumb stick.

One of my controllers (the 'expensive' Limited Edition one with no warranty left, of course) has the very same problem. The radius of the left thumb stick while moving forward is not 100%, but something less, 95% maybe. On most games this has no effect and I never really noticed this. Till the day I played Skyrim and noticed that my char was moving slightly slower with this controller than with my others.

Hitman Contracts however is very 'itchy' when it comes to movement controls. It's almost unplayable with my LE controller. When I press forward my char first walks then after maybe 2 secs it starts to run. Sometimes it switches between walking/running same happens while crouching which is absolutely annoying.

So try to switch to another one, it's not the game but your controller.

x LeXXuz x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
Gunther Hermann

Gunther Hermann's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x LeXXuz x View Post
Try another controller. It' probably the left thumb stick.

One of my controllers (the 'expensive' Limited Edition one with no warranty left, of course) has the very same problem. The radius of the left thumb stick while moving forward is not 100%, but something less, 95% maybe. On most games this has no effect and I never really noticed this. Till the day I played Skyrim and noticed that my char was moving slightly slower with this controller than with my others.

Hitman Contracts however is very 'itchy' when it comes to movement controls. It's almost unplayable with my LE controller. When I press forward my char first walks then after maybe 2 secs it starts to run. Sometimes it switches between walking/running same happens while crouching which is absolutely annoying.

So try to switch to another one, it's not the game but your controller.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I believe I had the same problem with it when it was first released.
Gunther Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:49 AM   #4
Fragarach Luin

Jacob Ulysses's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The problem could also be with your thumb. I've played this game on multiple platforms and with various controllers, and even though I've noted varying levels of precision in the controllers I used, I never really had any problems with the movement in the game.

It's okay for a game to be hard. You don't have to call it "broken."