PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Castle Map Pack
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
New CastleTrailer

Just uploaded by Waypoint,

Which one is your favorite so far? I love the look of that military base one. I'd like to see at least a semi forgeable space in any of these though.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I figured that 'April 1st' release date was false.

Anyways, Daybreak still looks the best. However, they're all large maps. So screw Halo!

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~

Last edited by BiggD; 03-11-2013 at 04:58 PM.
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
LickableLemons7

LickableLemons7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I was really excited for Outcast, I though it would be very similar to the Infinity map from Halo PC because of the valley and ridge description I heard. But the way it's depicted in this makes it seem like one of those maps from the first half of Spartan Ops.

And for those who didn't see the news article on the front page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie poo

New Battlegrounds: Castle Map Pack:
  • Daybreak - Two UNSC bases oppose each other in this large asymmetrical map. Teams must split focus between attacking the enemy base while playing close defense to their own. Claim your teamís sniper rifle to cover the central Man Cannon, or grab a Warthog to push through the side channels and flank the enemy base. The Rocket Launcher and Banshee both spawn in positions diagonal to the starting bases; claiming their firepower early is crucial to land the first flag cap or take an early lead in kills.
  • Outcast - Controlling vehicle paths is critical in this circular map set in a desert environment. Outcast features frequent Mantis vs. Wraith battles, so teams must keep their drivers informed with constant communication to get the drop on enemy vehicles. While driving the Mantis, you can target fusion coils in tunnels to flush out camping opponents directly into your rain of fire, or cover your flag runnerís dash to a friendly Warthog. If you find yourself without a vehicle, race to the secondary bases to secure a power weapon or drop on enemies for a game-changing hijack.
  • Perdition - Blending long sightlines, vehicles, and close-quarters combat, Perdition caters to nearly any gameplay style. Wheelmen and gunners will be right at home in this urban environment as a well-placed Warthog can lock down a quarter of the map, securing valuable ordnances for the team. Learning the interior routes is essential to both escaping danger and finishing off ranged kills. Be sure to look for the Gravity Hammer in Power Station 3 Ė an ideal revenge weapon against a pesky sniper or a big surprise for an enemy Warthog.
I guess I'll be mainstream for once and say Daybreak is the map I'm looking forward to the most.

And there'll be 9 more achievements for a total of 250g. Wonder if there will be more DLC to bump the total amount of gamerscore to 2000. Gears did it, why can't Halo?

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 03-11-2013 at 07:21 PM.
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
crazy W01f 816

crazy W01F 816's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Eh, nothing special. The majestic maps look much better and these look generic. Oh well, at least the pain is almost over.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Pretty excited about these maps since I won't need to play Halo 4 again after that.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
I was really excited for Outcast...But the way it's depicted in this makes it seem like one of those maps from the first half of Spartan Ops.

I guess I'll be mainstream for once and say Daybreak is the map I'm looking forward to the most.

And there'll be 9 more achievements for a total of 250g. Wonder if there will be more DLC to bump the total amount of gamerscore to 2000. Gears did it, why can't Halo?
Daybreak, that's what's up my man. I think Halo will stop at 1750. The only way I can see it going to 2000 is if they have a Season 2 of SpOps in November or in 2014 if they make a Halo 2 Anniversary, there will be a tacked on 250 to Halo 4. But that'll probably not happen since a Halo 2 Anniversary in 2014 would be for the NeXbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
Pretty excited about these maps since I won't need to play Halo 4 again after that.
As sad as it is to admit (because I love Halo...or at least used to?) once these achievements are done, I'm never going back to it lololol.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #7
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
So there are 9 more achievements worth 250.

Sadly, I think they will be similar to the Majestic ones. Not a bad thing necessarily, but I hope they are "longevity" type achievements (play X amount of matches, get x amount of kills). If only we could swap in-game challenges with achievements.

That said, I'm excited for these. Going to make a video on some interesting stuff I've noticed with the new trailer.

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #8
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMaker1 View Post
So there are 9 more achievements worth 250.

Sadly, I think they will be similar to the Majestic ones. Not a bad thing necessarily, but I hope they are "longevity" type achievements (play X amount of matches, get x amount of kills).
I doubt it. They'll probably be more like Crimson since these maps are larger like Shatter and Wreckage.

Mantis and Wraiths in Outcast, probably Man-Cannons in all of them. I foresee many stupid achievements tied with this Map Pack.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #9
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I doubt it. They'll probably be more like Crimson since these maps are larger like Shatter and Wreckage.

Mantis and Wraiths in Outcast, probably Man-Cannons in all of them. I foresee many stupid achievements tied with this Map Pack.
I thought the same thing. I haven't picked up Halo since day 1 of Majestic (even though Action Sack has intrigue me to almost come back.) I will say at least Reach had almost consistent multiplayer experiences. This game I can either go under or do extremely well.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #10
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
I thought the same thing. I haven't picked up Halo since day 1 of Majestic (even though Action Sack has intrigue me to almost come back.) I will say at least Reach had almost consistent multiplayer experiences. This game I can either go under or do extremely well.
Same, I haven't touched Halo since the 25th and I could care less. I played a hella lot of Reach but Halo 3 was my favorite. Oh well, 'til April 8th.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #11
MysticMidnite04

LadiesMan2490's Gamercard
I'm feeling burned out from Halo 4 so it will be nice to be done with this game and catch a break before Halo 5 or whatever else comes next. The thing I liked about Majestic was that the maps stood out but with Castle these maps look incredibly boring.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #12
drexsack

drexsack's Gamercard
Dudes, if you don't care about the soooo shitty Halo 4, why do I have to read your retarded posts every single fuckin day? Play Halo 3, have some fun. That's all it should be about.

-> I like the new maps, and I love big maps. And Halo 4. Srsly.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #13
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
Looks good, should give me a reason to go back to Halo.
XBL Rarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexsack View Post
Dudes, if you don't care about the soooo shitty Halo 4, why do I have to read your retarded posts every single fuckin day? Play Halo 3, have some fun. That's all it should be about.

-> I like the new maps, and I love big maps. And Halo 4. Srsly.
Opinionated posts are now retarded posts? Oh...okay. Because that makes sense. Lol, and you like Halo 4? Surely you've never played Halo 2 or 3. And if you have than I don't know wtf you're talking about.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #15
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Looks most awesome out of the 3 map packs, but please... NO CHEEVOS LIKE CRIMSON - NEVER EVER AGAIN!
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #16
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Maps look way too big, once I have my achievements this game is getting sold. I had my fun with the original 1000.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #17
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Maps look way too big, once I have my achievements this game is getting sold. I had my fun with the original 1000.
Agreed, these maps are too large. However, sell your copy!? Damn, I would NEVER, not even if someone paid $100 for it!