PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
Mykel 13

Mykel 13's Gamercard
Price fixing kits

I've just heard this this is going on on ps3 right now, that stade reims(sp?) kit is being discarded for about 60k. Has anyone heard about anything like this going on on xbox?

Mykel 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
Morbido

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Im confused. You mention price fixing and then say a kit is being discarded for 60k???

Price fixing is when someone or a group of people buy out a single item. Say that kit you mentioned. They then put it up for more than it was previously worth. I.E the average price of the kit was 850 coins. They then put it up for a BiN of 2.5k.
Giving people two options. 1. Pay over the odds (2.5K) or 2. Hope they get lucky and snap one up that someone else has put up for cheaper than the price fixers.

If people are saying a kit discards for 60k, they are probably BSing in the hope that you will buy THERE kit. You see a Stade Reim kit for 5k and buy it thinking you will make 55k. You then find the kit discards for the same as all other kits and they are 5k better off.

If im completely missing the point, sorry. Im just not clear what your saying.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
LNG SaNdMaN

LNG SaNdMaN's Gamercard
As Morbido says, it's a scam.

He will have bought loads of the same kit, probably for 150 coins, and tries to get prople to buy them for, say, 5K, thereby making him a huge profit, by trying to make people believe they discard for much more.

Don't fall for it. If something seems too good to be true, it usually is
Old 02-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
Morbido

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yar. Right at the start of Fifa 12 my mate played a guy who straight after the game messaged him claiming that he would pay 10k for some teams badge. My mate looked at this teams badge on the auction site and saw that there were 10 or so badges being sold for 4.5k all listed by the same guy. The guy he had just played. He would have bought the kits cheap 150-500 and put them up for 4.5k, sent messages to all the players he had just played in the hope that they would buy one of his kits thinking they would get 10k for it. He would then have sold the kit for a huge profit and of course would not respond to the messages from conned players saying they now have the badge and are listing it for BiN 10k.

The daft bastard was to stupid to wait 24 hours before getting in touch with former players as chances are by then they might not put two and two together and realised that they are all sold by the same team, the team they played yesterday.

There is no end to these plonkers trying to cheat others and as Sandman said if its sounds to good to be true. It is.

Last edited by Morbido; 02-13-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
Mykel 13

Mykel 13's Gamercard
Wow I cant believe how deceitful people can be for fifa coins. Thanks for the quick replies guys before I got stung.

Mykel 13 is offline   Reply With Quote