PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Castle Map Pack
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #1
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Castle Maps - Video Strategy [Certain Affinity]

Daybreak

Perdition

Reminds me a lot of Halo ODST's Campaign.

Outcast

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 04-06-2013 at 05:55 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Some nice weapon and vehicle placement on these maps. Wonder if an Outcast vid will be released today.

They really want to make these maps seem alive more than anything else though. From the previous map packs, Landfall had that huge ass frigate swooping down and around, and Harvest had those robotic assembly line arms at the top. And maps like Harvest and Landfall were arguably the worst in their respective packs, if not "the worst" they were still unfavorable when paired up with something like Shatter or Skyline. So Perdition could fall into the same pattern. But I do like that monorail, it's been a while since I've seen trains in Halo (Terminal in Halo 2?). My inner four year old is excited.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Some nice weapon and vehicle placement on these maps. Wonder if an Outcast vid will be released today.

They really want to make these maps seem alive more than anything else though. From the previous map packs, Landfall had that huge ass frigate swooping down and around, and Harvest had those robotic assembly line arms at the top. And maps like Harvest and Landfall were arguably the worst in their respective packs, if not "the worst" they were still unfavorable when paired up with something like Shatter or Skyline. So Perdition could fall into the same pattern. But I do like that monorail, it's been a while since I've seen trains in Halo (Terminal in Halo 2?). My inner four year old is excited.
Just updated the OP with the video of Outcast. Looks decent but very chaotic with the Spartan Laser default on the map and 384 vehicles.

Harvest and Landfall were far from bad. I don't know what you're talking about!

Old 04-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Just updated the OP with the video of Outcast. Looks decent but very chaotic with the Spartan Laser default on the map and 384 vehicles.
At least now we know it'll be the map to go for the 2 direct Splazer kills.

Quote:
Harvest and Landfall were far from bad. I don't know what you're talking about!
They were ok, but not really memorable compared to the other maps in their respective packs (Shatter and Wreckage > Harvest // Monolith and Skyline > Landfall). And Harvest and Landfall seem like those were maps that Certain Affinity/ 343i spent most of their time on making it "alive" with objects moving in the background. So I was thinking if Perdition will immediately become the least popular map in the Castle map pack, because of the effort put into coming up with ways to make the map feel "alive" (monorail) will detract from making the map's playability/flow?
Old 04-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
At least now we know it'll be the map to go for the 2 direct Splazer kills.

They were ok, but not really memorable compared to the other maps in their respective packs (Shatter and Wreckage > Harvest // Monolith and Skyline > Landfall). And Harvest and Landfall seem like those were maps that Certain Affinity/ 343i spent most of their time on making it "alive" with objects moving in the background. So I was thinking if Perdition will immediately become the least popular map in the Castle map pack, because of the effort put into coming up with ways to make the map feel "alive" (monorail) will detract from making the map's playability/flow?
True, makes that one achievement a little less confusing or difficult.

I could see why you didn't like them, but I has some of the best CTF matches on Harvest and I simply like Landfall due to the environment. Wreckage was the worst DLC map of all in my opinion, and Shatter was too big and I never got into that one. Monolith and Skyline were great though.

As for Perdition, it'll probably be the least favorite map among the three for many only because, in my opinion, it really doesn't "feel" like a Multiplayer map. It literally looks like something from the ODST Campaign. Similarly, Outcast looks ripped straight outta Sniper Alley from Spartan Ops so it seems bland to me too despite it being nice and big.

Daybreak looks the best because of the green environment and resemblance of Timerlands from Anniversary (great map!) and Highlands from Reach (favorite DLC map in Reach).

Kinda wish we got a fourth DLC Map Pack to round the GamerScore to 2000 and to see 3 more maps -> Two Covenant styled maps (purple, ships, etc.) and another map like Daybreak/Harvest.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
Maximus MLG

Maximus MLG's Gamercard
I love watching these videos, it gives you a great idea of what the gameplay is going be like on the maps.
Maximus MLG is offline   Reply With Quote