Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Games for Windows Live Games > Halo 2 Vista
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #1
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Servers shutting down on Feb. 15

According to the latest Halo Bulletin 343i will be pulling the plug on the Halo 2 PC servers on February 15th, 2013, leaving LAN the only way to play the multiplayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS angel
To switch gears ever so slightly, we’re sad to report that the service end-date for Halo 2 PC Multiplayer will be February 15, 2013. We’ve been monitoring the population for months, and it’s been peaking consistently at approximately 20 players or less. Those that own this game can continue to enjoy Multiplayer over LAN after that date; however our network services will be turned off at that time. We love you, Halo 2 PC, and you will live forever in our hearts.
source: http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headli...tin-11613.aspx

Best to get those multiplayer achievements done ASAP if you're just starting the game or have put them off.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
It's very lucky that you can unlock all 21 multiplayer achievements in less than an hour.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
segagamer

segagamer's Gamercard
Really? Would you be able to help me unlock them this weekend (or anyone for that matter?)

My gamertag is segagamer. Please add if interested. I would like to 1000G this game before the multiplayer gets shut off, leaving me with another impossible 1000G
Old 01-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
BinaryRuse

Send a message via Skype™ to BinaryRuse

BinaryRuse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hey segagamer Yes I would like to get/help you get the online achievements. I hope we can get some other people on here to do the same. I hate when they shut down games that have achievements. Add me GT BinaryRuse.
BinaryRuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Uranium Deposit

Uranium Deposit's Gamercard
I may be putting a session up on TA for this, but feel free to send me a message and I'll join up as I need them all.

Uranium Deposit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
MangledRex

MangledRex's Gamercard
Kind of makes me want to install it one last time, even though I already have all the achievements

ahhh nostalgia

MangledRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
andy888101

Andy888101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
all i need is one more multipayer achievements witch is rain man (play all game type) add me so I can get this done for this weekend

also we can sill get the single player achievements sill right
Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
For everyone going for the achievements, heed this advice;

The achievements for playing all game variants and all maps can be achieved very quickly, if the host ends the game as soon as it begins.

You get 2 options; Quit Game and End Game. If you end the game, you'll go back to the lobby where you can choose the next map and variant, and load it straight up. If you keep pressing A during the count down, it'll speed it up.

If you do it this way, it'll take about 30 minutes at the most to get those out of the way, and then you just need to pick a map with the correct weapons and vehicles to get the rest. I picked the large one with the Banshee, Warthog, Sniper, and Rocket Launcher.

EDIT: Another tip. If you press F1 (IIRC) on your keyboard, you can use in-game chat, so if you don't have a headset, you can still communicate very well. The keyboard still functions when using the 360 controller.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 01-17-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
SolidSnarf86

I'd be up for this, send a friends request to SolidSnarf86.
SolidSnarf86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #10
Nomisath

I'm up too!

Last edited by Nomisath; 01-19-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Nomisath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #11
Kaiser2Chief

Kaiser2Chief's Gamercard
I'm down anytime on the weekend (Saturday & Sunday). gamertag: Kaiser2Chief
Kaiser2Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #12
haigara

Count me in for this weekend as well, I need most MP achievements (expecially Violent Cartographer, Rainman, Hired Gun, Decorated Soldier, and Running Riot.) My brother also has this for PC so really only need 2 more at the very least.

Gamertag: Ashes706

Last edited by haigara; 01-17-2013 at 08:43 PM.
haigara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #13
TVthePunisher
AV#13: What'd you say?!

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
All I need out of this now is Hired Gun, if you have Legend and need the other stuff I can help with those but Hired Gun is all I need multiplayer wise.

GT: TVthePunisher
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
chaos7

Undead Pixel's Gamercard
Smile

Online now and ready to boost. I need pretty much all the online achievements so if anyone is willing send me an invite GT: Undead Pixel

chaos7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #15
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Damn I need to get all these online achievements before 15th.

I was on earlier playing slayer. Good thing I have the wireless controller adapter. Got me 5 achievements. Took forever to update them to xbox.com though.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #16
Ezhno

Send a message via ICQ to Ezhno Send a message via AIM to Ezhno Send a message via MSN to Ezhno Send a message via Yahoo to Ezhno Send a message via Skype™ to Ezhno

Sirezhno's Gamercard
I'll join, I've been looking for someone to get achievements with for both multiplayer and co-op.

GT: SirEzhno
Ezhno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #17
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
This really does feel like the final goodbye to Halo 2. When the OG Xbox servers shut down, I thought, well there's still the Vista version, I'll just get that and play multiplayer there. Now I can't in a few more weeks.

Great, just fucking great...
Old 01-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #18
Caramel Cardinal

CaramelCardinal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
had this for ages and been meaning to start it, does anyone know whether you can get multiplayer achieves in lan matches or not?
Contrary to popular belief this here is a forum signature, it is not however an advertising space, a place where i show off my gamertag or a giraffe skiing in the alps being chased by an army of penguin snipers and a polar bear

Gears of war's gridlock recreated in halo reaches forge and compatible with all game types can be found here
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...aramelCardinal
Caramel Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #19
Ezhno

Send a message via ICQ to Ezhno Send a message via AIM to Ezhno Send a message via MSN to Ezhno Send a message via Yahoo to Ezhno Send a message via Skype™ to Ezhno

Sirezhno's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel Cardinal View Post
had this for ages and been meaning to start it, does anyone know whether you can get multiplayer achieves in lan matches or not?
I don't know, but you can still play online and make your own (even password locked) servers. I've been trying to find someone to do that with.
Ezhno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #20
xOMEGAx

S0ME0NE SPECIAL's Gamercard
Sad to see this game go. I'll likely be holding a lobby to get the multiplayer achievements on Monday considering I work all day on weekends. I wonder if they will keep custom server support even if the main one is taken down.
xOMEGAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #21
Ferets

Ferets's Gamercard
Add me, ''Ferets'', I'll have my xbox on and when I see an invite I'll join right away. I need Violent Cartographer (almost done) and rainman.

(I'll have my xbox on so I can see messages, as I don't want to keep Halo 2 open on my PC).
Ferets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:14 AM   #22
OrpheusFrost

MidnightOrpheus's Gamercard
Sad to see em go

I need a few achievements as well. Drop me a message if anyone needs someone for a lobby.
OrpheusFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #23
xOMEGAx

S0ME0NE SPECIAL's Gamercard
I posted this in the trading thread, but I will also post it here.

Quote:
I will be holding a achievement lobby on Monday 1/21 at 6pm Central time. I will hold the lobby open from 5:50 to 6:10 to allow anyone that needs the achievements to enter. We will need someone with the legend achievement in our lobby to get everything accomplished. Please try to have a headset or be willing to use the chatbox for easier communication. If you would like to join up on this date and time send A MESSAGE to S0ME0NE SPECIAL saying you would like to join the lobby. I will be going through the list of messages and inviting whoever sent me a message a invite to the lobby.

I might be doing this a few times until the server shutdown date, but I'll have to see how this first one goes.
I'll try to check both threads, but if this one gets too many replies to sort through its going to be a tldr.
xOMEGAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:38 AM   #24
TomtheIronMan

Sgt Harvey's Gamercard
Count me in, gamertag Sgt Harvey send me a message on when you want to try this.
TomtheIronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #25
BattleGoff

BattleGoff's Gamercard
Will be on multiplayer from today (Friday18th uk)
GT: BattleGoff
BattleGoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #26
Kazuma Prime

Kazuma Prime's Gamercard
Need Rainman. Contact me ASAP.
GT: Kazuma Prime.
Will be online between 8 and 9 pm Pacific.
Otherwise arrange for a time to help me out. Only online one I'm missing. Thanks
Kazuma Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #27
Busta

BustaVR6's Gamercard
I'm available now and all day tomorrow, send me a PM if you have a free spot in a party I need most of the online achievements.
Busta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #28
TVthePunisher
AV#13: What'd you say?!

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
As soon as I get Legend, I'll make myself available to help people get the Hired Gun achievement. All the way up until the Server closures.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #29
Nomisath

I need one or two players for Decorated Soldier, if you wanna help
Pm me

Last edited by Nomisath; 01-19-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Nomisath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #30
Alvaaro

Alvaaro's Gamercard
Need almost all mp cheevos.
If you have boosting group and need one more.
Send a message or invite Gt: Alvaaro
Alvaaro is offline   Reply With Quote