PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #61
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleriel View Post
Do the weapons in classic mode have the same damage potential as they did in dead space 1/2 or are they as gimped as in the other game modes of dead space 3?
I can surely say NO for the Plasma Cutter. It's only useful within the first few chapters but then when you get overrun by a shitload of Necromorphs you can throw it away and yeah Statis won't help you there either.

The Contact Beam is great though and very reliable when it comes to crowd control. I feel the same damage and power when I used it as in DS1+DS2.

Then again I only used the EVANGELIZER (pre-order) for my Classic run. Can't say much for the other weapons.

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 02-18-2013 at 04:39 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #62
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexZ IT View Post
Are You talking about the beginning of Chapter 19?.. There is a big blizzard/tornado that is following you: it always one-shot kills you and it's really fast and close to Isaac... So run away!
The first safe area is where You find a work bench and a store.
I think that the area after the flight section might be 'safe' until you move past a certain point. But you could just pause the game if you need a breather.

Xhunter mentioned something yesterday about Hardcore mode and was wondering if there's any confirmation for it.
He said if the non-host dies, then the game ends for both players but it acts as a 'save and quit' for the host. So you aren't sent packing back to the prologue for some else's blooper.
Sounds too good to be true, but if true then P2 could be used as a canary of sorts.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #63
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Do you use the lower tool for the contact beam often? Cause that is the only effective feature for me. Unless I'm using the upper tool wrong.
Sqeagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #64
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Of 87 View Post
I think that the area after the flight section might be 'safe' until you move past a certain point. But you could just pause the game if you need a breather.

Xhunter mentioned something yesterday about Hardcore mode and was wondering if there's any confirmation for it.
He said if the non-host dies, then the game ends for both players but it acts as a 'save and quit' for the host. So you aren't sent packing back to the prologue for some else's blooper.
Sounds too good to be true, but if true then P2 could be used as a canary of sorts.
I heard this from someone else, but I haven't played Hardcore yet, so I can't confirm it.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #65
Hurricane Of 87

Any solid way to do the final room of Chapter 15? It's after you assemble Rosetta.

5 Blackened non-running necros, then about 6 Unitoligist soldiers. Then when you run to the exit door two rocket troopers appear, once you kill one of them a whole bunch of spaz/twitchers appear (6-10). There's a small section where you can go the immediate left of the rocket troopers building where they'll all filter in but you'll still get hit a bunch and they're too close to use explosives.

Can confirm the game autosaves on Hardcore so you won't be set too far back if you suffer a power cut.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #66
fritobandito858

fritobandito858's Gamercard
Quote:
Any solid way to do the final room of Chapter 15? It's after you assemble Rosetta.

5 Blackened non-running necros, then about 6 Unitoligist soldiers. Then when you run to the exit door two rocket troopers appear, once you kill one of them a whole bunch of spaz/twitchers appear (6-10). There's a small section where you can go the immediate left of the rocket troopers building where they'll all filter in but you'll still get hit a bunch and they're too close to use explosives.

Can confirm the game autosaves on Hardcore so you won't be set too far back if you suffer a power cut.
Once the two rocket troopers appear, take them out ASAP, then just deal with the twitchers with the force gun. It's pretty hectic on the harder difficulties, so make sure you have a good amount of health packs just in case. Force gun helps out a lot, I find it a necessity.
fritobandito858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #67
neosman8

Liam Rising's Gamercard
I have recently finished hardcore and I will admit to using cloud storage as a back up. It was really easy surprisingly I built a rail accelerator and had a magnesium afterburner on bottom with ammo support and acid bath and it basically kills everything.

sonic adventure 2: battle HD
neosman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #68
Hurricane Of 87

Confirmation:
Go past chapter 5 on Hardcore yesterday. Save and Quit.
Joined someone's co-op game as P2 (Carver) and we started towards the end of chapter 5. Died in the flames at the end of chapter 6 and it's sent my Hardcore progress back to 0%.

So dying in HXC as P2 definitely resets P2's progress. Wasn't sent a hate filled message by P1, but that doesn't really count as confirmation of their progress.

The quest to get off disc 1 continues.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #69
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Confirmation:
Go past chapter 5 on Hardcore yesterday. Save and Quit.
Joined someone's co-op game as P2 (Carver) and we started towards the end of chapter 5. Died in the flames at the end of chapter 6 and it's sent my Hardcore progress back to 0%.

So dying in HXC as P2 definitely resets P2's progress. Wasn't sent a hate filled message by P1, but that doesn't really count as confirmation of their progress.

The quest to get off disc 1 continues.
I'll play Hardcore with you, if you want a partner. Can't guarantee no deaths on my end, though.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #70
DavidAnGhaeilge

DavidAnGhaeilge's Gamercard
I think its normal. The enemies seem to die much easier than they did on hard or impossible.
DavidAnGhaeilge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #71
Hurricane Of 87

^_^

Hardcore tips:

Complete a Pure Survival playthrough beforehand, this'll give you access to MK-II Overclocked frames, tips and attachments and a "One time resource supply" which'll help you upgrade 3 out of the 4 Hit Points at the first Suit Kiosk.

At the first Suit Kiosk switch to the Engineering Suit. This'll give you 25 inventory slots whereas the EVA Suit just has 20.

Use the Safe. A lot. Typically I freed up 7 inventory slots before venturing off again. You can always bring stuff back out of the safe if you're getting your arse kicked or keep it there until you approach the necessary resources needed for an upgrade, then go and break them down.

Don't be afraid to backtrack for ScavBot pickups. If you die you're going back a couple of hours, so what's another 5 minutes?

You can run through the first 3 enemy sections on Chapter 13: Cliffs Of Volantis since there's no doors blocking your way out. Save time/ammo.

Weapon of Choice:
Top weapon: Chain Gun (Telemetry Spike + Diffraction Torus)
Lower weapon: Seeker Rifle (Military Engine + Precision Tip)
Attachment 1: Stasis Amplifier
Attachment 2: Stasis Coating

Had a Planet Cracker Plasma Cutter sidearm for those places with numerous enemies where a quick reload is preferred to massive firepower. Pretty much any Feeder area.

The chain gun has a gigantic clip and sprays in the general area you point the weapon so great if you're not so accurate.
The those bullets that hit will slow the enemies down to a crawl with stasis coating
This increases your accuracy and confidence for the Seeker Rifle shot which puts down most enemies in one/two shots.
Also perfect for stopping those Chapter 19 tentacles waving about and putting them down quickly.

Enjoy.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #72
nel e nel

nel e nel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
The gun reticule is slightly off-center of the screen as it was in DS1.
More specifically, the aiming reticule is a light beam that comes directly off the weapon(s) you are holding instead of being a dot overlaid on top of the screen.

This aiming mode is available in ALL game modes under the Game Settings menu. The default is set to center.

Last edited by nel e nel; 02-28-2013 at 04:35 PM.
nel e nel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #73
NeM2k2

NeM2k's Gamercard
Is there any point to beating the game on impossible other than the circuits you get from it? It doesn't seem to have any associated achievements
NeM2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #74
Jochanan

Jochanan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeM2k2 View Post
Is there any point to beating the game on impossible other than the circuits you get from it? It doesn't seem to have any associated achievements
AFAIK, no.
Jochanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #75
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDN x Stafford View Post
Game is good
Quote:
No Its a waist
Quote:
Contact Beam Sucks Mate
One post is all you need for this.

Quote:
At the first Suit Kiosk switch to the Engineering Suit. This'll give you 25 inventory slots whereas the EVA Suit just has 20.
I was wondering about this and why I suddenly ended up with 5 more slots!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #76
Brawl Kirby

Brawl Kirby's Gamercard
Currently on my classic run and I'm almost at the part with the regenerating dudes

any tactics to survive this part properly?
Brawl Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #77
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Contact Beam Sucks Mate
Double/Triple post sucks too mate, learn the forum-rules/to edit your posts or GTFO:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=180508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawl Kirby View Post
Currently on my classic run and I'm almost at the part with the regenerating dudes

any tactics to survive this part properly?
Shoot their limbs as fast as you can so they start to regenerate in combination with STASIS in case you will get overrun and exit the section as soon as you can. Watching a few YT videos also helps. Which part are you talking about, since there are more than one spots where you get overrun by them!?

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 03-07-2013 at 10:54 AM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:04 AM   #78
Hurricane Of 87

Not sure how you don't know what to do considering you've already completed the game once!
Immortal Necros = Destroy the legs + Stasis them when they're on the floor

Nowhere else to post this but here's all the development hoodies the DS3 team had.
http://imgur.com/a/fmWys#vWOexmT
WANT
Old 03-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #79
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Nowhere else to post this but here's all the development hoodies the DS3 team had.
http://imgur.com/a/fmWys#vWOexmT
WANT
Oh nice, I'd take any/all of those

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #80
Brawl Kirby

Brawl Kirby's Gamercard
Completed the run and got my devil horns <3

The part with the immortal dudes was actually easier than expected if you keep calm and just get the hell out lol.

The part where you had to survive while waiting for the rail to escape was hard though lost alot of health packs there. My problem are the bad memories from Dead Space 2 hardcore. Thanks to the immortal guy I never made it to beat hardcore
Brawl Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #81
malfcn

I didn't see, but if you beat the last check point in a level on Impossible what does it read the level completion as? Or does it save the difficulties on each check point?
malfcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #82
Hurricane Of 87

If you join at the last checkpoint and defeat the final boss it just counts as completion for Chapter 19. You don't get the achievement for completing the entire game on Standard/Pure Survival/Hardcore. You will get the achievement for killing the moon though.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #83
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Does anyone have any advice or cheap tricks for getting past the super feeders near the beginning of chapter 12 on Classic? (After you're lowered down in the cage.) I've had zero problems until I reached this point in my run. If the first wave of feeders doesn't get the best of me then the second wave finishes me off without fail. Died at least ten times before I rage quit last night. I tried backing myself into the cage, running around the area spamming stasis and unloading with the Eva shotgun, etc... but at least one of those sneaky bastards always manages to scrawl on top of me, giving his buddies plenty of time to surround me.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #84
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buruma View Post
Does anyone have any advice or cheap tricks for getting past the super feeders near the beginning of chapter 12 on Classic? (After you're lowered down in the cage.) I've had zero problems until I reached this point in my run. If the first wave of feeders doesn't get the best of me then the second wave finishes me off without fail. Died at least ten times before I rage quit last night. I tried backing myself into the cage, running around the area spamming stasis and unloading with the Eva shotgun, etc... but at least one of those sneaky bastards always manages to scrawl on top of me, giving his buddies plenty of time to surround me.
I find a good spot is in the main "chamber" where the 2 paths meet. There is a ramp that curls round but if you stay on the lower level and back into the corner that is created by it you get a pretty good view and most the feeders will come from straight in front of you. The odd one or 2 will come from behind but you can see and hear them before they reach you.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #85
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buruma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
I find a good spot is in the main "chamber" where the 2 paths meet. There is a ramp that curls round but if you stay on the lower level and back into the corner that is created by it you get a pretty good view and most the feeders will come from straight in front of you. The odd one or 2 will come from behind but you can see and hear them before they reach you.

If you have the Evangelizer this would greatly help your survivability, but what Majica said is a solid plain if you don't. Personally I just used the elevator as a way to funnel them, but you have to be quick of disposing them or have a wide spread gun will work. That's two methods you can use, mine include.

Edit:the main thing I can say for the cage method is alternate between the rifle an shot gun, and try to cluster them together rather then wasting your shot gun shots on one feeder.

Last edited by JDMBO1; 03-21-2013 at 08:15 PM.
JDMBO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #86
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I ended up using Majica's tip which worked relatively well. I'd tried the cage before I posted that but it was just too easy for one or two of them to sneak inside with me. That was really the only part of Classic that I struggled with. Glad it's over. The devil horns were definitely worth the frustration.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #87
PROGamer83

PROGamer83's Gamercard
How hard is the game in the hardest settings? amd jow long did it take you get throught the game?
PROGamer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #88
PROGamer83

PROGamer83's Gamercard
is hardcore pretty tough and how long did it take you to get through it?
PROGamer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #89
Hades no1Minion

Hades no1Minion's Gamercard
Just finished it on Hardcore last night. Found it a LOT easier than I expected. Finished it on Pure Survival prior to it so I had all the MK II parts from the start which are extremely helpful.
Hades no1Minion is offline   Reply With Quote