PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
Wanz1

Wanz's Gamercard
Thoughts?

Anyone have any thoughts of this upcoming title? At this time I won't be going after this game unless someone can convince me this will be a good game; too close to Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
cutterk73

cutterk73's Gamercard
i just ordered it off ebay this morning..in another thread someone said they played it and it was a fun decent game..

cutterk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I thought it was fun mainly since I haven't played one of these type of games since Time Crisis when they used to have them at arcades. Voice acting in this game is some of the worst that I've heard, but hey, it's only $20 so I wasn't expecting anything spectacular. Gameplay is alright, but the entire campaign including Veteran mode can be completed in under 3 hours. Full 1000 can be obtained in under 4 hours.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #4
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The first game was fun, not too bad for on rails.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
Wanz1

Wanz's Gamercard
Is the new one a 'Rail Shooter?'
Old 01-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanz1 View Post
Is the new one a 'Rail Shooter?'
Yes, the entire game is on rails.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
LiQuiD 87

LiQuiD VeNoMouS's Gamercard
Just a quick question ,, is this officially released in the uk ? as the only place i have found it to buy in uk pounds is ebay (suspicious)
LiQuiD 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #8
Wanz1

Wanz's Gamercard
Can't find it in the US either. Only eBay and/or Amazon.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
mattybell2117

I found this to be more difficult than Heavy Fire Afghanistan but if you play it co op then you'll never die, makes it way easier for sure.

The radios seem to be screwed for me though. I'm playing on ps3 and I did my first playthrough on my one ps3 and got all but 1 radio. Moved my save over and started my second playthrough and got 5/8 radios, bringing my total up to 12/16, and I still haven't received any trophies/achievements related to the radios. I had to move my save over so that I could play with my move because I didn't want to play vet mode with a controller and my setup for my first ps3 doesn't permit using the move.

Gonna go back through the game on easy and get some headshots anyway but I'm a bit disappointed that these trophies may be glitched for me.

The game was released early here in Canada (about 3 weeks-month ago) but I've just been so busy I haven't been able to get around to it yet. I don't think this is supposed to be released outside of NA just so everyone knows. Not 100% sure but from what I've gathered this is a NA exclusive and most Canadian EB Games/Gamestops broke the street date for it.
mattybell2117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybell2117 View Post
I found this to be more difficult than Heavy Fire Afghanistan but if you play it co op then you'll never die, makes it way easier for sure.

The radios seem to be screwed for me though. I'm playing on ps3 and I did my first playthrough on my one ps3 and got all but 1 radio. Moved my save over and started my second playthrough and got 5/8 radios, bringing my total up to 12/16, and I still haven't received any trophies/achievements related to the radios. I had to move my save over so that I could play with my move because I didn't want to play vet mode with a controller and my setup for my first ps3 doesn't permit using the move.

Gonna go back through the game on easy and get some headshots anyway but I'm a bit disappointed that these trophies may be glitched for me.

The game was released early here in Canada (about 3 weeks-month ago) but I've just been so busy I haven't been able to get around to it yet. I don't think this is supposed to be released outside of NA just so everyone knows. Not 100% sure but from what I've gathered this is a NA exclusive and most Canadian EB Games/Gamestops broke the street date for it.

CO OP???? are you sure. never seen any co op options in this game.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #11
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by upindat View Post
CO OP???? are you sure. never seen any co op options in this game.
Yeah you have to press start and then controllers and assign more, you can have upbto 4.

Games dumb easy to me 3hr 11min to 1k.

Also best gun to use is the shotgun, I averaged a accuracy of 184% because you will kill 3 in 1 shot most of the time. So you will never run out of ammo as with all the clips it holds 300, I never got below 80 before the level ended and it automatic too.
DOPE BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #12
LiQuiD 87

LiQuiD VeNoMouS's Gamercard
Quote:
ok thanks for that will grab a copy from ebay then
LiQuiD 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #13
Wanz1

Wanz's Gamercard
GameStop finally had it available for online ordering only. I'll be getting it on Tuesday, the 12th. I'll have to squeeze it in between Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #14
Skorpion XBA
RIP Travis

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I'll just bypass the arguments here and state that I'll probably get this game from GameFly. Yeah, it's only $20, but if it only takes a few hours to 1k it then I don't want to blow that when I could be getting something else.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
Wanz1

Wanz's Gamercard
The game got much better once I figured out how to invert the Y axis.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #16
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
I found this at Gamestop yesterday for $16.99 used. Not bad, I'm enjoying it, for what it is.

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer, Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #17
Ali_P_84

AirRaidPatrol's Gamercard
I'm finding the controls a bit fiddly and the crosshair to be too slow moving. It's an enjoyable game to an extent but a bit frustrating as well. Definitely better suited to a mouse as a controller.
Ali_P_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:21 AM   #18
Shinnbob

Send a message via MSN to Shinnbob Send a message via Skype™ to Shinnbob

Shinnbob's Gamercard
I wouldn't really call it fun tbh. Achievements were easy, gameplay just felt like a Wii game, probably be better suited for a kinect arcade game really.