PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Cave
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-25-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
oopsifelldown

oopsifelldown's Gamercard
Is it just for me or am I really bad at puzzle games?

Lol this is ridiculous, with an achievement difficulty of 2 I thought this would be a breeze, but I seem to be checking walkthroughs on almost every set of puzzles. I guess my brain isn't made for these types of games. There's a reason I haven't tried portal yet...

edit : spelled the thread name wrong. great.. * Is it just for me * lawl.

Last edited by oopsifelldown; 06-25-2013 at 02:57 AM.
oopsifelldown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
The puzzles in this game seemed more about figuring them out and going back and forth. Portal looked like an execution heavy platforming puzzler. If you figure out the cave, you probably won't still fail like portal.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:58 AM   #3
oopsifelldown

oopsifelldown's Gamercard
the time traveler area, omfg if i wouldn't of checked a guide I would of NEVER figured it out. Mine cart area was easy, i'm at the zoo right now and already had to check a guide to get the tape recorder going..
oopsifelldown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:18 AM   #4
TheMindOfAutism

TheMindOfAutism's Gamercard
no its not just you mate i get stuck on some puzzle game levels for hours. but RTS now that i struggle at.
TheMindOfAutism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #5
Corrupt.
Damn you, Walt Whitman!

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
Yes and no. I used a guide to begin with, but worked most of it out myself in the end. I agree the time traveler bit was a bit confusing, but like all puzzlers you just have to take a couple of minutes and work out what needs to be done rather than running around moving shit and pulling levers.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #6
Lou Lou Bug

SpiralOut46and2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just recently finished my first playthrough and really gave it a good effort at trying to solve the puzzles on my own before looking them up. But, I still wound up looking quite a few areas up. I would usually find that it was one small step that I didn't think of or just missed It's a fun game though, didn't think I would like this one, but I'm glad I've tried it!

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the sig!
Lou Lou Bug is offline   Reply With Quote