PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Windows 8
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
Jamski
 
Jamski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 734
Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
'Free' Windows 8 games with gamerscore

Sorry if this is already listed somewhere but are there many free full games for gamerscore purposes? Minesweeper and Solitaire I have found. Played cut the rope only to find it was actually a demo so assume I can't claim G's on it? And still for the life of me can't see anywhere that says if things are full games or not.

Any help for a windows newbie very much appreciated.

Thanks,

James.
__________________



Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek



Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
MuscularTea
 
MuscularTea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 241
Send a message via MSN to MuscularTea

MuscularTea's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
Sorry if this is already listed somewhere but are there many free full games for gamerscore purposes? Minesweeper and Solitaire I have found. Played cut the rope only to find it was actually a demo so assume I can't claim G's on it? And still for the life of me can't see anywhere that says if things are full games or not.

Any help for a windows newbie very much appreciated.

Thanks,

James.
Any game on the list here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=399534

that says 'Free' next to the game where the price point is listed.

And from what I've been told if you earn gamerscore in Cut the Rope 'demo' then yes they do count.
__________________



MuscularTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
Jamski
 
Jamski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 734
Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscularTea View Post
Any game on the list here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=399534

that says 'Free' next to the game where the price point is listed.

And from what I've been told if you earn gamerscore in Cut the Rope 'demo' then yes they do count.
Perfect, thanks! At least I'll be able to get some G's from it then.

Cheers.
__________________



Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek



Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:34 AM   #4
Fire Hawk D
 
Fire Hawk D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 1,549

Fire Hawk GYJS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
One thing I realized is that when I started Cut the Rope, I unlocked some achievements in the first couple stages and after I finished the 6th one, it informed me I now had to buy the full version! o.O

Guess I had some kind of free version. But, it still put the game on my 'tag. Can't say I've ever heard of the happening.
Fire Hawk D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
Jamski
 
Jamski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 734
Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Hawk D View Post
One thing I realized is that when I started Cut the Rope, I unlocked some achievements in the first couple stages and after I finished the 6th one, it informed me I now had to buy the full version! o.O

Guess I had some kind of free version. But, it still put the game on my 'tag. Can't say I've ever heard of the happening.
There is a Sesame Street game on the dash that does this, and one or two arcade games I think. I did the same with cut the rope. I got 50G's with the demo so free points isn't too bad! I'm by no means a completionist!
__________________



Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek



Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
MuscularTea
 
MuscularTea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 241
Send a message via MSN to MuscularTea

MuscularTea's Gamercard
The thing is, they didn't release it as a demo so they tricked you into playing the "real" version of the game, but they're charging for all additional levels.

I know that a game that was release like 2 years ago on the arcade where you could play the game with the base character, but if order to get any other achievement you had to pay money for them. Forget what it was called now.
__________________



MuscularTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
gazmaster1
 
gazmaster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Caerdydd, Cymraeg
Posts: 1,287

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I was suckered into getting this but it is an easy completion, much like the Phone version.
__________________
gazmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
Judge Bergan
The Judge
 
Judge Bergan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 748

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
FYI guys, all Win 8 games will show in your recently played and under your history even if you are just playing the trial versions. They are not like XBLA games where if you play a trial they won't show up there.
__________________





Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Xbox Ambassador - Level 14
Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Judge Bergan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #9
Arsenic 17
 
Arsenic 17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boulder, Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,212

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bergan View Post
FYI guys, all Win 8 games will show in your recently played and under your history even if you are just playing the trial versions. They are not like XBLA games where if you play a trial they won't show up there.
Yes can still manually remove them though
__________________


GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 118 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
banej
 
banej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 364

Lord BaneJ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscularTea View Post
The thing is, they didn't release it as a demo so they tricked you into playing the "real" version of the game, but they're charging for all additional levels.

I know that a game that was release like 2 years ago on the arcade where you could play the game with the base character, but if order to get any other achievement you had to pay money for them. Forget what it was called now.
It's called Crimson Alliance.
banej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #11
tmnterminator
 
tmnterminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 120

TMNTerminator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
Yes can still manually remove them though
Probably a dumb question, but how do you do that?
__________________
tmnterminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
Arsenic 17
 
Arsenic 17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boulder, Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,212

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnterminator View Post
Probably a dumb question, but how do you do that?
The only way I know how to do it is to go into your Achievements from the Xbox Guide button, then push the X button on the game you want to remove. It has to have 0 achievements earned in it to remove. There may be a way to do it on xbox.com as well, but i am not sure.
__________________


GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 118 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #13
tmnterminator
 
tmnterminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 120

TMNTerminator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
The only way I know how to do it is to go into your Achievements from the Xbox Guide button, then push the X button on the game you want to remove. It has to have 0 achievements earned in it to remove. There may be a way to do it on xbox.com as well, but i am not sure.
Man, you don't know how much JOY I got out of deleting about 10-15 games from GS! Thanks so much. I think they were a bunch of demos from years ago.
__________________
tmnterminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
tmnterminator
 
tmnterminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 120

TMNTerminator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Hawk D View Post
One thing I realized is that when I started Cut the Rope, I unlocked some achievements in the first couple stages and after I finished the 6th one, it informed me I now had to buy the full version! o.O

Guess I had some kind of free version. But, it still put the game on my 'tag. Can't say I've ever heard of the happening.
Yep, so I just picked up 105 of the 200 GS just in the free demo of Cut the Rope. Think thats the max you can get from the demo. Not bad!
__________________
tmnterminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #15
Arsenic 17
 
Arsenic 17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boulder, Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,212

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Add Samurai vs. Zombies to this list. FREEmium with 200 gamerscore! Available now.
__________________


GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 118 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #16
Dany1981Mtl
 
Dany1981Mtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada, Québec, Montréal
Posts: 488

Dancsi27's Gamercard
made by Glu, I will wait if there is/are any glitched achievement(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
Add Samurai vs. Zombies to this list. FREEmium with 200 gamerscore! Available now.
__________________






100% Completed games (including DLCs)

100% Win8 games: 8
100% WP7/8 games: 31
100% retail games: 46
100% XBLA games: 49
Dany1981Mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:11 AM   #17
tmnterminator
 
tmnterminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 120

TMNTerminator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany1981Mtl View Post
made by Glu, I will wait if there is/are any glitched achievement(s).
Good point
__________________
tmnterminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #18
linx
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 29

card1nalsfan's Gamercard
A new one you can add is Shuffle Party for 200gs.
__________________


linx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:36 PM.