PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Games for Windows Live Games > Halo 2 Vista
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-01-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
Der Fuhrer

Panzer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Halo 2 online play disabled if you have a Gold Family Account?

I have an xbox live family account and it will not let me play online, it just says total games and current servers as not available. From what I have read it is a well documented problem that if you have an xbox live gold family account, you cannot play online Halo 2 because of how your account reads the game's rating. I am looking to see if anyone else on here has this problem and if so has anyone found a workaround?

Here are some other threads on other websites documenting the problem, but neither offer solutions:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.a...1-p=1#60028293

http://forums.xbox.com/gfw/games_dis...6.aspx#1105676
Der Fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Sonic0967

TBreit's Gamercard
Same problem here. Removed an account from the family plan, and it can now connect. Guess I'm out of luck until my gold family plan expires. That is the pits.

Sonic0967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:16 AM   #3
Der Fuhrer

Panzer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic0967 View Post
Same problem here. Removed an account from the family plan, and it can now connect. Guess I'm out of luck until my gold family plan expires. That is the pits.
I was already planning on going off my family plan, but it doesn't run out until May, and I don't want to start this game now if I can't complete it until May. Oh well, this shit sucks.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #4
Skelix

Skelix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I called 1-800-4MYXBOX, told them the deal. I had my main as the "parent", I kicked my other 3 dummies out of the gold family. Then he kicked my main out as well. I had about 8 months left as a gold family, he gave me like 14 months of gold codes.

Currently still have my main using the 1 year code he gave me and my dummies are silver, when I get around to it I'll have one of the dummies become a parent and have my main join under, that way in the future I can always jump out if need be.
Skelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
Der Fuhrer

Panzer x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelix View Post
I called 1-800-4MYXBOX, told them the deal. I had my main as the "parent", I kicked my other 3 dummies out of the gold family. Then he kicked my main out as well. I had about 8 months left as a gold family, he gave me like 14 months of gold codes.

Currently still have my main using the 1 year code he gave me and my dummies are silver, when I get around to it I'll have one of the dummies become a parent and have my main join under, that way in the future I can always jump out if need be.
I would do that, except my of my other 3 accounts, 2 belong to actual people so I cannot very well just end it for them short just because I want to play Halo 2.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Dyson XP

Dyson XP's Gamercard
Dont have a family XD
Dyson XP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #7
CroutonCrusader

CroutonCrusader's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I was wondering why I could never get Halo 2 (PC) to work over XBox Live. I changed router settings, made sure ports were open, double-checked virus protection. Everything I could think of.

This explains it.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #8
Der Fuhrer

Panzer x360a's Gamercard

Anybody found a solution for this yet? I am going to be quite upset if I cannot ever finish this game because they shut down the servers before my family gold expires.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #9
Sonic0967

TBreit's Gamercard
I just called up and had them pull off my family gold and switch me to regular Gold. Online finishing achs now.

Sonic0967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #10
Der Fuhrer

Panzer x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic0967 View Post
I just called up and had them pull off my family gold and switch me to regular Gold. Online finishing achs now.
My family gold runs out in May, so I am going to stick it out and do all the multiplayer achievements before the new deadline of June. Hopefully it will all work out in the end.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #11
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
Sorry... I couldn't resist!

simpsons-nelson-ha-ha--93-p.jpg
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
PhxSuns1Fan

PhxSuns1Fan's Gamercard
Ok so i had the same problem but worst since I was the primary holder.

I had to remove everyone on my plan, then cancel the family plan and then join xbox live thru just myself. I was able to play online right away.

THE FAMILY PLAN STOPS ANYONE ON THE PLAN FROM PLAYING ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!

Customer support on xboxlive had no clue of this, games for windows live support said they are aware of it and there is nothing they can do since it is related to your xboxlive gamertag. What I would do it not get off the phone with them intell they fix it and make it right. tell them to look at my account for records and notes - PHXSUNS1FAN

I will be forced to buy a Family Plan again but atleast the guy was nice enough to give me months free to make up for the plans lost!!!

I called 5 times many emails back and forth and they kept giving me the run around. I finally said enough and proved to them on the phone that its the family plan by making a new gamertag and spending one of my 2 day trails of gold free to show that people not on a family plan can play but if your on a family plan your SOB

This can be fixed only thru xboxlive!!!!!!!!!!!!
PhxSuns1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #13
PhxSuns1Fan

PhxSuns1Fan's Gamercard
Even more news now, just got of the phone with the advance team, they said the reason why I could play online or find anyone is cause no one is online playing this title anymore since it was a older title lol. Advance my ass! They have closed the case which means it will never be fixed!

Last edited by PhxSuns1Fan; 03-01-2013 at 07:30 PM.
PhxSuns1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote