Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #61
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I'm digging this idea. But are the contestants competing for completion within the game? If so, the games each entrant would submit would have be clear of achievements, no?
I believe Doug was building upon Dakisbac's idea of multiplayer, not completions. Say you and I were matched, we'd compete in Halo 4 for example. Our choice of high score in Sp. ops, 1 vs. 1 slayer, etc.

Though I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the 1st time.

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 02-07-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #62
BiggD
Off to Vegas

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
I believe Doug was building upon Dakisbac's idea of multiplayer, not completions. Say you and I were matched, we'd compete in Halo 4 for example. Our choice of high score in Sp. ops, 1 vs. 1 slayer, etc.

Though I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the 1st time.
Ah, okay. This makes more sense than what I was thinking. If it's true - we'll see if Doug confirms - then I definitely like the sound of this

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #63
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'm digging this idea. But are the contestants competing for completion within the game? If so, the games each entrant would submit would have be clear of achievements, no?
Well, you could always try for achievements, but no, this is purely a game based thing. A lot of people always mention that they want to do a game specific tournament, but after trying to organize a few of these, it is really quite difficult to get everyone to agree on what to play and when to play it. You can get small groups together to play some popular games, but getting 16 people together to play Forza is really quite a challenge. Dak's idea just needed a little fleshing out.

Really, almost any game could be used, so long as there is some way to measure and verify the result. A speed run of a level in Splosion Man, a high score in Rock Band, etc, could all be used as a competition point. We basically have Dak's idea with a little more structure and a little less chance for disagreement between participants.

Not only that, but having the same event several times a year (ie. a variation on GSL or the Subscriber's Completion Competition) really isn't worthwhile. Having each group have a signiture competition (GSL for the main site, elimination multiplayer for the Ambassadors, Completion competition for the Subs), would be a good way of operating and mean that going full out in one competition won't hurt your chances in a future competition.

Last edited by Capn Doug; 02-07-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #64
BiggD
Off to Vegas

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Well, you could always try for achievements, but no, this is purely a game based thing...Dak's idea just needed a little fleshing out.

Really, almost any game could be used, so long as there is some way to measure and verify the result...We basically have Dak's idea with a little more structure and a little less chance for disagreement between participants.

Not only that, but having the same event several times a year (ie. a variation on GSL or the Subscriber's Completion Competition) really isn't worthwhile. Having each group have a signiture competition (GSL for the main site, elimination multiplayer for the Ambassadors, Completion competition for the Subs), would be a good way of operating and mean that going full out in one competition won't hurt your chances in a future competition.
Understood, sir. I like the way you think here. I'm totally down for this idea for Competition now that it has more detail and structure to it.

Jappe, consider this!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #65
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Understood, sir. I like the way you think here. I'm totally down for this idea for Competition now that it has more detail and structure to it.

Jappe, consider this!
I second this!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #66
Capn Doug

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
There's another idea I have for a competition, but it would require a large number of people, so it might be best to have a few Ambassador competitions under our belts before attempting it.

The Video Game Olympics: Compete for the pride of your country in a team based competition. Basically, players come together in teams based on their home nation. So we would have Team UK, Team Canada, Team America, Team Finland, etc. Teams would compete in a variety of 1v1 and team v team type of competitions. Send 4 people in for a Team Deathmatch in Halo. Send one person in for a massive race in Forza. Put up someone (alt tags acceptable) to see who can 100% Lost Odyssey the fastest (our equivalent of the marathon).

Just the basis of an idea now, and probably way too ambitious for the first event, but might be something to try in the future.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #67
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
There's another idea I have for a competition, but it would require a large number of people, so it might be best to have a few Ambassador competitions under our belts before attempting it.

The Video Game Olympics: Compete for the pride of your country in a team based competition. Basically, players come together in teams based on their home nation. So we would have Team UK, Team Canada, Team America, Team Finland, etc. Teams would compete in a variety of 1v1 and team v team type of competitions. Send 4 people in for a Team Deathmatch in Halo. Send one person in for a massive race in Forza. Put up someone (alt tags acceptable) to see who can 100% Lost Odyssey the fastest (our equivalent of the marathon).

Just the basis of an idea now, and probably way too ambitious for the first event, but might be something to try in the future.
Genius idea. I'll be offical Guitar Hero player for 'merica
Old 02-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #68
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:

Love this Idea....playing for your country.

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #69
BiggD
Off to Vegas

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:

This idea is gold. Maybe in the summer we could pull it off.

Last edited by BiggD; 02-08-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #70
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Good luck to Jappe. I haven't seen another Finnish user in like ever...

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)

If anybody can help me with the 50 challenges on TY, then let me know. I will be so very grateful!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #71
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Love this Idea....playing for your country.
This sounds amazing. I'm all for it.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #72
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
Good luck to Jappe. I haven't seen another Finnish user in like ever...
LOL...well then Im going to rep Puerto Rico....or Spain.

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #73
Barad
I wear legendary boxers

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Capn's international teams idea is brilliant, we should consider this..

There's so many UK members on here it's sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
Bungie made a game where the most memorable thing about it is the constant spawning of enemies in front a small cave where people would stand and shoot endlessly.
R.I.P. Loot Cave

Old 02-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #74
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
LOL...well then Im going to rep Puerto Rico....or Spain.
Fellow Rican here. Go team Puerto Rico!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #75
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Capn's international teams idea is brilliant, we should consider this..

There's so many UK members on here it's sick.
too bad you all suck...

(that's right, commencing trash talk...kidding of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannie Boy View Post
Fellow Rican here. Go team Puerto Rico!
Well then, now we have two members for team Rican.

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #76
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
too bad you all suck...

(that's right, commencing trash talk...kidding of course)

Well then, now we have two members for team Rican.
Team 'mericuh!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #77
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:

The Video Game Olympics: *snip*
Man this seems like an awesome idea. Seeing the other posts though I'm feeling outnumbered

Come on Doug, we need to get some more Canadians promoting!

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #78
Capn Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Man this seems like an awesome idea. Seeing the other posts though I'm feeling outnumbered

Come on Doug, we need to get some more Canadians promoting!
You, me, Dak, Filter. I'm sure we could get a few more people promoting.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #79
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I like Dougs idea. It'll get a lot of participation because everyone has a chance to win unlike the completion challenges where there's only a handful of people who actually have a chance.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #80
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
You, me, Dak, Filter. I'm sure we could get a few more people promoting.
I completely forgot about Dak, just a couple weeks after he helped me out in Halo 2, how embarrassing... Sorry Dak!

Is Filter still around? I don't recall seeing him ever since I got more active again.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #81
BiggD
Off to Vegas

BiggDope's Gamercard

For future notice:

Team Puerto Rico: Yannie & Carmono

Team Canada: Doug, Kaleido, Dak & Filter

Team America: Myself, xHunter, Ratify

Team UK: BAR4D

Team Finland: Jappe

And apparently Corrupt's residing in prison for the time being and Grifter is unknown so they're wildcards

Old 02-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #82
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Quote:
For future notice:

Puerto Rico is a territory though.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 02-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #83
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
For future notice:

Team Puerto Rico: Yannie & Carmona

And apparently Corrupt's residing in prison for the time being and Grifter is unknown so they're wildcards
Can I represent the death star?

My country is the United States of America, but the question is do we represent where we were born, where we live or where we want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Another reason why I ask the "where we want" question. I think those ground rules would establish how this idea would work.

In any case, to me, I think moving forward the multiplayer idea by Dak and refined by Doug would be an awesome first tournament. Some of the other ideas could be discussed further, along with any new ones, for potential future tournaments. Thoughts?

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 02-09-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #84
Spanish Assault

Quote:
HEY!!! It's true we are a territory of the US, we still get to rep ourselves in the basketball and baseball world classics...

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #85
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:

Sounds like an awesome idea! Just that there really wouldn't be a team Finland

We could do that later but let's do this more simple tournament first

So I think we are headed for the Elimination Tournament at the moment. No achievements or completions, just competiing for highest score etc.

I also like the idea of everyone posting games prior to the competitions and then the players get randomly picked as opponents and then I'll pick the game they're gonna play.

Did I understand how you guys meant it?

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro

Last edited by Jappe XBA; 02-09-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #86
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post

So I think we are headed for the Elimination Tournament at the moment. No achievements or completions, just competiing for highest score etc.

I also like the idea of everyone posting games prior to the competitions and then the players get randomly picked as opponents and then I'll pick the game they're gonna play.

Is a gtournament a gamerscore tournament?

Last edited by Jappe XBA; 02-09-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #87
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Is a gtournament a gamerscore tournament?
What are you talking about?

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 02-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #88
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
What are you talking about?
Must be seeing things. There is no way you could edit my post where I quoted you.

So, is this elimination tournament based on gamerscore or just a high score obtained within the game?

Quote:
For future notice:

Also, I believe we should be "Team 'mericuh." More American.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 02-09-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #89
Spanish Assault

Quote:

Should there be a separate thread for us to list our games then?

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #90
BiggD
Off to Vegas

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Yes but if we don't count it as a Team, there will be too many on the American Team, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
My country is the United States of America, but the question is do we represent where we were born, where we live or where we want?
When we get to this tourny I think we'd ultimately end up choosing based on current residence/born/etc.

Quote:

Yes, sir! It's a great idea and I think we're all leaning towards this one.

Quote:
Should there be a separate thread for us to list our games then?
I say there should be. To keep it organized.

Closed Thread