PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops II > Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
Ollie Stacey

Ollie Stacey's Gamercard
DLC and USB.

My friend and I are desperate to play the new zombie map and I was wondering if this will work? My friend doesn't have the internet so does anyone here know whether I can put my profile and DLC on a USB stick take it to his place and play it offline?

Thanks for the help in advance =D

TODD AND THE BOOK OF PURE EVIL
Ollie Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
i NatrlKilla i

Killa x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
As long as it's formatted for the xbox, and has enough space, it should work fine.

Black Ops Multiplayer Updates Here

i NatrlKilla i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It won't work currently. There's an error that pops up when you try to start the new zombie map offline.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
ExoSin

exosin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
(Forward, season passes work differently, you only get the profile license).
When you buy content, you get two licenses, one for the original Xbox it was purchased on, and one for the original profile. In order for the profile license to play content, that profile must be connected to live.

If you connect his Xbox to live, and sign in the profile you used to purchase the content, you can play. Seeing as you can't do that, unplug your Xbox and take it to his house. The Xbox does not need to be connected to live to utilize it's content license.

tl;dr, take your Xbox over there.

Further edit, treyarch likes to get fancy with their updates and dlc. They did the same for ascension in BO1. The above licensing system is used for all content aside from treyarch's title update content nonsense. However, you may still be able to play since the TU should be downloaded.

Looking to boost anything I haven't completed. Especially arcade games.

Last edited by ExoSin; 02-03-2013 at 09:48 PM.
ExoSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #5
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoSin View Post
(Forward, season passes work differently, you only get the profile license).
When you buy content, you get two licenses, one for the original Xbox it was purchased on, and one for the original profile. In order for the profile license to play content, that profile must be connected to live.

If you connect his Xbox to live, and sign in the profile you used to purchase the content, you can play. Seeing as you can't do that, unplug your Xbox and take it to his house. The Xbox does not need to be connected to live to utilize it's content license.

tl;dr, take your Xbox over there.

Further edit, treyarch likes to get fancy with their updates and dlc. They did the same for ascension in BO1. The above licensing system is used for all content aside from treyarch's title update content nonsense. However, you may still be able to play since the TU should be downloaded.
You can't play at all offline. Whether it was on the Xbox that downloaded it or not. It's a bug that's getting fixed.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote