PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Puzzle and Word > Beautiful Katamari
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-21-2007, 01:01 AM   #31
kyosh1ro

kyosh1ro's Gamercard
Just to clarify, s1lence is correct and fuzzy510 is not. I just made a 1,512m km katamari on Uranus (Chateau) level and it did NOT give me the achievement. Time to retry on Schloss Kosmos I guess.
kyosh1ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:58 AM   #32
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah, Fuzzy is full of it. First level I went to do for that achievement was that Uranus stage and didn't get anything. Went to do School of Kosmos or whatever and got it. So School of Kosmos is the way to go.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:17 AM   #33
Caleb Goessling

Caleb Goessling's Gamercard
FUZZY!! I really and truly don't believe you.

PANTS!! Your instructions for "All Presents" tells us to refer to your instructions for "All Presents." Snarf snarf.

Last edited by Caleb Goessling; 12-22-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Caleb Goessling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #34
Eyeradicate

EYEradicate's Gamercard
so with all of the DLC out now can you play whatever level now to get your astomatical Katimari or whatever it's called? or do you still have to play schloss kosmos? because when I try to play that level I always seem to rool up the black hole on accident and it ends it before I can get any bigger.....

]
Eyeradicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #35
neozophar

Ralliart2006's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeradicate View Post
so with all of the DLC out now can you play whatever level now to get your astomatical Katimari or whatever it's called? or do you still have to play schloss kosmos? because when I try to play that level I always seem to rool up the black hole on accident and it ends it before I can get any bigger.....
That one is a bit tricky but with some pratice you can do it

If you dont want to do this over and over unlock the 100 time request and after do the big katamari 1 500 000 km. When your are in space go near the black hole to get all stuff close to it and work your way away of the black hole
neozophar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:39 AM   #36
ThirdeYe

Derek1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just a tip for the 50/100 hours played achievements, I believe you need to save your game after letting it sit, otherwise your hours won't count. I accidentally just shut mine off twice after having it sit for 7 hours and then again at 8 hours, which should've put me over the 50 hour mark. I can't confirm this though, but I would assume you have to save it in order for your time played to count.

ThirdeYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #37
LocoYoko85

LocoYoko85's Gamercard
Faster way to get "Katamari Lover" Achievement

I know the guide says you should do Egg Tutorial over and over to get the Katamari Lover [200 requests completed] achievement, but with DLC available, I think doing Institute Exactamundo on the Supermarket stage is faster.

Unfortunately, you can't just roll up one item and quit. The King requires you to roll up some items. After about 30 seconds of rolling, you can stop and repeat until you get the achievement. This is faster than the Egg Tutorial, where you have to push A to go through the King's messages that pause your rolling.
LocoYoko85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #38
gjd139

murderDOCkill's Gamercard
Also for the 50/100 hours achievement it should be noted that if you let the game sit in Princedom you have to go complete ANY level for it to unlock. Sort of like the Gears of War THIS IS ANNEX! achievement. So if you're playing and pretty sure you're over 50/100 hours go play a quick game and it should unlock at the end of the level.
gjd139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:36 AM   #39
boycedesigns

boycedesigns's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoYoko85 View Post
I know the guide says you should do Egg Tutorial over and over to get the Katamari Lover [200 requests completed] achievement, but with DLC available, I think doing Institute Exactamundo on the Supermarket stage is faster.

Unfortunately, you can't just roll up one item and quit. The King requires you to roll up some items. After about 30 seconds of rolling, you can stop and repeat until you get the achievement. This is faster than the Egg Tutorial, where you have to push A to go through the King's messages that pause your rolling.
Thanks for the tip! I just got this game but loved it on PS2. I'll get up there with you guys on the achievements soon! :-)
Old 02-04-2008, 05:09 AM   #40
D e 5 t R u C t

iTz xBeRz3rKx's Gamercard
wouldnt that like break my xbox if i left it on for 100 hours?
D e 5 t R u C t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:46 AM   #41
Skellyhell

Skellyhell's Gamercard
Best way i have found overall for getting the 200 requests is to just do each level 10 times (so there are lots of extra stars in space = easier 1.5m km) then just spam the egg school. rather than just spamming the egg school.
This way does of course take longer, but that time does also add up to the 100 hours played
Skellyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #42
MoD_Legion

MoDLegion's Gamercard
The 100% collection achievement isnt listed as a DLC achievement but it looks like you need to collect items that are only in the actual DLC to get 100%. Could somebody please confirm if this means you cant actually get the 100% collection achievement without the DLC? Else I dont really have to bother trying . For instance I'm missing the trash can and some Yarn pieces which according to the item list are DLC items

[edit]
Thanks Shinobi, guess I'm off to find those last items then
[/edit]

Last edited by MoD_Legion; 03-04-2008 at 07:33 PM.
MoD_Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #43
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoD_Legion View Post
The 100% collection achievement isnt listed as a DLC achievement but it looks like you need to collect items that are only in the actual DLC to get 100%. Could somebody please confirm if this means you cant actually get the 100% collection achievement without the DLC? Else I dont really have to bother trying . For instance I'm missing the trash can and some Yarn pieces which according to the item list are DLC items
It was confirmed that you do not need the DLC to get the collection achievement. Yes, the DLC adds items, but those do not count. It is strongly recommended that you get the collector achievement before getting the DLC to avoid confusion.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #44
SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoYoko85 View Post

Cool. This works great.
SuperPhillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #45
Munsie

Send a message via AIM to Munsie Send a message via MSN to Munsie

MUNSIE's Gamercard
For the 200 requests I simply did Exactamundo Katamari in the store. You only need to roll for 5-10 seconds, if that.

If you start on the centre display: Roll straight, hit a couple bottle caps, drop down to the bridge. Roll up the line of playing tiles (forget their names), and take a left. Scoop up the big section of yen coins. Quit out.

If you start next to the yen coins: Roll up all the coins, go across the bridge, getting all the tiles. Run into the mouse made out of lego on the left or right side, you should pick up most (if not all) the bricks. Quit out.

If you start on the table: You go straight, grabbing the small food items, roll off and go slightly left, you should run into the area with the yen coins. Grab them. Quit out.

It didn't take long after that. I spent more time mashing Start/A then I did actually playing.
Munsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #46
Killer66250

Iguaina's Gamercard
Thanks, I hated the 100 hours play time, I would rather be tortued and killed than do that again.

3rd In The UK To 200/200 In Uno Rush, 13th In The World.
Killer66250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #47
VolNick

DevDaddyNick's Gamercard
EDIT: I fail at life; you can't get the Katamari Fan/Lover achievements with time attack.

Last edited by VolNick; 04-14-2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Yeah...
VolNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #48
VolNick

DevDaddyNick's Gamercard
For 100 hours playtime, I'm just leaving my 360 on with the game running all day while I'm at work. It's just a retarded achievement; there's only one game I've ever spent over 100 hours on (Call of Duty 4 - almost 400 hours now...eh, I may have spent 100 on Halo 3 as well), but this game just isn't good enough for me to play that much.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #49
Oldeez

ozone3000's Gamercard
mmmm this was nice... good guide

100% Retail: Oblivion, Amped 3, Fuzoin Frenzy 2, Avatar: TLA: TBE, TMNT, Madden 08, Fifa 06 RTFWC, Halo 3, Gun, Fable 2, Fight Night Round 3

100% Arcade: Undertow, Pocketbike Racer, Dash of Destruction

Oldeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #50
dh4645

dh4645's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
To be safe, I went back to the Princedom. I think "try again" means you didn't like your run and it won't count.
i can confirm you need to go back to princedom after each time instead of hitting try again.

i had the 100 requests from playing normally and last night i did over a hundred egg schools by hitting try again and i still havent gotten the 200 requests, so that's proof enough for me.

it's good i had my laptop to watch tv shows while i was rolling or i would have been royally pissed that i wasted all that time.

i guess it did help me get closer to the 100 hour achievement though.
Pocketbike Racer | Uno | Golf: TIU | Doritos Game | Interpol | The Maw | Assault Heroes | Shadow Complex | P v Z

PSN ID: dh4645
dh4645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:16 AM   #51
BemusedBox

BemusedBox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
i was just looking for the dlc and out of the 7 that i need to finish the game mechanical katamari is not on there. Any ideas
BemusedBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:09 PM   #52
Hypnotik Robot

Hypnotik Robot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Look again?

Hypnotik Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:38 PM   #53
BemusedBox

BemusedBox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
thanks there was 2 on there with the same name so i downloaded them both and ive got them all.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #54
BemusedBox

BemusedBox's Gamercard

Nice guide pants party helped alot thanks.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:14 AM   #55
Chaosflare

Send a message via MSN to Chaosflare

KitsuneChaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosh1ro View Post
Just to clarify, s1lence is correct and fuzzy510 is not. I just made a 1,512m km katamari on Uranus (Chateau) level and it did NOT give me the achievement. Time to retry on Schloss Kosmos I guess.
Very odd, as I just finished the Chateau Notre Desir with 1,509,816 AND got the achievement!

If you see me playing a game you need help with, or see such a game in my history,
there may be a small chance that I still have it, or can shell out a little cash to retrieve it.
Feel free to politely request assistance, and I'll do what I can (if within reason).

^w^

Chaosflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #56
YouStayClassy

YouStayCla55y's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosflare View Post
Very odd, as I just finished the Chateau Notre Desir with 1,509,816 AND got the achievement!
I can also confirm this.

I just did a katamari 1,501,449km, 476m, 79cm, 5mm on Chateau Notre Desir and got the 90 point achievement as well.

The guide should really be updated, because this is BY FAR easier than the Cosmos level due to the fact there's no timer and the black hole doesn't end your game if you accidently touch it before hitting 1.5.

I agree the guide should also be updated with doing the Perfectly Sized Level instead of the Egg Tutorial for the 100/200 Request Achievements, it's MUCH shorter to complete than Egg School.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #57
Chaosflare

Send a message via MSN to Chaosflare

KitsuneChaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStayClassy View Post
I agree the guide should also be updated with doing the Perfectly Sized Level instead of the Egg Tutorial for the 100/200 Request Achievements, it's MUCH shorter to complete than Egg School.
Well, the Egg Tutorial can be for those who wish not to, or don't have the ability to, download the DLC.

But yeah. That's actually a great suggestion.

If you see me playing a game you need help with, or see such a game in my history,
there may be a small chance that I still have it, or can shell out a little cash to retrieve it.
Feel free to politely request assistance, and I'll do what I can (if within reason).

^w^

Chaosflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #58
Skull Kid

sacredskullkid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think the fastest level to get the 100/200 requests on is Munchies Manor, because you can literally quit and go to the Princedom after rolling up one item.
Skull Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:55 AM   #59
uliudo

uliudo's Gamercard
"play again" vs "try again" do either work

All posts I have found refer to "try again" not working. I specifically would like to know if anyone can confirm "play again" (which is available after completing a level or start-return to kingdom) does or does not work. As far as I can tell it doesn't, as I believe I got my 100 achievement around 200 katamaris on "everyone's katamari" and after getting to about 350 using "play again" still have no achievement. I am now going back to princedom after every level, but really wish I didn't have to load every single time.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #60
antnie

FTF GNASHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Problem with this
Collection 100%
80 Roll up 80% of the Collection.
Every item in every level goes toward your collection, including presents and cousins. You can check your progress from the tree on the main island. They are split into different groupings. You won't get these until your last level, and you'll most likely have to replay earlier levels in Eternal Mode to get everything. Some things you can no longer get credit for if you are too large, so try to move to new areas as soon as you can, as well as replaying levels so you can roll different areas at different sizes.

It should say roll up 100%
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote