PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War: Judgment
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
41inuyasha

XD41INUYASHA's Gamercard
Why is everyone hating on this game/new changes in games

Everyone is always hating on change and its so stupid. It has judgement under the title instead of 4, so that automatically makes it a horrible game. Dante doesnt have white hair, so DMC is a horrible game? Halo reach doesnt have chief, so reach is a horrible game? Its becuase of people like you that we have games like COD. Everyone wont allow change. You people need to stop trolling and calling yourselfs huge gears fans two seconds after you call this game trash. Have you played it? no!!!!! The game looks fantastic, tho not as good as 3 in my opinion but it still look way worth my money and worth a season pass if there is one. If you dont like the game, then dont buy it and stay off the judgment forums. These forums are for people getting the game that want to play it find others to play with.

Gears of war has always made an amazing game and delivered in my opinion, so I will defend it and support the new one. Thank you.

Crysis
Mass Effect 3
Counter-Strike GO

41inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
z I ToP CaT I z

z I ToP CaT I z's Gamercard
- No locust in MP.
- No active damage boost.
- No warzone.
- 40 price tag which could have been 1200ms as DLC.

Those are just some of the things that put me off slightly.. I'm a massive gears fan but im still on the fence. Its the way they treated their fans on Gow 3 that is really detering me, giving away all of the "exclusive" skins for nothing, putting the season pass on sale halfway through the season, it's like they gave a middle finger to the TRUE fans of the series and are just milking it like crazy..
z I ToP CaT I z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
41inuyasha

XD41INUYASHA's Gamercard
Well I dont think the locust is a big deal, since about 95 percent of players prefered humans anyways and never like being locust. But I do agree with you on the exclusive skins and season pass. I paid full price and my friend payed half 2 months later, and I preordered and got the $150 version. And all my content was given for free anyways. That should not of happened. But the fact that they got on and gave everyone the war supporter medal for free was a very awesome thing to do. And im sure warzone will be added with an assortment of other gametypes.

Crysis
Mass Effect 3
Counter-Strike GO

41inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
z I ToP CaT I z

z I ToP CaT I z's Gamercard
Yeah I was Not happy when it went on sale.. The worst was when they gave thrasball cole away.. But he has different coloured trousers? It's laughable.

I'm not THAT bothered about warzone, but no locust? I can't play as Kantus which sucks. I'll probably still pick up the game because I know I'll enjoy it. I'm not bothering with the preorder characters as there's literally NO point. The one thing I am excited about is FFA. Finally! I don't have to carry my team all the time.. I get to kill everbody ^_^ mwahaa
z I ToP CaT I z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=416942

Hearing stuff in that video just killed my support for Judgment. I simply just can't see myself playing the game for very long. I don't think it justifies a $60 USD purchase. However, I could pick it up once the price drops.

Edit: In regards to the latter portion of this thread title, people find a way to bitch about every little thing. Look at CoD. People argue that the game hasn't changed in the past 5 years. Look at Halo 4. People are bitching about the terrible map design, and the ease of access Halo 4 has from a multiplayer perspective. They're complaining that Halo 4 has changed too much from what makes Halo stand out in the FPS genre, or rather, a turn of events that made Halo 4 like CoD, where people hop online and mindlessly shoot their buddies. No learning curve. You can't satisfy everybody.

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 02-02-2013 at 05:46 PM.
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
The games shit cause of its BAD changes.
- No Locust (they ARE the enemy in the campaign)
- No DBNO (What made Gears GEARS)
- No Executions outside of Overrun and Campaign
- No Execution, Warzone, Guardian, Horde, Beast, or Annex/KotH.
- Horrible "Loadouts" with no main weapon combos (Can't Gnasher/Lancer)
- Have to buy THIS game to unlock a mission for a PREVIOUS game that doesn't take place for years into the future.

And that's just off the top of my head.

Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
Yes, they really promoted that DBNO aspect in all those adverts and promo shots! D'oh.

It's obviously the chainsaw rifle / Marcus that many think of when it comes to Gears. They're on every cover.

Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
Personally, wall-bouncing and Gnasher firefights are what makes Gears, Gears. My humble opinion.

Quote:
- No Execution, Warzone, Guardian, Horde, Beast, or Annex/KotH.
Why I don't want to buy Judgment, for those who didn't go to the link in my previous post.

Quote:
- Have to buy THIS game to unlock a mission for a PREVIOUS game that doesn't take place for years into the future.
What's this all about?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Of 87 View Post
Yes, they really promoted that DBNO aspect in all those adverts and promo shots! D'oh.

It's obviously the chainsaw rifle / Marcus that many think of when it comes to Gears. They're on every cover.

Don't be a dick, troll. I said nothing of PROMOTING. Learn to read. Its a key element to the game that makes it stand out from other shooters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Personally, wall-bouncing and Gnasher firefights are what makes Gears, Gears. My humble opinion.

Why I don't want to buy Judgment, for those who didn't go to the link in my previous post.

What's this all about?
The firefights (which aren't there anymore) make the game as well. But they aren't being taken out. Being DBNO is a key feature to the game that they are taking lightly.

Agreed, even though ill still get it. SMH.

Being cheap ass douchebags. Probably Judgment will be a short ass campaign. So they included it.

Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #10
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41inuyasha View Post
Everyone is always hating on change and its so stupid. It has judgement under the title instead of 4, so that automatically makes it a horrible game. Dante doesnt have white hair, so DMC is a horrible game? Halo reach doesnt have chief, so reach is a horrible game? Its becuase of people like you that we have games like COD. Everyone wont allow change. You people need to stop trolling and calling yourselfs huge gears fans two seconds after you call this game trash. Have you played it? no!!!!! The game looks fantastic, tho not as good as 3 in my opinion but it still look way worth my money and worth a season pass if there is one. If you dont like the game, then dont buy it and stay off the judgment forums. These forums are for people getting the game that want to play it find others to play with.

Gears of war has always made an amazing game and delivered in my opinion, so I will defend it and support the new one. Thank you.
*RED ALERT, Gears of War 3 fanboy spotted*

Of course we can know if the game is going to be bad or not, they've already shown or given information about many major changes that will affect the gameplay we all love in a negative way.

Nobody said that Judgement would be bad just because it's named Judgement and not GoW 4.

We are huge Gears fans, I know I am. I've read all books, have played all games, got the comics coming in and have been generally interested in the Gears "universe" for a long time now. Just because I say this game will be crap automatically means I'm no longer a fan of Gears of War?

Also, do you ever attend any English classes? I can understand a few grammatical mistakes here and there but this is ridiculous.

These forums are not specifically made for people who enjoy the games. Nowhere does it say that negative opinions aren't allowed.
If you want mindless Judgement @ss-kissing, I advise you to join the Epic games forums, that's the perfect place for you.

Quote:
Well I dont think the locust is a big deal, since about 95 percent of players prefered humans anyways and never like being locust. But I do agree with you on the exclusive skins and season pass. I paid full price and my friend payed half 2 months later, and I preordered and got the $150 version. And all my content was given for free anyways. That should not of happened. But the fact that they got on and gave everyone the war supporter medal for free was a very awesome thing to do. And im sure warzone will be added with an assortment of other gametypes.
95% of all people, hm? Show me the evidence to support that ridiculous claim of yours. There are many who preferred Locust, not for the least because of the sponging characters like Kantus, Savage Kantus and Myrrah.

You pre-ordered the 150 dollar version, that means you got the Adam Fenix code, right? Has he been included in any of the DLCs? No, exactly, he has not. Exclusive skins? You mean the Flaming ones that you could get during the first few weeks? They have not been included in any of the DLCs either.

Last edited by Tortyreus; 02-02-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #11
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm so glad DBNO has been taken out. I hated going up to execute someone just to have some twat shoot the guy.
don't care that I can't play as locust. No biggie.
They added FFA!
they kept co-op online!
Regardless, I will be picking this up...

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #12
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:

First off, no one is hating Judgment- most of us are just genuinely concerned about how it's going to end up as a "traditional Gears game." Next up, you mention Dante's wardrobe/personality malfunction and no Master Chief as examples of change, well they aren't comparable to Gears J's changes- since those were purely cosmetic/following lore, where as Gears J's changes were made to "set the series in a new direction" with removed mechanics and emphasis on teamwork.

I'm all for some change amigo, but when you change ALMOST EVERYTHING that made your franchise recognizable... there's obviously going to be a problem. (And recently, we did find out that the changes were probably made to cater to Halo fans. Probably.)

Also it's funny how you only make the nod to Call of Duty as being stale and a negative notion, no one ever seems to bother when another essentially copy and paste fighting game is released, or another Pokemon for that matter. (OH LORD, BUT HEAVEN HELP THE POOR "NEW COD ANNOUNCEMENT" ARTICLE.) Yeah, it's typical.

If you're not ready to read negativity on a certain subject, then I suggest that you stay out of the topics that you think might be related to something like it- because they're not going anywhere, and they may just be getting started.

The Gears series has always delivered amazing games, yes- until now. I'm still buying this game (and in my heart, I have a tiny, tiny shred of hope that it'll be "okay"), but I still have an extremely big question mark in my head when it comes down to how it'll fare.

I bought my 360 for Gears of War more than half a decade ago, and I've played the crap out of each and every game until now. (I'm sure I'm not alone in my "fanboyism" either.) People like that deserve to be concerned when you see that same franchise getting chopped up.

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote