PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 6
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't understand Capcom...

I just saw there is 2 maps released for mercenary since around a week...wasn't even aware. Maybe you won't all agree with me, but i feel Mercenary > All Other MP Modes by a mile. Why there is no achievements link to that?

Instead they will release yet another MP mode with new achievements that more or less nobody cares about and will probably get just to not screw up there completion.

I know Revelation is coming in mai, and after its release they will probably switch up the DLC for that game and all, and im looking forward to it. But i may be not part of the majority, but despise what i said at release about RE6 i played a shit tons of it, and i love the game. Maybe it didn't leave a big mark like RE5 to me(wich PERSONALLY is my favorite RE of the post Code Veronica era) but its still a very fun game.

I wish they would had more DLC, but FUN DLC, stuffs i care about, new Mercenary characters with different load outs, a new campaign DLC like they did for RE5. Why not a very horror oriented campaign with a character we haven't seen in years, like Billy for exemple, Rebecca, a campaign that would not feel like a military operation too much, more of that alone in the horror that made the charm of RE. One one side you have the impression capcom pulled the plug on RE6, yet they keep releasing MP modes that nobody wants...

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
I just saw there is 2 maps released for mercenary since around a week...wasn't even aware.
Yeah the same happened with the first map pack, I didn't even know it existed until I read the RE.net changelog. I was completely baffled that I never knew about it. Similarly, I only found out about the new map pack because of a post in another thread. Their marketing for these smaller additions has been terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro
I wish they would had more DLC, but FUN DLC, stuffs i care about, new Mercenary characters with different load outs, a new campaign DLC like they did for RE5. Why not a very horror oriented campaign with a character we haven't seen in years, like Billy for exemple, Rebecca, a campaign that would not feel like a military operation too much, more of that alone in the horror that made the charm of RE. One one side you have the impression capcom pulled the plug on RE6, yet they keep releasing MP modes that nobody wants...
Relax, we didn't see any DLC besides Versus for RE5 until 11 months after its release. Just give it time, I think RE6 has a long road of support ahead of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-11-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
Leon McLane

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Respect you... you are right. THey havent yet released any campaign DLC. I hope that DLC: Final Hope will be released not only at WiiU and we will see the return of Claire Redfield.
Leon McLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
sgtleehead

Sgt Lee Head's Gamercard
As a massive fan off the series I cannot believe that Capcom took the DLC for a series like this and went down the mutiplayer route. Story based games like this should have story based DLC and not tacked on crap MP modes in my opinion. Its just laziness, continuing evidence of the decline of Capcom under the guidance of there current idiot 'businessman' CEO.
sgtleehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:10 AM   #5
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I was disappointed that the latest DLC are multiplayer modes. I can understand buying new maps, weapons or characters, but new game modes? Seriously?

It's not like this hasn't happened before. Resident Evil 5 added Versus mode later on as DLC. And Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 had a map pack that included a new mode.

We shouldn't have to buy new game modes, especially if they turn out to be mediocre. Not saying that these are bad, I heard they're decent.

All random friend requests on Live will be declined. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I'll gladly accept Steam FRs, however.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:40 AM   #6
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Not gonna be surprised the game reaches some retarded G instead of 1750G or 2000G.
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Its true that it took a while for RE5 to release the campaign DLC, but at the same time back then the DLCs all around took more time to come. They also released the locked on disc VS mode first, but they didn't even work on that... i mean since its disc locked, they basically didn't do jack for it so they could work on a campaign dlc...

Now with RE6, i REALLY feel they are actually working on those MP modes, and its not a good thing. RE6 was released in september... or october? if im not mistaken... its been 6+ months already, and these days its more the norm to see all the DLC being released in a matter of months. Plus seeing them work on those vs mode is something i don't get, especially after the first batch, where people in general expressed how they didn't like them too much overall. And servers are a good exemple, hell even RE5 had people way more than RE6 on the VS... that tell something.

If they really wanted to do a VS pack once, ok, im not agreeing but ok... but preparing a new VS mode again... thats just so to me...

And like i said, Revelation coming up soon... the focus will probably shift on this one. I don't feel Revelation will be just a barely average off serie like ORC or the others like it... It look very promising and a real big game to me.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #8
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Versus mode was stupid and way broken in RE5...
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
And like i said, Revelation coming up soon... the focus will probably shift on this one. I don't feel Revelation will be just a barely average off serie like ORC or the others like it... It look very promising and a real big game to me.
Revelations isn't a spinoff, it's a main game. It's also completely different to Resident Evil 6, they both offer their own unique elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote