PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Starting Ebony Blade quest

i cant start the quest for this. i believe you need to talk to the barkeep in Whiterun to initiate it, but she isnt there instead its her assistant Ysolda or whatever and theres no way to get it from her from what i can say.

however i was reading about how sometimes you can glitch the quest to start, or take the cellar key off the Jarl while he's sleeping? also there was how you can sometimes whirlwind sprint through the cellar door and sort of Fus Ro Dah the Ebony Blade and get it close enough that you can pick it up and leave?

basically im just trying to see if theres any way where i wont be screwed out of getting the daedric achievement, as the bartender seems to be dead and i sure dont remember killing her.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
have you tried both of the barmen/women at both of the pubs? im not sure which one you need to talk to, but you need to ask about rumours.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Both pubs? I thought you could only get it from the one in Whiterun. The chick who is the barkeep there now won't give any rumors at all.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
Both pubs? I thought you could only get it from the one in Whiterun. The chick who is the barkeep there now won't give any rumors at all.
i thought there was 2 pubs in whiterun. one on the left as you enter the gate, slightly raised up some steps and one at the far end, opposite the gate where you enter. i could be wrong, i haven't played it in a while, but im sure there is 2 pubs in whiterun.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #5
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
i thought there was 2 pubs in whiterun. one on the left as you enter the gate, slightly raised up some steps and one at the far end, opposite the gate where you enter. i could be wrong, i haven't played it in a while, but im sure there is 2 pubs in whiterun.
There are: The Bannered Mare and The Drunken Huntsman. However, the only way to start the quest that gives you the Ebony Blade is to talk to the original innkeeper in The Bannered Mare. If Hulda (the innkeeper) dies for whatever reason, you may be unable to start the quest due to a bug with Ysolda as she doesn't offer any rumors.

Don't fret, though; you still have a chance to get the 'Oblivion Walker' achievement if you haven't done the 'Ill Met by Moonlight' quest yet. You can grab two daedric artifacts instead of one.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:15 AM   #6
shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

the one where you get either the ring or the savior hide? yeah i think i already did that one. plus i read where people got both and the game didnt count them as 2.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #7
Cann0nSen5ei

Cann0nSen5ei's Gamercard
Quote:
the one where you get either the ring or the savior hide? yeah i think i already did that one. plus i read where people got both and the game didnt count them as 2.
I have been curious, Does the Cursed ring count as a Daedric item?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #8
shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

wait wait wait....i have the Ring of Namira, but i dont remember getting Hircine's Ring, going by a pic of it i'm looking at online. maybe i actually havent done that quest yet, which means i can still try for both that and the Savior hide. or at least i dont think i have, i'm pretty sure i wouldnt have sold it, but its not in my cupboard at my house where i store the daedric stuff and the Dragonpriest masks.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cann0nSen5ei View Post
I have been curious, Does the Cursed ring count as a Daedric item?
Yes, it does.

Quote:
wait wait wait....i have the Ring of Namira, but i dont remember getting Hircine's Ring, going by a pic of it i'm looking at online. maybe i actually havent done that quest yet, which means i can still try for both that and the Savior hide. or at least i dont think i have, i'm pretty sure i wouldnt have sold it, but its not in my cupboard at my house where i store the daedric stuff and the Dragonpriest masks.
Looks like you're in luck. HERE are the exact steps (taken from an old post of mine) to guarantee that you'll get both of the daedric artifacts.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Yeah I just got both of them last night.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #11
OnikStrawHatKro

OnikStrawHatKro's Gamercard
It is confirmed that the barmaid glitches if you don't complete the Battle of Whiterun before asking her about rumors as she won't unlock the new chat logs like she is supposed to after it is over.
OnikStrawHatKro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
You need to have completed the main quest Dragon Rising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and should be played by everyone.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote