PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Defiance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-03-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Beta Keys

NEED 360 BETA DOWNLOAD KEY? HEAD HERE
(Thanks to TehGoomba for the link)
p.s. It's a 360 redemption code, not for the trion site.

Post here if you have any beta keys. As far as I can tell, the ones released to the public (facebook/twitter/live stream/etc) are useable by 100 different people, while there are tons of sites that are having "giveaways" - basically sign into that site's account and press an "I want a code dammit!" button.

This is NOT a key trading thread; if you got a single use key with your preorder, keep that to yourself, or give it to a friend/valentine/bum on the street. This post is for community only keys.

Also note; from what I've heard getting a beta key will allow you to play in all of the remaining beta weekends (which is probably only 2 or 3 anyway), though it's probably platform specific.

Redeem your codeHERE once you have it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zam (Added Feb 5)

Gamesradar
Nothing special for this one since it's in English, all you need is an account which takes about 2 seconds to get. I got a code a few minutes ago using this site.

Destructoid
Sign in/sign up and grab a code (2,000 codes) (Over)

PCGame.de (GERMAN codes, if that makes a difference?) (1,500 keys)
No german is required to sign up, just scroll down until you see "Hier klicken, um einen Key für die Beta von Defiance abzustauben " in orange(just above the picture slideshow) and click on that, then put in your email address. I got my code automatically. The one catch is, the code states Defiance Beta Even Germany..so you may have to learn German for the actual game

Curse.com*
Appears to have EU specific codes. I can't verify whether they are still good or not, but they were released around the same time as the other available codes so it's worth a shot.
*The NA giveaway is over, however the EU one is unspecified.

Also, anyone who uses Raptr should probably keep an eye on the rewards page of their account. Last time they did a giveaway for Defiance, the code included an in-game item.

Last edited by Shiftie; 03-21-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:08 AM   #2
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
These are all for PC beta codes
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shukuzen Kiraa View Post
These are all for PC beta codes
Better than nada, dude. Maybe they'll turn into universal codes when the console betas start. That would be nice in case people miss out on getting a console code.

Didn't you get a beta code when you pre-ordered?

Anyway, I know they said during the livestream that if you get into one beta you're in all future betas. But they also said you should apply for the platform you want when applying for a beta code on the site, so idk. My code currently says Defiance Beta Event, so I guess the console one would be Defiance Beta Event Xbox 360 or something since my other code is Defiance Beta Event Germany (lol).

Last edited by Shiftie; 02-03-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
Better than nada, dude. Maybe they'll turn into universal codes when the console betas start. That would be nice in case people miss out on getting a console code.

Didn't you get a beta code when you pre-ordered?

Anyway, I know they said during the livestream that if you get into one beta you're in all future betas. But they also said you should apply for the platform you want when applying for a beta code on the site, so idk. My code currently says Defiance Beta Event, so I guess the console one would be Defiance Beta Event Xbox 360 or something since my other code is Defiance Beta Event Germany (lol).
I signed up for the 360 beta on their site, I didn't get a beta invite for pre ordering though, you'd think I would have for dropping 150 on their ultimate edition lol.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
cab0218

cab0218's Gamercard
Any beta code you enter will give you access to all the betas.Shukuzen Kiraa Where did you pre order from? If it was Gamestop you should go back and tell them you did not get a code and they will print one off for you.

cab0218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0218 View Post
Any beta code you enter will give you access to all the betas.Shukuzen Kiraa Where did you pre order from? If it was Gamestop you should go back and tell them you did not get a code and they will print one off for you.
I pre ordered online from gamestop, can I just call them about it?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #7
cab0218

cab0218's Gamercard
They should have sent you a code already. I would e-mail them or call them about it.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #8
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Are u sure they give you one, cause i asked at mine and they knew nothing of a beta code. (Gamestop)
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #9
Shiftie

Emails for Phase 2 (PC) are being sent out now.

I got in
Email title is : Your invite to Advance Mission Beta 2 - act now!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:09 AM   #10
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I just got one, too. I made my account last night. Cool!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:49 AM   #11
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
So I got an email inviting me to the PC beta. Are you saying that if I don't use it, I can save it for the subsequent 360 beta?
Old 02-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #12
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKH8R View Post
So I got an email inviting me to the PC beta. Are you saying that if I don't use it, I can save it for the subsequent 360 beta?
If you use it now you'll get into all future betas.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:30 AM   #13
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Did everyone get in? lol

I wish they would have sent out keys instead of tying it to the account. I would have given mine away since I don't think I'll have access to a computer that will be able to run it.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #14
n1ck3sixty

n1ck3sixty's Gamercard
I also got an invite to the Beta this weekend, however I will be away from Friday till Tuesday, so will miss it completely

Really annoyed about it too, looking forward to this game and really want to get a taste of what it will be like.

Oh well, suppose other forum members will just have to tell us how it goes
Old 02-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #15
cab0218

cab0218's Gamercard
You will be able to be in the Xbox one though so dont worry.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #16
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenPaper18 View Post
Did everyone get in? lol

I wish they would have sent out keys instead of tying it to the account. I would have given mine away since I don't think I'll have access to a computer that will be able to run it.
Enter the code to your Trion account anyway, it will give you access to the console beta when it arrives.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:52 AM   #17
StolenPaper18

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shukuzen Kiraa View Post
Enter the code to your Trion account anyway, it will give you access to the console beta when it arrives.
Yea, I activated it on my account. I actually dug out an old laptop that was collecting dust in the back of my closet that MIGHT be able to run the game. So, I'm going to give it a shot.

Have they said if they were actually doing a console beta or not? Or, have people just been assuming the third one will be on the console?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #18
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenPaper18 View Post
Yea, I activated it on my account. I actually dug out an old laptop that was collecting dust in the back of my closet that MIGHT be able to run the game. So, I'm going to give it a shot.

Have they said if they were actually doing a console beta or not? Or, have people just been assuming the third one will be on the console?
They officially announced...that they will officially announce a console beta after this coming weekends beta

while we're on the console topic

Last edited by Shiftie; 02-06-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:41 AM   #19
cab0218

cab0218's Gamercard
Where did you find that?

Old 02-06-2013, 05:44 AM   #20
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0218 View Post
Where did you find that?
Someone posted on the defiance forums asking if it was legit. Lotsa people confirmed it (you can use a controller in the console beta).
Old 02-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #21
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
while we're on the console topic
I cant see anything after the word topic
Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #22
StolenPaper18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKH8R View Post
I cant see anything after the word topic
Pretty sure it's the controller layout for the game.

Hopefully this picture shows up.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #23
Gackt
Banned User

I can confirm the controller is usable in the pc version, and it works very VERY nicely.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #24
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

dude if those are the legit controls, then it is like cod which is a plus since everyone knows them and it will be smooth
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #25
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBLEACH View Post
dude if those are the legit controls, then it is like cod which is a plus since everyone knows them and it will be smooth
This. I love it when game devs use standard controls for their game. None of this "sprint with Y, shoot with A, scratch your ass with RT" controls.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #26
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
This. I love it when game devs use standard controls for their game. None of this "sprint with Y, shoot with A, scratch your ass with RT" controls.
Yes absolutely hate that.
I guess some game makers want to be different but at the cost of making their game unenjoyable with shitty controls. I also dont mind the 3rd person either since i enjoyed playing 3rd person Team Tac back in MW2 and so on. Zomg i cannot wait to call forth my ATV and shoot monsters
Old 02-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #27
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBLEACH View Post
Yes absolutely hate that.
I guess some game makers want to be different but at the cost of making their game unenjoyable with shitty controls. I also dont mind the 3rd person either since i enjoyed playing 3rd person Team Tac back in MW2 and so on. Zomg i cannot wait to call forth my ATV and shoot monsters
I saw a trailer or something with a swarm of ATVs going up a hill toward's a massive monster. Looked epic.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #28
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Just the ATVs alone is prob going to be the selling point for my brother to get this game, i told him about that and he said thats dirty
Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 AM   #29
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

So, I just booted up the beta to play this weekend. Yay! However, there is a very long download time for the patch. -.-

Side note, it asked for an authentication code, but I didn't have one. So I left it blank and it went ahead just fine?
Old 02-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #30
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I was hoping this was for the XB360, have been in the PC beta for quite a while now.