PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty: Black Ops II > Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
erspence

Can anyone honestly say they like the Turned gammode?

Anyone? Personally I find it the worst thing to ever grace a CoD game. Not even fun to play with friends. So many issues such as:

Zombies run insanely fast

Humans swap weapons a little too slow. All you need to do is cooridinate running at the human with one other zombie and its over for him every time

Zombies can hit you from seemingly 10 feet away most times

Human camps in only one of four spots and he is still easy to get to

Wind up on the Monkey Bomb is ridiculous

LOL @ M1911

If anyone actually enjoys this mode, why? I really cant understand nor could anyone else I talked to trying to play/get the achievements with yesterday.
erspence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
Nusentinsaino

Nusentinsaino's Gamercard
The concept is great but the design is seriously heavily flawed.

They really do need to patch this ASAP.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
Ceris
Why So Ceris?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I haven't played it but I watched my brother play it and Turned looks boring as hell to play. I'll just boost my achievements and avoid Turned at all costs. If only they added Survival to Diner

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
VectorUSS

XxBlazeEmblemxX's Gamercard
It's pretty lame to be honest it would be better if the weapons swap faster and get actual good weapons like the ray gun being the last gun to unlock after the kill but it's a good concept just needs to be tweaked
Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I like it... but if you can't play with your friends, then it's not really that good.
I wanted to play with my friend, but you can't bring a public person in... I think custom only

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
xI VARSITY

oDAZZLAo's Gamercard
this game mode is the death of the cod zombies franchise, of all the ideas, this is the worst, in all honesty, if I could find the man who OK'd this and it's achievements, I'd honestly choke him out!!
Who ever you are, if you are reading this, YOU ARE A FUCKING DICKHEAD!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #7
km16

JBOND88's Gamercard
I really don't like it. Maybe if things were tweaked; zombies run a little slower, gun switch is a little faster, a bigger map, ect. But the way it is now?
Games I've Maxed Chievo's (17) -- COD4, Modern Warfare 2, L.A. Noire, Portal: Still Alive, Portal 2, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Batman: Arkham Asylum, 007: Quantum Of Solace, Fable II, Tomb Raider: Legend, Lara Croft: Guardian Of Light, Bastion, Dead Rising: Case Zero & The Walking Dead.
km16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
AKfoy0face

AKfoy0face's Gamercard
the game mode is called turned for exact reasons, its not there for you to survive being turned. its heavily crafted for you and everyone else to get turned multiple times in a game, thats why the winner is the one thats a human at the end... people need to understand the concept before asking for tweaks that would ultimately make the mode pointless/useless... get over it. dont like it dont play, and personally i hate it.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #9
TigerGenocide

wurmw00d's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It was pretty fun at first, but lost its luster VERY quickly.
TigerGenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:00 AM   #10
km16

JBOND88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfoy0face View Post
the game mode is called turned for exact reasons, its not there for you to survive being turned. its heavily crafted for you and everyone else to get turned multiple times in a game, thats why the winner is the one thats a human at the end... people need to understand the concept before asking for tweaks that would ultimately make the mode pointless/useless... get over it. dont like it dont play, and personally i hate it.
I'm not saying, nor should anyone, it should be tweaked to that degree but bigger maps, among other things, would've made the mode enjoyable while still easily challenging. If they made tweaks for slower zombies/faster gun switch, they easily could've added a 2 on 6 version or hell, 1 on 7, & it still be challenging and not frustrating. But I do see your point. The whole presentation of it is just iffy to me.
Games I've Maxed Chievo's (17) -- COD4, Modern Warfare 2, L.A. Noire, Portal: Still Alive, Portal 2, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Batman: Arkham Asylum, 007: Quantum Of Solace, Fable II, Tomb Raider: Legend, Lara Croft: Guardian Of Light, Bastion, Dead Rising: Case Zero & The Walking Dead.
km16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:15 AM   #11
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It was fun for about 2 rounds, and then I was ready to boost the achievements, and never play it again.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:53 AM   #12
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I played it once. Immediately regretted it. Will never play again.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #13
A Real Psycho

Send a message via Skype™ to A Real Psycho

darkshadow ohh's Gamercard
not very interested in it. just played it for the Achievements
A Real Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
hanzolo

hanzolo's Gamercard
My main issue with it is that it's only available on one "map".

If I were to tweak it though, I would:
  • allow for bots to add more zombies
  • Increase your health every time you die in succession as a zombie, almost like becoming as strong as in each wave in regular mode, with the chance to spawn as a special zombie.
  • Reduce the attack range of zombies
  • turn off one hit kills for both human (depending on weapon and headshots of course) and zombie
hanzolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #15
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
It's so shitty. The guns are the worst in the game and they take forever to switch.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #16
abstract1620

harry coinshlot's Gamercard
I called this one when it was announced. its terrible, you are literally sprinting and screaming 4 out of the 5 minutes of the game. I cant think of how this could be more annoying. who is it that wanted to be a Nazi zombie? this is not L4D
Old 02-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #17
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Tried it out and did not like. Received achievements, and now will not be playing this game mode again (unless helping a friend etc). L4D did this much better.

159 completed games [Includes all DLC]
SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #18
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
At least I'm not the only person who hates this mode. Still got to get the other two achievements though. "Turned" is just a crappy version of L4D and is pretty much the worst mode ever.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #19
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLYMIDGET View Post
Tried it out and did not like. Received achievements, and now will not be playing this game mode again (unless helping a friend etc). L4D did this much better.

L4D didn't have alternating guns with a range of 6 feet.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #20
SLERDY

SLERDY L's Gamercard
Yea it sucks.. As soon as I get my last cheevo I will never touch that mode again..
SLERDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #21
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
L4D didn't have alternating guns with a range of 6 feet.

That's why they did it better.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #22
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLYMIDGET View Post
That's why they did it better.
Granted. There's just nothing positive about the game mode.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #23
Sanchezz4387

Sanchezz4387's Gamercard
across the 3 treyarch zombie modes in general black ops 2 offers the worst out of the 3. the maps for survival are shit, tranzit is ok but everywhere looks the same, Die riese is good but should of been a standard map, and well this mode is frankly an embarrasment to the zombie series.....kino, nacht, veruckt, five are all infinately better than what black ops two offers as standard im just hoping the dlc brings in the previous maps coupled with some cracking new ones
Old 02-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #24
DarnedCargo

DarnedCargo's Gamercard
I enjoy always winning whenever i play but i don't enjoy how OP the zombies speed is in relation to reload & weapon swap speeds. I'd fix one of those 3 and it should make it easier for people to stay alive for longer as a human.

Last edited by DarnedCargo; 02-06-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling
DarnedCargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #25
Frazerz1990

Frazerz1990's Gamercard
Tried one game and it wasn't for me so no, but then again I've never enjoyed competitive multiplayer opposed to working with other people against computer enemies game modes such as zombies, horde and spartan ops.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #26
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarnedCargo View Post
I enjoy always winning whenever i play but i don't enjoy how OP the zombies speed is in relation to reload & weapon swap speeds. I'd fix one of those 3 and it should make it easier for people to stay alive for longer as a human.
Maybe give the player 3 times the amount of health so zombies have to team up on him.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #27
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
horrible horrible. Hard as shit to get kills. Cant play with friends, max party size one. Overall TWO thumbs down. Zombies are way too fucking fast. And why the hell when you switch guns do you have to reload them?? That is usually when i get killed. Thank god for TA and good sessions to boost the cheevos.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #28
deefxstew

deefxstew's Gamercard
I like it, why? Because it's different. So what if they bring another zombie mode in that we're all familiar with and use to? Where's the excitement in that? What they did was brought an entirely new design to the table to introduce a whole new game play in the cod world. Yeah, maybe there are some obvious flaws but when have you ever played something brand new that didn't have a tweak or two that needed touched up.. I'll admit that at first I highly disliked turned but after figuring out a couple tricks I immediately changed my mind about it. I could easily say its one of my favorite modes on zombies. Grief is insanely boring, at least with turned the pace is never dead.
deefxstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #29
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefxstew View Post
I like it, why? Because it's different. So what if they bring another zombie mode in that we're all familiar with and use to? Where's the excitement in that? What they did was brought an entirely new design to the table to introduce a whole new game play in the cod world. Yeah, maybe there are some obvious flaws but when have you ever played something brand new that didn't have a tweak or two that needed touched up.. I'll admit that at first I highly disliked turned but after figuring out a couple tricks I immediately changed my mind about it. I could easily say its one of my favorite modes on zombies. Grief is insanely boring, at least with turned the pace is never dead.
Dude, they might of brought it to COD...but really? Have you ever tried Left 4 Dead? If you like Turned game mode, I really suggest you trying it... 50 times better when it comes to controlling zombies.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #30
Rabbitz

RabbitzGamertag's Gamercard
pretty boring, but then again im not a big fan of zombies
Rabbitz is offline   Reply With Quote