Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #31
Spade.
A La Rev

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Why not have a thread for listing all of our mulitplayer games to help set play dates for ambassadors?

Could also make it easy to refer to for multiplayer tourneys.

On that note, based on Carmona's post, I'll throw out an official play date for Halo 4. All those interested in playing custom maps and/or gametypes, ambassador play date this Saturday (Feb. 9th). I'll be available most of the day from 8am-10pm central time.

I don't have Burnout Paradise.
I won't be on this weekend, unfortunately. Really wish I could make that.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #32
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Just to recap, because there's a few ideas being thrown around.

1. An Ambassador Gaming Night, with games such as Burnout Paradise, Halo 4, Assassin's Creed 3, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead or even Rock Band 2. Since Jappe doesn't/can't host that, I wouldn't mind being in charge of putting together a Gaming Night for either Rock Band, Halo 4, ACIII or even Call of Duty.

2. A Completion Comp. that would last for 4-8 weeks, in which Jappe would put together and judge. Depending on the amount of entries, it could be teams of 2 instead of individual teams. At the end of the 2nd or 3rd day, the team/person with the lowest completion rate/gamerscore will be knocked out.

3. Another Completion Comp. that would last 5 weeks, in which entrants would have to complete 1 game from 5 different genres in those 5 weeks. Genres would be Fighting, Racing, Sports, RPG, and FPS.

With that said, should we 'vote' on which on these we like best?
I think I'd worry about gaming nights slightly separate from the competitions... There's no reason you can't plan at the same time for a month long competition and a few hours for a community session one night.

I really want to see a Burnout event happen . I used to spend so much time in that game. I just checked my stats and I logged in 342h 32m. I tried going online again lately, but the lobbies are just getting too small. Most of the more experienced players have moved on by now, fewer people have mics anymore, and the ones that do are usually in party chat (I logged most of my hours before party chat came about). It was just too boring compared to what I remembered, I'd love to have some more great sessions with people that actually want to play, chat, and have some fun.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #33
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
It is probably too soon for voting since we're still on the first day of discussing ideas.
Very true. I'm such a novice. I haven't made a very good first impression, shame on me.

Quote:
Along those lines, we can rotate "party leader" after each match so everyone gets an opportunity to show off their creations.

Would a list of those playing help? Kinda like boosting sessions?

Ex:
1- Grifter x360a
2- xhunter x360a
3-
Count me in. I'll try to be on Saturday!

1- Grifter x360a
2- xhunter x360a
3- BiggD83

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.

Last edited by BiggD; 02-07-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #34
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
I think I'd worry about gaming nights slightly separate from the competitions... There's no reason you can't plan at the same time for a month long competition and a few hours for a community session one night.

I really want to see a Burnout event happen . I used to spend so much time in that game. I just checked my stats and I logged in 342h 32m. I tried going online again lately, but the lobbies are just getting too small. Most of the more experienced players have moved on by now, fewer people have mics anymore, and the ones that do are usually in party chat (I logged most of my hours before party chat came about). It was just too boring compared to what I remembered, I'd love to have some more great sessions with people that actually want to play, chat, and have some fun.
Agreed. Ambassador game nights and competitions should be separate.

And shoot me an invite if you want to play some Burnout in the near future. I still have about 125 challenges to complete just for that one achievement.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #35
kaleido42
CET

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
And shoot me an invite if you want to play some Burnout in the near future. I still have about 125 challenges to complete just for that one achievement.
I don't come on much anymore, just because of the low population. You can add me on Live though, if you want, and if I see you playing I'll jump in and join

Personally I'm a fan of the free roam gametypes (I can't remember what they're call ), particularly stunt run, cops and robbers, and marked man. So hard to find people online though that'll consistently run those games, that's the big reason I've quit playing. There were some people I used to play with regularly that were obsessed with doing stunt runs online. They'd cross the hundred million point mark consistently. I was fortunate to get to play with them, nice guys and would freely share their strategies.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #36
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Suggestion: a tournament with no set game to play.*

Members sign up and once sign-ups are closed a tournament bracket is set up. When you see who you have to play against next you and your opponent agree to play a game you both have. If no agreement can be made within some time frame or if the players don't have any games in common they both buy an arcade game and play against each other in that*. If no game is played within some (larger) time frame then both are disqualified and the person that would be playing the winner automatically advances.

This should hopefully get more signups since many times people don't sign up just because they don't have the game being played
Old 02-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #37
Corrupt.
Damn you, Walt Whitman!

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post

Members sign up and once sign-ups are closed a tournament bracket is set up. When you see who you have to play against next you and your opponent agree to play a game you both have. If no agreement can be made within some time frame or if the players don't have any games in common they both buy an arcade game and play against each other in that*. If no game is played within some (larger) time frame then both are disqualified and the person that would be playing the winner automatically advances.

This should hopefully get more signups since many times people don't sign up just because they don't have the game being played
That sounds good, however who gets first choice on the game? I see standoffs when people can't decide what to play. Great idea tho.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 AM   #38
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:

this might work best.....we might have two divisions....one in the UK and a US one.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:09 AM   #39
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
That sounds good, however who gets first choice on the game? I see standoffs when people can't decide what to play. Great idea tho.
Quote:

Anyone else like the idea?
Old 02-07-2013, 02:13 AM   #40
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
I like the idea, but does it have to be arcade games?

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Old 02-07-2013, 02:17 AM   #41
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I like the idea, but does it have to be arcade games?
Players can choose to play any game they want whether it be arcade, retail, GFWL, or what have you. It would only be an arcade game in the event there are no shared games/no agreement since arcade games will be available to everyone and are generally cheaper.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #42
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I think a MP tourney like previous ones would be cool.
Gears: Judgment anyone?
Old 02-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #43
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Aero View Post
I think a MP tourney like previous ones would be cool.
Gears: Judgment anyone?
Gears is one of my few day-one purchases, so I'm down
Old 02-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #44
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Players can choose to play any game they want whether it be arcade, retail, GFWL, or what have you. It would only be an arcade game in the event there are no shared games/no agreement since arcade games will be available to everyone and are generally cheaper.
Makes sense. I'm guessing even when an agreement on what to play isn't made we still get to decide what arcade game we will both buy, or is that decided for us too..

EDIT: Gears Judgement..Hell yeah!

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Old 02-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #45
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
I'd buy another retail game before I bought a arcade game.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #46
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I am down for Gears Judgement. I won't have it day one because I wanted free shipping.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:44 AM   #47
kaleido42
CET

kaleido42's Gamercard

Quote:

I really like this idea as well. Keeps it oriented towards actual in game competition, but opens it up to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
I think the possibility of disqualification for taking too long is motivation enough for most people to come to an agreement.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #48
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Wow it seems the Ambassador program was a good idea since we are having so much conversations already!

I like dak's idea too. I will probably make a vote on what kind of tournament you guys want including dak's idea, Completion Competition (genres) and Elimination GSL.

I think these are all great ideas and couldn't decide myself what to do first.

Maybe give 48 hours for the two guys who are competing to decide what they will play and then play it. 24 hours would be even better to get the competition going faster but not everyone can play every day so it wouldn't be fair for them. Also it would mean less work for me if it was 48 hours

If we would have different divisions then it would mean we would need 2 winners, 1 from each division. How about we go with 1 division and I'll choose the players who are facing each other from the closest time zone areas.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #49
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I just see issues with the whole picking your game for that "stage" of a tourney. What would be the rules for each said game. How is winner determined, blah blah blah. I can see a set list of games available to choose from to use during the tourney with a set rules for each game, which games modes and all that jazz. Or even can use a randonmizer with a that set of games, so that way there is still some randomness to the tournament to keep it interesting.

As for the Halo 4 Game Night, count me down. I'll be on in the evening EST time zone. I don't have the Crimson Map pack if that matters.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #50
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

The arcade games users would have to download and play would be picked before the tournament starts. If two people can't agree on a game they both have to play then it's not any more likely they'll agree on an arcade game to download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannie Boy View Post
I just see issues with the whole picking your game for that "stage" of a tourney. What would be the rules for each said game. How is winner determined, blah blah blah. I can see a set list of games available to choose from to use during the tourney with a set rules for each game, which games modes and all that jazz. Or even can use a randonmizer with a that set of games, so that way there is still some randomness to the tournament to keep it interesting.
The different game idea is to bring in more people, not really to make interesting. I thought of this because I remembered back when they were doing subscriber tournaments I missed the majority of them because I didn't have the game being played. Letting members pick a game to play at each stage works around that.

As for determining who wins the round, we'll leave that to players to figure out on their own - we don't need to spoon feed them everything. The obvious choice is of course a 1v1 in a competitive gametype, but players could get creative and do something like "whoever scores more points in this game of Firefight"
Old 02-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #51
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannie Boy View Post

As for the Halo 4 Game Night, count me down. I'll be on in the evening EST time zone. I don't have the Crimson Map pack if that matters.
We could have a list of games but if there's going to be a lot of entrants then the possibility of someone not having a certain game goes bigger.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #52
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
We could have a list of games but if there's going to be a lot of entrants then the possibility of someone not having a certain game goes bigger.
Quote:
The arcade games users would have to download and play would be picked before the tournament starts. If two people can't agree on a game they both have to play then it's not any more likely they'll agree on an arcade game to download.

The different game idea is to bring in more people, not really to make interesting. I thought of this because I remembered back when they were doing subscriber tournaments I missed the majority of them because I didn't have the game being played. Letting members pick a game to play at each stage works around that.

As for determining who wins the round, we'll leave that to players to figure out on their own - we don't need to spoon feed them everything. The obvious choice is of course a 1v1 in a competitive gametype, but players could get creative and do something like "whoever scores more points in this game of Firefight"
Hey I was just pitching some ideas. It does make sense, but was just thinking about some structure to it, that was all.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #53
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I created a thread for "gaming sessions" so that we can focus on the tournament discussions in this thread.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=422112

Change is inevitable.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #54
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
I'm just going to keep building on my idea for the sake of voicing some thoughts.

Pre-Competition: Everyone signs up - limit to maybe...35-50 entrants?

Week One: Jappe picks an RPG that none of the entrants have. Contestants must 100% the game - or come close to - within one week (7 days). The last (# of people depending on how many total entrants) are knocked out.

Week Two: Jappe picks an FPS that none of the entrants have. At the end of the week, the last (# of people depending on how many total entrants) are knocked out.

Week Three: Jappe picks a Sports game that none of the entrants have. At the end of the week, the last (# of people depending on how many total entrants) are knocked out.

Week Four: Jappe picks an *Random Genre* that none of the entrants have. At the end of the week, the last (# of people depending on how many total entrants) are knocked out.

Week 5: At this point, let's say there's 5-10 contestants left. They then have to all agree between 3 games of different genres (for instance, Dak, Yannie and Myself all agree between an FPS, TPS, and Racing game) then they - we - have a week to 100% all three games.

One person wins. Maybe I'm trying to hard here but what do you guys think

Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #55
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 47 (more» ...)
How does this look for a refined version of the multi-game 1v1 tourney:

Before the competition starts, each person submits a list of games that they own and would be willing to use for a competition. I might submit a list of games like Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Forza 2, MLB 2K9, Splosion Man and Halo 3. Ideally, at least 10 games would be submitted by each participant.

Each week, two players are matched up and the judge picks a game that both people have on their list. They then have until the end of the week to either meet up or submit a score with proof as a challenge to the other participant if they do not have the availability to meet up.

After 4 weeks of this, the top 8 players move on to a knock out round with the same rules. Final Four play the week after with the winners advancing to the Gold Medal match and the losers going to the Bronze medal match.

If neither person has a game in common, one of the many free arcade games would act as the tie breaker. Aegis Wing, Doritos Crash Course, that sort of thing.

Sound like an idea?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #56
Corrupt.
Damn you, Walt Whitman!

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
I like the sound of that Doug. I also think somewhere down the line we could have a Staff vs Subscribers vs Ambassadors tournament of some kind.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #57
Spanish Assault

Quote:
I'm just going to keep building on my idea for the sake of voicing some thoughts.

Week One: Jappe picks an RPG that none of the entrants have. Contestants must 100% the game - or come close to - within one week (7 days). The last (# of people depending on how many total entrants) are knocked out.

Week Two: Jappe picks an FPS that none of the entrants have. At the end of the week, the last (# of people depending on how many total entrants) are knocked out.

Week Three: Jappe picks a Sports game that none of the entrants have. At the end of the week, the last (# of people depending on how many total entrants) are knocked out.

Week Four: Jappe picks an *Random Genre* that none of the entrants have. At the end of the week, the last (# of people depending on how many total entrants) are knocked out.

Week 5: At this point, let's say there's 5-10 contestants left. They then have to all agree between 3 games of different genres (for instance, Dak, Yannie and Myself all agree between an FPS, TPS, and Racing game) then they - we - have a week to 100% all three games.

Not a big fan of a completion tournament....I just want to have fun and some friendly competition.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #58
Spade.
A La Rev

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Not a big fan of a completion tournament....I just want to have fun and some friendly competition.
I'd have to agree here. Seems these other competition ideas are just too complex.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #59
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:

This sounds expensive.

Kudos for outside the box thinking though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
How does this look for a refined version of the multi-game 1v1 tourney:

Before the competition starts, each person submits a list of games that they own and would be willing to use for a competition. I might submit a list of games like Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Forza 2, MLB 2K9, Splosion Man and Halo 3. Ideally, at least 10 games would be submitted by each participant.

Each week, two players are matched up and the judge picks a game that both people have on their list. They then have until the end of the week to either meet up or submit a score with proof as a challenge to the other participant if they do not have the availability to meet up.

After 4 weeks of this, the top 8 players move on to a knock out round with the same rules. Final Four play the week after with the winners advancing to the Gold Medal match and the losers going to the Bronze medal match.

If neither person has a game in common, one of the many free arcade games would act as the tie breaker. Aegis Wing, Doritos Crash Course, that sort of thing.

Sound like an idea?
I'd be okay with a tourney like this.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratify View Post
I'd have to agree here. Seems these other competition ideas are just too complex.
Of course keep in mind that we can still have multiple tourneys throughout the year. And we don't have to compete in all of them. For instance, I'd try for an Assassin's Creed tourney, but wouldn't compete in a Gears of War: Judgement tourney.

It's impossible to have every tournament suit every member perfectly. But there's no reason to have only one tournament or only one type. This way everyone will eventually be able to compete in something they would enjoy. Of course, that's why we're still brainstorming.

Change is inevitable.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #60
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post

I'm digging this idea. But are the contestants competing for completion within the game? If so, the games each entrant would submit would have be clear of achievements, no?

Quote:
Quote:
This sounds expensive.

Kudos for outside the box thinking though.
Ehh, I tried

Quote:
It's impossible to have every tournament suit every member perfectly. But there's no reason to have only one tournament or only one type. This way everyone will eventually be able to compete in something they would enjoy. Of course, that's why we're still brainstorming.
Agreed. I mean, the year just began and so did the Ambassadors Program. I'm sure by the end of the month we'll have plenty of solid ideas for Competitions. And who's to say there would only be one? Multiple Comps would be fun!

Closed Thread