PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #31
Carrion

CarrionRoc's Gamercard
Sledgehammer, or who ever the other CoD developer is now, need to make a goddamn Civil War and/or Revolutionary War game.

Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #32
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildmn34 View Post
Call of Duty: WTYM

Then, then the sheep that buy it because is says Call of Duty on it open it up, it's a blank case with a sticker. Call of Duty: We Took Your Money.

and a note.

"Please insert any previous title of Call of Duty, after all it's the same game."
This should back that up:

Misete agemasho... Karnoffel no shinsui wo!
(Let me show you... the true essence of Karnoffel!)
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:23 AM   #33
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Yeah well it's about time that series made a comeback.
And ANNNNNNND the plus side to that is RTCW had the best mp ever created ever. EVER!
And I totally agree! It would definitely be something fresh. I would buy a new Wolfenstein game, I liked Wolfenstein 2009, even if it wasn't that good, it was still different.

I've never played RTCW (shame on me), but I saw some videos of it a long time ago and the MP looked very fun. So, I second that?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #34
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Call of Duty...the Madden of war games

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #35
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
I disagree. It already seems like EVERY war game takes place during WWII.
Call of Duty: War of 1812? So much espionage! MWAHAHAHAHA

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #36
Nevergraf

Nevergraf's Gamercard
I can't say I'm surprised, hopefully it's better than the last couple that released. I didn't enjoy Black Ops 2 or MW3. Black Ops 1 was o.k. MW2 is where I feel it started going down hill. A fresh reboot / new idea is what the CoD series needs, I'm not saying it has to be just like the old ones.. but more of the same just isn't doing it for me.

With Love!
Nevergraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:00 AM   #37
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevergraf View Post
I can't say I'm surprised, hopefully it's better than the last couple that released. I didn't enjoy Black Ops 2 or MW3. Black Ops 1 was o.k. MW2 is where I feel it started going down hill. A fresh reboot / new idea is what the CoD series needs, I'm not saying it has to be just like the old ones.. but more of the same just isn't doing it for me.
Problem is your fresh reboot was Blops 2.

That was probably the last CoD I buy.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #38
Rymt

Omisake's Gamercard
I actually did enjoy Call of Duty 4 a lot. I don't know why. Maybe the maps or the killstreaks being more balanced? I don't know but that game was great.

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the amazing sig!

Rymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 AM   #39
Nevergraf

Nevergraf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildmn34 View Post
Problem is your fresh reboot was Blops 2.

That was probably the last CoD I buy.
If that's really true, I think I'm going back to Halo

Seriously though.. If that's there idea of a series reboot, then this series will never change.. Ever.

With Love!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #40
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymt View Post
I actually did enjoy Call of Duty 4 a lot. I don't know why. Maybe the maps or the killstreaks being more balanced? I don't know but that game was great.
Because it was a new fresh idea. Effort went into that game to make it as great as it was. Not so much on every game in the series after that point.
I don't blame the developers...I'm guessing they were forced to do what Activision told them to do.

Quote:

Seriously though.. If that's there idea of a series reboot, then this series will never change.. Ever.
To get away from an over hyped, overrated, recycled game series you'd go back to the exact same thing in Halo?
Halo is doing the exact same thing as Call of Duty. Great first 2 games...then started to go downhill and now it's a complete waste of money. Nothing but more recycled crap the casual crowd eats right up.

Last edited by Gackt; 02-12-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:17 AM   #41
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

What's disheartening is that Call of Duty, Halo and Battlefield (kind of, there are more people playing various old Call of Duty games than there are Battefield 3) are the only real options for a console shooter. I've played a ton of Call of Duty and Battlefield and I'm pretty much over them both long term and I hate Halo. We need a new contender.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #42
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
What's disheartening is that Call of Duty, Halo and Battlefield (kind of, there are more people playing various old Call of Duty games than there are Battefield 3) are the only real options for a console shooter. I've played a ton of Call of Duty and Battlefield and I'm pretty much over them both long term and I hate Halo. We need a new contender.
Perfect timing for Return to Castle Wolfenstein to make a comeback! Im tellin you people that game had the best multiplayer of any shooter ever made EVER. EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:24 AM   #43
Nevergraf

Nevergraf's Gamercard
Quote:
To get away from an over hyped, overrated, recycled game series you'd go back to the exact same thing in Halo?
Halo is doing the exact same thing as Call of Duty. Great first 2 games...then started to go downhill and now it's a complete waste of money. Nothing but more recycled crap the casual crowd eats right up.
I was joking lol, I quit playing Halo long ago.

Quote:
You're right! Hopefully a new FPS will pop out of the wood-work at this years E3

Also, I'd play BF3 more if it wasn't with all the spawn killing in conquest I can't even spawn in a jet without getting sniped..

With Love!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:25 AM   #44
WalterWhite

Quote:
Perfect timing for Return to Castle Wolfenstein to make a comeback! Im tellin you people that game had the best multiplayer of any shooter ever made EVER. EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
You ninja'd me on that post sir. We're on the same posting wavelength tonight it seems. You probably just wrote the same thing somewhere. I never played that but before I was ever into shooters my buddy and his brother were both addicted to that and swore by it, as a matter of fact most people seem to say that.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 AM   #45
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
I was joking lol, I quit playing Halo long ago.

You're right! Hopefully a new FPS will pop out of the wood-work at this years E3

Also, I'd play BF3 more if it wasn't with all the spawn killing in conquest I can't even spawn in a jet without getting sniped..
there is a new FPS waiting to be made.....it's called Battlefront 3. That game would end all games. Why no developer wants to make hundreds of millions by making that game is beyond me.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:30 AM   #46
WalterWhite

Quote:
I had a really bad experience the night I quit Battlefield 3 forever. I could have chocked it up to a bad night and moved on but it was so fucking annoying and stupid that I never wanted to play the game again. Haven't looked back, it is however in my opinion, the best of the three games we're discussing.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 AM   #47
Nevergraf

Nevergraf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
there is a new FPS waiting to be made.....it's called Battlefront 3. That game would end all games. Why no developer wants to make hundreds of millions by making that game is beyond me.
I've never even heard of the first two?! Unless you're talking about Star Wars? In that case, I've never played any of them.

Quote:
I had a really bad experience the night I quit Battlefield 3 forever. I could have chocked it up to a bad night and moved on but it was so fucking annoying and stupid that I never wanted to play the game again. Haven't looked back, it is however in my opinion, the best of the three games we're discussing.
It certainly is the best of the three, I still miss the days of playing Battlefield 2:Modern Combat online on the PS2. Bad Company 1 kept me interested for the longest, I played it to death lol I just feel the spawn killing in BF3 is too consistent for me to put my time into it or I'm just that unlucky.

With Love!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:43 AM   #48
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
I've never even heard of the first two?! Unless you're talking about Star Wars? In that case, I've never played any of them.
Not really missing anything, Battlefront isn't as good as people made it out to be. Wasn't bad...just wasnt OMG AWESOME!@!@!!!!1
Old 02-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #49
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Call of Duty: Fall of Napoleon. Multiplayer success requires precise formation movement, combat includes one minute musket reloading times and the most astonishing bayonet duels ever seen in a video game!

Achievement #1000 - Seek and Destroy - Achievement #10000 - Fully Evolved

Overachiever: 54 points - 15 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 7-4-0

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:40 AM   #50
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
Call of Duty: Fall of Napoleon. Multiplayer success requires precise formation movement, combat includes one minute musket reloading times and the most astonishing bayonet duels ever seen in a video game!
Joking aside, they need to figure out an intelligent way to encourage, or possibly force teamwork. Even in a game like Ghost Recon where teamwork is rewarded more than lone-wolf tactics, the gameplay quickly devloves into a free-for-all. It's pretty much the opposite of the game's intended way of being played. The trick is making this happen and having players behave the right way without noticing and still having fun. That would be quite the achievement on the multiplayer front.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 02-12-2013 at 05:47 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #51
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Brothers in Arms could be great if it made a decent comeback. Hell's Highway was a letdown game play-wise, but the story was quite good.

Operation Flashpoint could be a great series again, too, maybe if the Crappy Company (AKA Codemasters) could let it go to a more capable dev, it could make a real comeback, as well.

Red Orchestra on consoles could be on option, too, but I don't see that happening.

Still, I agree on Wolfenstein.

Also, the issues with BF3's spawn camping isn't one with the game, but rather your team. Find some friends and squad up, it will be ten times better! You're getting spawn camped because your team is letting it happen, Battlefield doesn't hold your hand, you NEED a good team to truly enjoy it. BF3 is probably the best mainstream shooter out there right now.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #52
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - First Place   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
Modern Warfare 4 is going to be shit just like every other Call of Duty.

... Is what people who haven't played the games would say.

I still don't have high hopes for any Call of Duty games. They're subpar. I doubt I'll pick up many Call of Duty games in the future.
I always see you posting in the COD boards, I thought you were a COD VIP at one point. I'm actually surprised to see you say that about COD.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #53
Skorpion XBA
Prepping for Battle

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I doubt I'll get the next CoD. I've never been into the Modern Warfares anyway, except CoD4. I've been a huge fan of the series for years, but I don't see them pulling out any new tricks. Unless they start making veteran hard like it used to be. I'd buy it then just for the challenge.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #54
Walecs360

walecs360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
Well I don't think it will be a continuation of MW 3, since weren't all the bad guys from that story line killed by the end of 3?

They need a new story, new characters and a new engine. Only then will I be remotely interested.
You spoilered me the game damn I hate you!!!!1!1!!

Naah, just joking, I don't give a f about COD, I came here just to offend the game and activision.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #55
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Eh, I'll no doubt be a sucker and buy it like with other CoD titles but my heart with forever lie with Halo.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #56
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post
Eh, I'll no doubt be a sucker and buy it like with other CoD titles but my heart with forever lie with Halo.
Same here. I'm a Halo fan at heart, but I like Call of Duty as well. Whether or not they do try something different, it will no doubt sell.

Misete agemasho... Karnoffel no shinsui wo!
(Let me show you... the true essence of Karnoffel!)
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #57
runswithscissors

silverstorm55's Gamercard
This isnt even news. its the same as saying christmas will be this year...
Old 02-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #58
Spade.
Speedrunning

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

jacob xba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
I'm actually interested in what IW has in store this time, being the MW3 "trilogy" is over. MW4, something new, a prequel perhaps?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #59
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
What they need to do is go back to WWII.
A new engine and Treyarch making a new WWII would be an instant buy for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Call of duty: future warfare
Then....
Call of duty: universe at war
Isn't that Star Wars' job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
I disagree. It already seems like EVERY war game takes place during WWII.
It's because it's one of the most documented wars ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
I think it was the Call of Duty 3 iirc. Either way it needs a new one.
We shall see though. New team working on this title so something interesting could happen
I agree, World War 2 has been done to death. Let that time period go even if just for 5 more years, just let it go.
Setting it in the future allows for more creativity although something further back in time then WW 2 could be interesting if done right.
It's been done to death because it's one of the most documented war ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratify View Post
Vietnam perhaps?
I don't think this would sell. Very boring war. Although the BF:BC 2 'nam DLC wasn't to bad.

Quote:
Perhaps put an even bigger twist on it. The germans were into a lot of weird things so perhaps the game could be based off them discovering the ability to see the future and altering their plans accordingly. Maybe have them invade the allies instead of the other way around.
I'm just tired of the boring stories they keep coming up with for COD lol.
It'd be perfect Treyarch game [If CoD went that route] They did stuff like this with World of War Zombies [no real story though]

Last edited by Dog Face; 02-13-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #60
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
I don't think this would sell. Very boring war. Although the BF:BC 2 'nam DLC wasn't to bad.
Battlefield Vietnam was my favourite BF game for sure, though obviously it's not as popular as say WW2 so might not sell as well nowadays.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote