PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Velvet Assassin
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Mr.Teflondon187

Mr Teflondon187's Gamercard
Does anybody like this game?

I love this game. It is a fun game. Not the best game in the world but I really like it. Everybody I talk to says they hate it. Everybody complains about the checkpoints. It is supposed to be hard. They are just a bunch of little girls. This game is also very realistic. So am I the only one who likes this game?
"Kicks are too merciful for a maegi. Take her outside. We will stake her to the earth, to be the mount of every passing man. And when they are done with her, the dogs will use her as well. Weasels will tear out her entrails and crows feast upon her eyes. The flies off the river shall lay their eggs in her womb and drink pus from the ruins of her breasts"

Last edited by Mr.Teflondon187; 05-05-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Mr.Teflondon187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
Rolyatkcinmai

Send a message via AIM to Rolyatkcinmai

Rolyatkcinmai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I agree about the checkpoints, although I do like the game. The checkpoints are absurdly far apart. There is no difficulty in redoing the same exact step by step thing 25 times because the checkpoints are 3 miles apart. There is just tedium.

100%: 50 PS3 Trophy Level: 6
If you use "cheevo" in place of "achievement" I will completely ignore your post.
100,000 hit May 23rd, 2010.
Rolyatkcinmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
NOTswaggers
Banned User

swaggers's Gamercard
I dislike stealth games that require you to be non-stealthy for such huge portions of the game. I am on mission 6 now and every other kill requires you to go non-stealth to get 100% kills and you need almost 100% kills to get your 300 at the end.
NOTswaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
edwin89

BEaST MoDE EmC's Gamercard
I got this game for free but i like it either way. i'd pay for this. The only thing i didnt like is the whole upgrading you character thing.

edwin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:35 AM   #5
Mr.Teflondon187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolyatkcinmai View Post
I agree about the checkpoints, although I do like the game. The checkpoints are absurdly far apart. There is no difficulty in redoing the same exact step by step thing 25 times because the checkpoints are 3 miles apart. There is just tedium.

There must be some difficulty for you if you keep replaying the checkpoints. Meaning you must die alot or mess up. I think the most I have had to play a checkpoint over again was 7 to 10 times due to me only wanting to use stealth kills.
"Kicks are too merciful for a maegi. Take her outside. We will stake her to the earth, to be the mount of every passing man. And when they are done with her, the dogs will use her as well. Weasels will tear out her entrails and crows feast upon her eyes. The flies off the river shall lay their eggs in her womb and drink pus from the ruins of her breasts"

Old 05-06-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
Mr.Teflondon187

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTswaggers View Post
I dislike stealth games that require you to be non-stealthy for such huge portions of the game. I am on mission 6 now and every other kill requires you to go non-stealth to get 100% kills and you need almost 100% kills to get your 300 at the end.

All most all situations can be done in stealth. It just will take alot of time and thinking. Whistle at the soldiers to get them where you want and take them out.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:39 AM   #7
Mr.Teflondon187

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin89 View Post
I got this game for free but i like it either way. i'd pay for this. The only thing i didnt like is the whole upgrading you character thing.

I agree, I hate the damn upgrade system. Can't go wrong with a free game.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #8
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Teflondon187 View Post
I agree, I hate the damn upgrade system. Can't go wrong with a free game.
The upgrades seem a little pointless as they don't seem to make much difference until you max out your stars which is a little weird. Noticed that if you have max stealth with the SS uniform you make no noise with high heals.

Not overly pleased with the checkpoints they take the piss sometimes but the game is really well made though there are a few bugs.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:13 AM   #9
the MadMann

the MadMann's Gamercard
I'm loving this game, it's definitely not the best game ever but it's still great fun. I don't understand why people complain about the checkpoints, I didn't have that much trouble making it point to point, even on agent.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #10
xGO GATORSx

xGO GATORSx's Gamercard
The checkpoints didn't bother me that much. There was only like 2 places where I got stuck and had to keep playing over and over. I really like the game. I thought it was fun and different. Definitely not my favorite game but I'm very glad I got it.
xGO GATORSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #11
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I had to do something last night... I think it was Leave a Light On - Storage (level 6) where I had to clear 3 or 4 rooms of soldiers with no checkpoint... and one of the soldiers in the last room was really tricky to get right. I redid this several times until I finally got everyone; then the next two EMPTY rooms I walked through each had checkpoints...? Generally I don't have this much trouble, but that was annoying.

The other thing that pissed me off was the end of the sewer level: I get to sneak through the entire level without detection, killing guards silently. Then at the end I have to fight 3 flamethrowers with a sillily inaccurate Luger? Really pissed me off that I couldn't get headshots... then once I finally killed them all, I realized there were a bunch of explosive barrels around.
Oops.

P1TTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
urdecpetion

urdeception's Gamercard
i do like this game a lot. but there should be some sort of melee attack, besides the knife. if someone gets to close you should be able to punch them in the throat or something. im not very good at stealth games but im learning. AND i hate how you cant revisit a level to get things u missed.. thats just garbage.
-Castlevania:SOTN
-Cabelas BGH 2010
-Call of Duty WaW
-Shrek The Third
-Velvet Assassin

urdeception
Yes, I am a girl. Don't be a jerk about it.

urdecpetion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #13
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdecpetion View Post
AND i hate how you cant revisit a level to get things u missed.. thats just garbage.
Don't miss anything.

I think the game is alright, nothing special, but definately not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. If you are looking for a great stealth game that gives you a challenge, then find another game... Splinter Cell would probably feel lile a better choice.

But if you want a game that makes you feel like an assassin god, play this... guards are horribly blind and stupid, there is only one instance so far that I couldn't get past without stealth, and thats the end of 4. If I used Morphine I probably could have done it, but I wanted Detox there, cause the first 3 levels almost require you to use it to stay stealth.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:07 AM   #14
Mr.Teflondon187

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1TTMAN View Post
The other thing that pissed me off was the end of the sewer level: I get to sneak through the entire level without detection, killing guards silently. Then at the end I have to fight 3 flamethrowers with a sillily inaccurate Luger? Really pissed me off that I couldn't get headshots... then once I finally killed them all, I realized there were a bunch of explosive barrels around.
Oops.

Yea, the guys with the flamethrowers pissed me off too. I was trying to use stealth kills the whole time. That did take me forever. I finally did kill them all with stealth kills.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #15
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
there is only one instance so far that I couldn't get past without stealth, and thats the end of 4. If I used Morphine I probably could have done it, but I wanted Detox there, cause the first 3 levels almost require you to use it to stay stealth.
Umm.. you don't need morphine in level 2 or 3 (might not in the first level either, if you can lure the last guard away with a whistle). You should be able to get Phantom on lvl 1, Detox on lvl 2, and Ninja on lvl 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Teflondon187 View Post
Yea, the guys with the flamethrowers pissed me off too. I was trying to use stealth kills the whole time. That did take me forever. I finally did kill them all with stealth kills.
You, sir, are a god.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #16
o Jack Rambo o

HI guys, im thinking about getting this game but before i do is it possible to get 1000 gamerscore and is it worth buying. please reply.
o Jack Rambo o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #17
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Jack Rambo o View Post
HI guys, im thinking about getting this game but before i do is it possible to get 1000 gamerscore and is it worth buying. please reply.
Short answer: yes and yes.

You're going to need some patience, and also some skill at stealth games, to pull off "Blitzkrieg," and a good walkthrough to tell you where to find all collectables (levels cannot be redone individually).

Old 05-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #18
UntouchedGrant

xCryingNebulAx's Gamercard
Loving the game. Always liked stealth games and I think this is by far one of the best I've played in the genre
UntouchedGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #19
AlaskA

xepikfailx's Gamercard
This game is all kinds of badass and I love the WW2 setting, this game is something different then your usual CoD or Sam Fisher game I like it!!!
AlaskA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #20
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Im not trying to hate on anybody, i really disliked this game. All it did was upset me. I tried to keep calm during the game but i couldn't take it anymore. I kept trying to kill the god damn butcher of France but his little bitches would kill me on the spot. Finally, i just gave up. I really don't want to do that again.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #21
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUNDERSTAND View Post
Im not trying to hate on anybody, i really disliked this game. All it did was upset me. I tried to keep calm during the game but i couldn't take it anymore. I kept trying to kill the god damn butcher of France but his little bitches would kill me on the spot. Finally, i just gave up. I really don't want to do that again.
First time though that part annoyed me big time as well but it's just about taking your time and picking off his lackeys.

I still think the flame throwers guys really take the piss though as once they have locked onto you there isn't any escape really unless your near a door.

I still think the end of level shoot outs are a little harsh though seeing as this is a stealth game but it makes sense as the war didn't always allow people to sneak around i guess.

Horrid war, horrid things happens but it's damn fun killing this guys.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #22
UntouchedGrant

xCryingNebulAx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUNDERSTAND View Post
Don't give up so easy
I did it on my 4th try. The Butcher's guards werent the problem for me, I took them all out with the pistol and exploding barrel. It was the Butcher himself who was the challenge. I went in with about 13 pistol rounds, spent 2 on each of the 4 guards and 1 on the explosive barrel to kill the 5th guard in the corner. That left me with 4 rounds for the Butcher. Hit him with each one - no effect whatsoever. I had to actually get behind him and stealth kill him, which was difficult because once he know's you are there, he almost never turns his back. Luckily he did turn round eventually and I had chance to sneak up on him and kill him.
I found lots of shotgun ammo on dead bodies and crates in that final bell tower but I had no shotgun, I exchanged it for the pistol in an earlier level - shame, shotgun would have been welcome!

Last edited by UntouchedGrant; 05-11-2009 at 06:36 PM.
UntouchedGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #23
Oliie

The game isn't easy, that's right but I like it. Especially the animation of Violette's ass.
Oliie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:56 AM   #24
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The checkpoints are only a bitch to me when i get caught.
I try to do most of the game stealth so i have good health for hard parts, So when i get caught i mostly restart my checkpoint, This pissed me off big time on the Docks level, Because it took me back to the beggining after clearing out 3 diffrent area's. In the end i gave up and just ran arround guns blazing.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:30 AM   #25
Hooligunn

Send a message via MSN to Hooligunn Send a message via Skype™ to Hooligunn

Hooligunn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I really enjoyed it. I would rate it in the 7-8 area (but around the middle of that due to the AI crapness at times) and I found it a very solid stealth game. Oh wait, sorry, I'm talking about the first 10 levels.

The last two levels, without spoiling anything, dropped it down to a straight 6 for me. Never have I faced such POOR level design in terms of decisions on how to approach the last couple of levels. Stripping your weapons / morphine away for a while, cool, makes it harder. But then forcing you, when you get your weapons back, to shoot for two whole levels with some of the worst target reticules / shooting mechanics / overpowered enemy AI resulted in me absolutely HATING Velvet Assassin. I mean, come the hell on, snipers who can run whilst they shoot and hit you EVERY FRICKEN TIME, even behind rocks / trees. It's an absolute joke.

Why did they do that? Why did they take a stealth game, a very solid stealth game at that, and turn it on it's head into a fustrating pile of crap that if the whole game had been sold like that, it would have been lucky to get a 3.0. I have never hated a game developer more for ruining a good game. Appauling stuff.

I'll be playing a guided runthrough next for the last 7 cheevos I need after doing my own runthrough on Hard, and I look forward to the first 10 levels. But I tell you, those last 2 I will be dreading every level I get closer to them.
Hooligunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #26
BenWo

BenWo RKO's Gamercard
I think this is a great game and once again a great game gets am average score... This should have been at least a 7.0

Dont know what IGN were thinking giving this a 5.0! Just because they probably personally didnt like it... They always mark down on stealth games... Look at Tenchu Z and Assassins Creed... Both great games in my opinion.. But both recieved terrible scores..

And then GTA IV gets a straight 10!! WTF

That game nowhere near deserves a 10... Its a 8.5 at best.. Terrible texture pop ins... Countless glitches.. More than a handful of missions that are just plain frustrating and not fun... I found myself dragging through that game and as for replay value.. Bah!! Do all that again?! No thanks...
BenWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #27
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligunn View Post
I really enjoyed it. I would rate it in the 7-8 area (but around the middle of that due to the AI crapness at times) and I found it a very solid stealth game. Oh wait, sorry, I'm talking about the first 10 levels.

The last two levels, without spoiling anything, dropped it down to a straight 6 for me. Never have I faced such POOR level design in terms of decisions on how to approach the last couple of levels. Stripping your weapons / morphine away for a while, cool, makes it harder. But then forcing you, when you get your weapons back, to shoot for two whole levels with some of the worst target reticules / shooting mechanics / overpowered enemy AI resulted in me absolutely HATING Velvet Assassin. I mean, come the hell on, snipers who can run whilst they shoot and hit you EVERY FRICKEN TIME, even behind rocks / trees. It's an absolute joke.

Why did they do that? Why did they take a stealth game, a very solid stealth game at that, and turn it on it's head into a fustrating pile of crap that if the whole game had been sold like that, it would have been lucky to get a 3.0. I have never hated a game developer more for ruining a good game. Appauling stuff.

I'll be playing a guided runthrough next for the last 7 cheevos I need after doing my own runthrough on Hard, and I look forward to the first 10 levels. But I tell you, those last 2 I will be dreading every level I get closer to them.
They did that for the last 2 levels because viollete ended up running from the germans and being hunted. It's how she met her demise. Technically this game gets classed as a shooter though which is weird. It's just part of the story that happened before she was caught.

It's a little annoying as the germans can wipe you out if your careful but i guess it add something different to the game towards the end though it's a real pain on the last level.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:04 AM   #28
skel3t0n

WolfParade's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   SOTF Runner Up
Yah the first 10 levels were pretty awesome I really enjoyed it but wtf was the last level about. I felt like I was playing cod5 zombie mode at the very end of the game facing waves of germans outside of the church, what a joke. I was going to replay the game on hard but seriously fuck that now i'm selling it.

skel3t0n / valensi / youtube
skel3t0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:46 AM   #29
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel3t0n View Post
Yah the first 10 levels were pretty awesome I really enjoyed it but wtf was the last level about. I felt like I was playing cod5 zombie mode at the very end of the game facing waves of germans outside of the church, what a joke. I was going to replay the game on hard but seriously fuck that now i'm selling it.
That made me laugh, the end is a joke but it follows what happened to violette i guess. Hard really isn't that hard just need to keep an eye on your health you still die as fast so it's not that much of a challenge.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #30
Heners

Send a message via MSN to Heners Send a message via Skype™ to Heners

ACL Heners's Gamercard
its pretty god damm good aeeee