Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Tropico 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
TotemicWeevil

totemicweevil's Gamercard
Question Help required please

Hi Guys,

I'm on mission 4 and I've hit an impasse.

No matter what I try I can't seem to get off to a good start on this one. I've tried, in no particular order building the following at the start with no long lasting effects:

- cannery - for just coffee, all other canible things turned off (fish, pineapples)
- logging facility & tree cutting camp
- distillery - importing sugar
- tobacco - import leaves & cigar factory

No matter what I do & I've been on this map for 4 or 5 days now, I can't seem to get off the ground. Either my teamsters stop collecting / plant stops producing and I get so far into the red that I can't claw it back.

I use the Nuclear Testing edict at the start for an extra 10k so I've got a fairly massive 50k to play with but I can't seem to get the formula right for making this one click.

Anyone got any hints or tips for me please? I've tried looking on the Tropico forum on the game developers site - no help there, they mainly deal with the PC version, modding the game and the fact that the expansion(s) aren't working properly.
TotemicWeevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
LordBunnyHunter

LordBunnyHunter's Gamercard
I personally think this game is very easy. What I always do first is load up the mission and check for available resources (oil is best, gold, iron and crop conditions). Then I back out and start again with my own presidente and the best character traits. I always use "oil tycoon" because oil is the real cash cow in this game (like in reality). I always start off with that. Or if there's no oil, start with mining and sugar or tobacco, which can then be used to make rum (distillery) or cigars (cigar factory). It's normal that in the beginning, your bank account will constantly go up and down from -20k up to +50k and so on. Just don't spend too much for your people at the beginning. Issue a few edicts (like social security or free housing) and build a ministry right at the beginning with a foreign minister so you can issue the USSR development aid which grants you 50% on apartments which can be pretty useful as well.
LordBunnyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote