PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > F.E.A.R. 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-11-2011, 03:22 AM   #1
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Lightbulb "Handle with Care" solo strategy.

Didn't see one posted, so figured I'd offer my experience of achieving "Handle with Care" (personally return 30 crates) by yourself.

Map: Mechanized Invasion
Difficulty: Recruit
Make sure you are familiar with the map.

My strategy: At the beginning of the first round, exit the building and see if there's a crate nearby the safehouse.. if so, bring it in and grab a back up weapon. After this is done, head to the Mech.

The great thing about being in the Mech is that it tracks enemies (with the yellow or red box) so you can see how many are left.

Kill all enemies on the wave except one! Once one is left, locate the crates (there are 3 on the level) hop out of the mech and bring them to the nearest safehouse (there are two crate drop locations). Keep doing this every wave. I would circle around the map as I killed enemies to spot the crates so I knew where they all were.

Avoid Alma as best you can.. she will eventually get you, but if you're fighting normal enemies you can just run back to your Mech without much issue.

Be selective! Some waves have different enemies, like Rocket Soldiers and Gun Soldiers, wipe out the rocket guys (red target box) and save a gun soldier (yellow target box) for last. If it's leapers and soldiers.. save a soldier.

I ended up getting 30 crates by the end of wave 11. There was probly only one or two waves I didn't get all 3 crates.. due to fighting Mechs. Even so, you can still grab them if the enemy mech is on the other side of a building.
This was my first attempt trying this strategy and it worked like a charm. Hope it helps others! Enjoy

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
ruslan74

Send a message via MSN to ruslan74 Send a message via Skype™ to ruslan74

ruslan74's Gamercard
I will have to try this as its the only achievement left out of my list. Thanks for the tip!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
Himuton

Himuton's Gamercard
You really can't say this method works like a charm.

I was so close at 27 crates when at Lv11 the dual Mechs got me. Pissed me off so bad. The other time Alma, that f**king whore, touched my mech and sent me under a crossfire, killing me.

Without a friend's distraction and revive, it is quite impossible.

It's like half an hour of work to even get to wave 8. The whole thing could be sped up if you have a friend and try it on It's Suicide where they are 4 crates.

This method is only for those who has no partner or is a gaming god.

No go for me.

Jesus, 27 crates and 45 minutes of work. It's so damn... I'm at a lost of words.

A) Use text MSG. On Xbox.com, I can't open voice mails.

B) I speak poor English. Brace yourselves.
Himuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
COWBOYFRMHELL77

COWBOYFRMHELL77's Gamercard
I've seen this idea posted on many sights for the solo run. Same map diff takes on tactics, but same. i think this is what I will attempt. Cheers
Old 05-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
bumping this to the top for newer players.. it's still a solid strat..

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #6
kirchroa rjc

kirchroa rjc's Gamercard
thnx helped me out this guide
kirchroa rjc is offline   Reply With Quote